• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF1 - Wales v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
As Hugh senior used to tell me when I was a little tacker (and I fondly tell Junior Jarses in time honoured fashion),

"If the horse hadn't stopped for a shit, it would have won the race. It did and it didn't".

"If only..." are some of the saddest words.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

Actually I was considering the Samoans today in the much of the same light as Country Kid.

I think that 8 teams from this World Cup, considering how even the competition is, could realistically have made the Final.

I include Samoa in that eight, not Argentina.

Of course, I'm referring to how they have played and not the impracticality of Wales, SAF and Samoa reaching the Final from the same pool.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Latest thoughts on potential Priestland replacement:

"Is there not some 20 year old with a skateboard we could give a shout to.

Worst comes to the worst I 'spect Neil Jenks has a pair of boots with him."

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

Nah, apparently all the skateboarders are catching whitebait.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Strange thing is that three weeks ago If you'd asked whether I'd be fretting over Priestland making the semi rather than wellies, I'd have thought you were nuts

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Priestland will be missed if he does'nt play, wellies I suspect will make the team with Hook on the bench, the Nwes out of the camp is that priestland will play, heres hoping.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
the evidence is clear. The madness of unbridled optimism has reached the highest echelons of WRU. Have written to BBC asking them to remove this link before the mocker gods see it and wreak their revenge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/15273839.stm

fortunately the site does contain some footage of us getting royally f@ckd by the frogs. So maybe this delusional crap from Gethin may pass unnoticed.

Then even Brynmor williams is getting in on the act

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/welsh/15235428.stm

Somewhere out there is a gnome and he is pissing himself laughing!

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Priestland Is out, We have a choice between Wellies or Hook, I would go for Wellies, Hook defends like a revolving door the french would have a field day with him.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Priestland Is out, We have a choice between Wellies or Hook, I would go for Wellies, Hook defends like a revolving door the french would have a field day with him.

Saw that on Gwlad. It's still not official though. Wellies definately. Hook throws too many intercept passes

Hey Dai, if yew see tim cymru first, d'yew mind posting it?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Thassright. Stephen Jones = 'Wellies' or 'count'

Actually not totally convinced that this whole story is not bollocks and an attempt to change frogs' gameplans a la Rory Best. Just checked over on RWC site and there's another news story about Hook being ready to replace Priestland - if he is not fit.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So where do Welsh people hang out in Sydney?

Are there any particular pubs that are likely to be pumping with Welsh fans on Saturday night?

Also, would wearing a Tongan jersey on Saturday night be a show of support, or would I just look like a tool?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Where's Moffo?

Was wondering briefly last night where is Australia's own Dai Moffet and why during RWC we haven't seen his face in the press claiming that Wales' success was all down to him.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Most likely waiting to see how far the boys go. If they win the whole thing it was all down to him but if they don't it will because he left.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Right. According to sauces on gwl@d, announcement of tim Cymru is due at 1pm. Got all bases covered I hope. This site, gwlad, bbc NZ Herald and RWC. Shit, I am nervous. Not expecting any changes much, but would be much calmer if RP is confirmed as playing. Word on street is Hook is in.

This on BBC, states 1hr to go (2pm ESST)

http://yfrog.com/h82glfcj

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tim Cymru- Hook in, Wellies on bench

Wales team: Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues); George North (Scarlets), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Cardiff Blues), Shane Williams (Ospreys); James Hook (Perpignan), Mike Phillips (Bayonne); Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Huw Bennett (Ospreys), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Luke Charteris (Dragons), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Dragons) Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues, capt), Toby Faletau (Dragons).

Replacements: Lloyd Burns (Dragons), Paul James (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Cardiff Blues), Ryan Jones (Ospreys), Lloyd Williams (Cardiff Blues), Stephen Jones (Scarlets), Scott Williams (Scarlets).

's a relief to know. Gutted for Priestland tho. Press conference will presumably include prognosis

Optimism Gnome has gone off for lunch and a nice cuppa tea

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
what was the injury and how long is he out? I'd heard nothing of him pre-RWC and have been very impressed.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
what was the injury and how long is he out? I'd heard nothing of him pre-RWC and have been very impressed.

Soft tissue, shoulder. There's a press conference at 2pm when 'spose we are going to get the detail. Hook is a great outside half and #1 before the RWC started. just worry about some of his ability to throw intercepts.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
So where do Welsh people hang out in Sydney?

Are there any particular pubs that are likely to be pumping with Welsh fans on Saturday night?

Also, would wearing a Tongan jersey on Saturday night be a show of support, or would I just look like a tool?

Tongan jersy; might not look like the sharpest tool in the shed
the other human beings might think you have it all mixed up as to who is playing

Wear RED, it does the trick.

I have my Welsh RWC 2003 Jersy hanging up ready to go for Sat.
I have been hope'n for Welsh Wallabies final and a big fan of 1970s Welsh rugby.... oh and a Welsh Rugby crowd singing Land of My Fathers, well it is enough to bring tears to your eyes.
[video=youtube;3kUnCwV3AYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUnCwV3AYE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.