• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC Wallabies v USA - 23 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Wannabes team to play the USA should be Kepu, Faingu, Ma'afu, Sharpe, Vickerman, Higgonbottom, Pocock, Palu, Burgess, Barnes, Mitchell, Ashly-Cooper, O'Connor, Beale. Give Burgess a go at 1/5 or James O'Connor. Chance to rest some players. Its time to show wat the Wannabes can do! This is a perfect opportunity for Barnes/O'Connor to be the backline general and spur on the backline with some accuracy in attack. The forwards need to step up big time and dominate the lineouts, scrums and at the breakdown! The Wannabes need cool heads, leadership, make good decisions, play accurate and ruthlees. Give to them !!

Jumpers, you do realise you have selected only 14 players right...

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
If calling us the highly original "wannabies" didn't put him on the back foot suggesting Burgess has a go at 10 lost any credibility he had left.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Quade has been - not poor but average - this test season. Sure he was decent against the blacks, but he wasn't the one that won us the game. I think we are all agreed that some of his decision making has been below ordinary at times - his kick-returns, pushing passes and general game management.

I'd be keen to see O'Connor have a go at 10 against the USA.

Barnes is the obvious back up atm, but JOC (James O'Connor) seems much more effective when he comes of his wing closer to the action and he did well for the force. Sure he ain't a bad winger, but when Ioane comes back I would like to squeeze him and Mitchell into the team.

Also give Sharpie a go. He would have been much more useful coming of the bench against the Irish.

And don't get stuck in no man's land with your 7s. Either pick a world class scavenger or a world class 6 like the Saffers. Please don't pick McCalman, who I like, but really doesn't have the required ability for any position at test level.

W

Waylon

McCalman at 7 is a sad refelection of the squad

Phipps should fall on his sword and Hodgson or that bloke from QLD should be on a plane to the RWC

No point having a useless 3rd string halfback when we have no back up 7

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Confirmed.
http://www.google.com/gwt/x?source=reader&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffeedproxy.google.com%2F~r%2FTheAustralianSportsNews%2F~3%2FZqh72-YzCeE%2Fstory-e6frg7o6-1226142020948

Sent using Tapatalk

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
RWC Wallabies Vs The Yanks - 23 September

Feel free to discuss anything regarding the game here.

I'll start the ball rolling by picking the team I'd like to see start against the Americans.

1.Kepu
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Vickerman
5. Horwill
6. Elsom
7. Pocock
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Barnes
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15. KB (Kurtley Beale)

16. TPN
17. Slipper
18. Simmons
19. Samo
20. Higginbotham
21. Burgess
22. Horne

Now that rabbit has done a hammy I'd swap him with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and move McCabe to 13. Bench to stay the same, Horne to replace McCabe at 50

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I hope this doesn't mean Fainga'a gets another go at 13. Time to see Horne there, especially if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has to play on the wing now.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Three 13in the squad and the bloke you want to start is the one who has never played there.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.