• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF1 - Wales v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
So where do Welsh people hang out in Sydney?

Are there any particular pubs that are likely to be pumping with Welsh fans on Saturday night?

Also, would wearing a Tongan jersey on Saturday night be a show of support, or would I just look like a tool?

Up til now I've avoided my compatriots for the games in case it all went wrong. Just gone to the local. Am looking for venue too as I reckon we can do it. Get yourself a flag from Paddy's Market instead of Tongan shirt

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tongan jersy; might not look like the sharpest tool in the shed
the other human beings might think you have it all mixed up as to who is playing

Wear RED, it does the trick.

I have my Welsh RWC 2003 Jersy hanging up ready to go for Sat.
I have been hope'n for Welsh Wallabies final and a big fan of 1970s Welsh rugby.... oh and a Welsh Rugby crowd singing Land of My Fathers, well it is enough to bring tears to your eyes.

Where are you going to watch?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tongan jersy; might not look like the sharpest tool in the shed
the other human beings might think you have it all mixed up as to who is playing

Wear RED, it does the trick.

That was the point of the Tongan jersey. It's a plain red football jumper.

I have to say, I don't own much red clothing apart from that.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
That was the point of the Tongan jersey. It's a plain red football jumper.

I have to say, I don't own much red clothing apart from that.

Time to get some! Definately the colour to be seen wearing at this RWC! Saw last night that tomorrow is wear the team shirt day in Wales. Mine are all in the wash. was thinking of getting the new one but it'll be horrendous price, until we lose.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Butterflies starting again. Yur we go then for another two days of gut wrenching angst. This is going to be tougher than Ireland

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Butterflies starting again. Yur we go then for another two days of gut wrenching angst. This is going to be tougher than Ireland

It is gunna be fantastic.
Every one I talk to is just talking up the Welsh game.
I think France played their only game last week where as Wales is just on a roll.
Ran in to someone from Wales that I know a couple of days ago.
Honestly, I don't think I have ever seen a person more intoxicated with the joy of rugby in all my days.
But we both said with excitement that we would be mortal enemies come the final.
But who could dislike a welsh rugby fan, I have not met a nasty one yet.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Currently am 101010% behind Hooky . I'm planning on throwing out all the smelly cheese vin blanc and mouldy cornichons from my fridge and turning it into a Polish-style recovery zone tomorrow - should boost my % support exponentionally by saturday morning

More weird shit from the french camp. Apparently at least 5 players are either not doing contact work or under review and Lievremont is sitting out the sessions. Makes you wonder who is picking the side and running the bench?

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Currently am 101010% behind Hooky . I'm planning on throwing out all the smelly cheese vin blanc and mouldy cornichons from my fridge and turning it into a Polish-style recovery zone tomorrow - should boost my % support exponentionally by saturday morning

More weird shit from the french camp. Apparently at least 5 players are either not doing contact work or under review and Lievremont is sitting out the sessions. Makes you wonder who is picking the side and running the bench?

If this is true, then this is good news for Wales.
I will be watching this game with mostly Tongans and Kiwis so we should all be singing Land of Our Fathers in one very odd multicultural voice.
Being favourites is great.
The Kiwis mostly hate the French so Wales should have the crowd with them.

Did you see this story
http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/newsid=2058836.html

I hope my son does the same for me one day.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
If this is true, then this is good news for Wales.
I will be watching this game with mostly Tongans and Kiwis so we should all be singing Land of Our Fathers in one very odd multicultural voice.
Being favourites is great.
The Kiwis mostly hate the French so Wales should have the crowd with them.

Did you see this story
http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/newsid=2058836.html

I hope my son does the same for me one day.

I'm hoping the Kiwis they (and aussies who bought tickets in advance of RWC) will turn up in red. And if any of them are reading this page,- when you re at the game don't sit there is in Homebush-like silence. Go f@cking ape shit and scream yewr heads off!

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
I'm hoping the Kiwis they (and aussies who bought tickets in advance of RWC) will turn up in red. And if any of them are reading this page,- when you re at the game don't sit there is in Homebush-like silence. Go f@cking ape shit and scream yewr heads off!

...and with a Welsh v Wallabies final I am guessing that the home crowd will be wearing red, not gold
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.