• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sharks v Tahs, round 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If this becomes about who is the best coach,we lose.
Not because Jake is better,just that Cheika's best value add is concentrated on how to win.
If he sticks with that we we do best,we win anyway/anywhere.
If he starts to change the overall team philosophy we lose......
IMO

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That team is very strange for a host of reasons:
  • Douglas on the bench after winning the player's player award last week. Either he's carrying an injury and the Tahs have kept quiet about it or Cheika is trying to rotate the locks and reduce Kane's workload. Against the comp leaders the second option does not sound rational.

ESPN scrum is reporting that Douglas will start, with Skelton on the bench. BJ's line-up may contain an error. I hope so.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
ESPN scrum is reporting that Douglas will start, with Skelton on the bench. BJ's line-up may contain an error. I hope so.

Brumby Jack's lineup came straight from the press release on the Waratahs website.

That has now been changed to show Douglas in the lineup so I think we can take that as gospel now.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I don't have a problem with Lance coming in. I like the attitude it speaks to: we expect every player to be ready to come in and play where they are told. It says the team matters more than the stars.

I reckon we'll see a lot of Beale dropping back to 15, however.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I won't be surprised also to see Horne defending at 12 with Beale floating wider to work the kick returns.

It is the only reason I see Horne playing wing, if they wanted a big direct winger, they have Crawford who is proven good under the high ball and kicks the shit out of it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Got scared when Douglas wasn't listed to start. I also think Horne will be defending at 12 and Beale at fullback. Horne's done ok on the wing before, the last time I remember him playing on the wing was 2010 against the Bulls in South Africa off the bench, he set-up 2 tries from there with offloads back on the inside to Drew.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Got scared when Douglas wasn't listed to start. I also think Horne will be defending at 12 and Beale at fullback. Horne's done ok on the wing before, the last time I remember him playing on the wing was 2010 against the Bulls in South Africa off the bench, he set-up 2 tries from there with offloads back on the inside to Drew.

Don't think I'd want to play rugby trivial pursuit with you qwerty. I remember Turinui's shot at playing winger, but that was a disaster of titanic proportions. Remembering an off-the-bench performance in SA from two years ago - that's awesome.

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
Forget the tackling aspect Tafs, how about sorting out the line out throws. That's where my concerns lie and no doubt Coach White will aim to exploit that area.

" But the departure of hooker John Ulugia from the Waratahs over summer appears to have significantly increased one area of Polota-Nau’s game: responsibility.

With the promising but inexperienced rookie Tolu Latu (4 caps) on the bench as reserve hooker, and uncapped Hugh Roach behind him, the importance of Polota-Nau staying healthy has never been greater.

The 28-year-old said while he hasn’t changed his game, but he has concentrated on being smarter and more mature when steaming into contact.

“I still try to apply the same methodology but at the same time I am mindful that I do want to be consistent. There are times where I have focused on my technique rather than just flying in there wholeheartedly,” Polota-Nau said."

http://m.foxsports.com.au/rugby/sup...-and-sharks-meet/story-e6frf4t3-1226865664739

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Sharks lineout has been struggling since losing Pieter Steph du Toit as well.

It's absolutely true that our lineout hasn't been up to scratch this season. It needs to improve substantially and hopefully that starts over the next two weeks in South Africa.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wouldn't be too worried about the Shorks lineout at all. They've lost Bresler as well and playing Alberts at lock.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^^ Tahs to win by a small margin in a close match then Boet?

You have been quiet on G&GR lately @Paarl. Holidays?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tahs bench:

16. Tolu Latu
17. Jeremy Tilse
18. Paddy Ryan
19. Will Skelton
20. Pat McCutcheon
21. Brendan McKibbin
22. Matt Carraro
23. Alofa Alofa

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
No Crawford yet, his time will come.

I know that posters here are saying that Crawford hasn't been playing all that good for the seconds, but I think putting Horne on the wing could be a mistake. Don't like players out of position. Think all the other changes to the team are good and expect the Tahs to have a close win. Just would have preferred to see Crawford or Alofa in 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.