• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sharks v Tahs, round 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If the Sharks kick the leather off the ball Beale's ability to counter-attack will work well for the Tahs. In those instances I fully expect Horne to be up in the front line defending, with a brief to make life difficult for Frans Steyn. The only potential drawback with the three selected to run on at 11, 14 and 15 is their pace, the Sharks do seem to have a bit more speed here. But that only shows up if they keep the ball in hand, something they haven't practised so far this year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No Crawford yet, his time will come.

I think a big part of it is that Crawford missed the pre season at least from a contact training point of view and then spent the start of the season with Gen Blue.

Meanwhile, Carraro, Lance, and Horne were all part of the main team throughout (although Carraro and Lance certainly got some game time with Gen Blue).

Whilst he's fit again, I think part of it is time training with the main team. Tala Gray is in the same position. If Gray hadn't got injured in the preseason I'd guess we'd have seen him on the bench in games already.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't think the Sharks are going it kick nearly as much as they did last week against the Bulls. They lost that game because they kicked way too much and then could not dominate in the tackle. The Bulls actually ran it back at them (not sure too many people watched but this was the big surprise in this game - the Bulls kept the ball in hand - they played anti-Bulls rugby) but managed to recycle quickly and then get territory.

The Tahs pack is able to front like the Bulls did so I think Jake will use the one out runners a lot more like he did in the first couple of rounds.

The other reason for this is to lessen the pressure on Zeilinga and give him time to kick in latter phases. It doesn't sound like much of a change but it is.

Playing both Alberts and Deysel in the pack costs in the lineout but it sure brings a lot of angry at the collission with Bismarck leading the charge. This is going to be a good old fashioned shitfight ladies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I just thought it's the reason they are not announcing the team

The starting team was announced on Tuesday. Reserves were announced overnight.

Folau was never going to play once they announced the starting team as they knew he was in Sydney until at least Thursday when he was having a follow up medical appointment.

He was given the all clear to fly yesterday so he'll absolutely be playing next weekend against the Stormers.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
As long as this new kid can kick the shit out of it, Jake won't be worried. Sharks will just rumble and kick all day.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know that posters here are saying that Crawford hasn't been playing all that good for the seconds, but I think putting Horne on the wing could be a mistake. Don't like players out of position. Think all the other changes to the team are good and expect the Tahs to have a close win. Just would have preferred to see Crawford or Alofa in 14.

They could've named Horne at 12 and Beale at 15. It's pretty obvious they're going to swap on attack and defence.

Anyway who cares about the backs, this is going to be an epic clash in the forwards. Hoping to see Jannie get demolished by the Cat again.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Sharks will be hard to beat/

Super 15 promotes TRIBALISM and not NATIONISM, at least until the grand final.

Therefore the Sharks will probably have quite a few extra supporters at least north of Coolangaata and in our nations' capital.

Now we have imperial honours back maybe we'll see a Sir Will Genia of the Snipe, Sir James Horwill of the Bash, Sir TPN of the Fro, Sir Stephen Moore of the Ruck and Maul

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sharks will be hard to beat/

Super 15 promotes TRIBALISM and not NATIONISM, at least until the grand final.

Therefore the Sharks will probably have quite a few extra supporters at least north of Coolangaata and in our nations' capital.

Meh. I'll be cheering for the Reds tomorrow night.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would like to see the Reds and Tahs win this weekend, but I'd love the Sharks and Stormers to soften them up for the next two weekends.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Its been a good night for the Waratahs. Crusaders get one point, Brumbies get none. Sharks and Chiefs got done last week. If we win on Sunday morning we will be well in front of the comp given the games played and what's left to play. The incentive to knock over the Sharks is absolutely huge.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Its been a good night for the Waratahs. Crusaders get one point, Brumbies get none. Sharks and Chiefs got done last week. If we win on Sunday morning we will be well in front of the comp given the games played and what's left to play. The incentive to knock over the Sharks is absolutely huge.
I hope so. Alas, I have drunk from this well before, and found the water unpotable.
It's a big hurdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.