• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
So is Mr X here for the season, or just a couple of guest appearances as others have suggested?

Whatever, it is good to get tongues wagging in Shute Shield circles. Even better to have international type players turning out in clubland. Such a rare event nowdays. One could almost excuse them for being Ex Darknessers.

As Oscar Wilde said (according to Monty Python) "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about".

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The Balmain twitter account seem to think it's Sos Anesi.

If true it's not a bad pickup, but certainly not a game breaker. He is a solid player but hardly a star.

O

Ole Two Blue

Yes Knuckles I did misunderstand your comments, my apologies. I can tell you it's not Jerry, it is a player of similar background who is mates with Parra's backs coach Gerry Fasuvalu, that's where the rumour probably started. On a scale of big name signings, if Jerry Collins is a 10, this bloke is probably a 4.

I can speak with some authority on behalf of the club......and I gotta say, probably a 4........you're dreaming. I watched the boys train last night and I tell ya, rating this bloke a 4 is very harsh and completely inaccurate.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Classic - the undersell, "Probably a 4" followed by the oversell "You're dreaming".

All the marketing tricks and teasers being rolled out. Loving this suspense.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
I can speak with some authority on behalf of the club..and I gotta say, probably a 4....you're dreaming. I watched the boys train last night and I tell ya, rating this bloke a 4 is very harsh and completely inaccurate.

OK now I'm in suspense, the player I was told it was maybe isn't? Has Christini/Fasuvalu/Bell pulled a classic subterfuge?

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
OK now I'm in suspense, the player I was told it was maybe isn't? Has Christini/Fasuvalu/Bell pulled a classic subterfuge?

And Growden in the Herald seems to know something...
All Black surprise

A Sydney first-grade club is in for a big shock tomorrow because a recent All Blacks Test representative will be playing against them. We have been sworn to secrecy which club he will be appearing for, but the speedster arrived at Tuesday night's training, and said he wanted to play. The club readily agreed, and the All Black will make an appearance this weekend.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/passing-comment-sparks-more-unrest-20120712-21yzd.html#ixzz20SeIxSlt

O

Ole Two Blue

Ok, I thought I'd put this matter to bed. It is Mils Muliana. He will be with us for the rest of the season including any semi finals should we get that far.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
OK Lads. Who is going to run the book? Nominations here.

Frist Prize = Bragging rights.

I'll start with nominating Zac Guildford. The Darkness have a habit of sending theirs over here to detox (a la Mr S. Walsh).

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
OK Lads. Who is going to run the book? Nominations here.

Frist Prize = Bragging rights.

I'll start with nominating Zac Guildford. The Darkness have a habit of sending theirs over here to detox (a la Mr S. Walsh).

I'll go with who I was told, Richard Kahui.

F

Fifi

Tomorrow will be my very first time watching a club match in Sydney, so I'm eager to see how these Parra boys will do.

Oh and I know who this 'international' guy is that's playing tomorrow...
But I'll let the suspense continue :)

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Tomorrow will be my very first time watching a club match in Sydney, so I'm eager to see how these Parra boys will do.

Oh and I know who this 'international' guy is that's playing tomorrow.
But I'll let the suspense continue :)

Fifi, (AKA Mrs Muliana) welcome to Green and Gold Rugby forums

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Picking up an international player is great news for the two blues. However, I would've hoped it to be a tight forward where they really need help in regards to moving forward in the competition. The backline has by far improved out of sight and continue to impress. Best of luck two blues.

F

Fifi

Fifi, (AKA Mrs Muliana) welcome to Green and Gold Rugby forums

You've totally blown my cover! lol Thanks for the welcome.

Picking up an international player is great news for the two blues. However, I would've hoped it to be a tight forward where they really need help in regards to moving forward in the competition. The backline has by far improved out of sight and continue to impress. Best of luck two blues.

Rest assured I hear Parra have also picked up a fairly decent forward who will also be making his debut tomorrow.

WOW.... And the suspense keeps on coming..... ;)

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Whether it is true or not, this is awesome for club rugby. I hope it's true. If it is, it will have more than rugby tragics talking about it (which is the whole idea).

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Think this may well be an elaborate hoax.

I'm beginning to come around to that conclusion. It may well not be, but, it just seems that this could be perhaps one of the cleverest marketing strategies to draw interest hatched in terms of club Rugby. One that could see Parra lure many punters to Merrylands forking over their cash (and filling Parra's coffers a little) in anticipation only to realise the truth. That the Parra bloke's a marketing geniuses. Or, they could have lured an AB. But who in the AB squad would draw a 4 out of 10. Mils Muliana would certainly rate higher than a 4.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Ryan09, you misunderstood me brother. The intent of my comment was one of curiosity. I was merely trying to find the reason why Collins would go there. I noticed you have made some comments to the contrary of who it is..however, I have to say, the mail is that it is in fact Jerry. I am also led to believe that the GM has done a deal with 2 NPC provinces for player swaps throughout the season..starting Monday. And he's quite astutely picked the two biggest provinces, Auckland and Wellington. So as Hugh Jarse said, that GM is a clever bugger.

For selfish reasons, I dont wish the Two Blues to be successful, I would much prefer it if my club Manly was, however, before anyone shoots me for that opinion, I stress it is for selfish reasons.

For the betterment of Rugby and the growth of our game, if Manly dont win it, I certainly hope Parra do.

H
Welcome aboard Galah, I am sure that you will have some enjoyment here in Gaggerland.

You and Gee08 have done wonders to drive up demand for the programme at this weeks Shute Shield games.

Thanks HJ a pleasure to be aboard - Hey Knuckles you'd the place to be tomorrow has to be T G Milner . Some very interesting and much anticipated returns sitting on the bench including I believe, one E Gower, our new 10 and Katoni Ale off the bench in 2's where Cam Pyne also returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.