• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sharks v Tahs, round 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just tuned in, read some tweets about Cheika being ejected from the field? What did Dennis get his yellow card for?

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I really hope Cheika doesn't come out after this pasting (as it looks we'll be getting at 19-3 down) and bitch about anything but the performance of the Waratahs

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Disappointing from the Tahs tonight. Should have been closer at half time and then it was all downhill from Dennis' ridiculous yellow card.

Time to regroup for next week. We need to beat the Stormers.

Well played by the Sharks. They matched our physicality, dominated us at set piece and kicked their goals brilliantly.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Damn.

Sharks pack were just immense, blew us away.

Scrum performance is just astonishing. How does it get that bad?

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Too quick for me there Braveheart.

32-10

As good as the Waratah intensity and aggressive defence were, they are not enough to compensate for the poor set piece, kicking, and ball security.

I was very disappointed with Dennis' push (not even the level of handbags) on BDP. The captain can never be the guy who loses it, even a little bit. It is a shame benching him would affect the lineout so badly.

The Sharks were sloppy at times, but were well worth their win.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I was very disappointed with Dennis' push (not even the level of handbags) on BDP. The captain can never be the guy who loses it, even a little bit. It is a shame benching him would affect the lineout so badly.

On the other hand, the captain has to be the one to stand up for his team...

Sounds like Nathan Grey's influence has fixed our leaky defensive problems, at the expense of almost everything else...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Tahs never looked like winning this one to me, just no continuity against a sharks side who marked up well on the ball running support threats; and then won the turnovers.

Defensively the Tahs looked good, the only tries the Tahs conceded was from a maul and a quick tap, but with their pop gun kicking, average accuracy in cleanout, they couldn't get out of their own half.

Dennis's yellow? meh, we know the Bok sides niggle\intimidate off the ball, the Tahs needed to be better disciplined, there were plenty of warnings.

I don't like the chopping and changing with Lance, Horne, Beale and Foley, it didn't help at all. There too much plenty of lateral passing at the back off kick return, but no beating defenders.

Beale used to be one of the best broken field runners off kick return around, what has happened?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Oh and memo to Paddy Ryan, move your f*ckin feet underneath you before you extend, you will eat less grass

Status
Not open for further replies.