• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF1 - Wales v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
You think Saffy is a test player? or are you saying s 15?

I think he will be a test 6. His defense was one of the best in Super Rugby this year and dominant to boot which is a factor too often missing in the Wallabies, all in his first debtor senior year of Rugby. If he develops his running game he could easily be Test quality.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I think he will be a test 6. His defense was one of the best in Super Rugby this year and dominant to boot which is a factor too often missing in the Wallabies, all in his first debtor senior year of Rugby. If he develops his running game he could easily be Test quality.

I think he'll end up as more of the Hodgson type "cover 6-8" style player.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Interested to see how his second year goes.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
F***** unchanged

15 Maxime Medard;
14 Vincent Clerc,
13 Aurelien Rougerie,
12 Maxime Mermoz,
11 Alexis Palisson;
10 Morgan Parra,
9 Dimitri Yachvili;
1 Jean-Baptiste Poux,
2 William Servat,
3 Nicolas Mas,
4 Pascal Pape,
5 Lionel Nallet,
6 Thierry Dusautoir (capt),
7 Julien Bonnaire,
8 Imanol Harinordoquy.

Replacements (from): Dimitri Szarzewski, Fabien Barcella, Julien Pierre, Louis Picamoles, Francois Trinh-Duc, David Marty, Cedric Heymans, Fulgence Ouedraogo, Jean-Marc Doussain.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Why are you surprised that experts pick the Leek Eaters to progress to the final?

It has been pretty obvious from the Saffa game that your mob were a form team that could go all the way.

Your mob was robbed there. The luck that we had vs the Saffas was the luck you did not have vs the Saffas.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
An australia Wales final would be awesome

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/welsh/15235434.stm

However, this legend and would be rugby pundit has so far predicted that Australia would beat Ireland, Orcs would beat france and Ireland would beat Wales. Don't care about his Australian prediction but Please! anyone! get him to change his mind about us!!

Given Horan's greatness it is the duty of a team picked by him to live up to his prediction - it is no reflection on him if they dont.

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
Why are you surprised that experts pick the Leek Eaters to progress to the final?

It has been pretty obvious from the Saffa game that your mob were a form team that could go all the way.

Your mob was robbed there. The luck that we had vs the Saffas was the luck you did not have vs the Saffas.

Wales have been great and were involved in one of the best games of the tournament: Wales V Samoa

First 20 minutes of that game it was all Wales yet Samoa absorbed the attack and responded with a 1st half try.

Wales 2nd half try was fantastic from 60 odd metres from the line - the defining point of the game when the three Samoan defenders missed their man 60 metres from their line yet it cost them dearly.

Had those Samoan defenders got their man, then we might be talking about Samoa V AB or Wallabies final.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Have searched for any evidence that Roberts the Jaw is injured. The only thing I have found is this:

Hlafpenny_Roberts.jpg

I am taking this as evidence that whatever the state of his nose, he is unlikely to miss the semi. More worried about Priestland news.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Have searched for any evidence that Roberts the Jaw is injured. The only thing I have found is this:
I am taking this as evidence that whatever the state of his nose, he is unlikely to miss the semi. More worried about Priestland news.

My question of injury status was based on these:

Jamie Roberts apparently in doubt with a broken nose...

Charteris as well, huge blows if they're out.

What has the gnome done to Priestland that worries you?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Saw those threads from qwerty and slim. Think that was because both clateris and jaw went off early vs Ireland

re Priestland, S'not clear from the Guardian. Has the gwalders in apoplexy (unsurprisingly). Latest thinking however is:

"I suspect Priestland will be as unfit on the weekend as Rory Best was last weekend.

However, if I'm wrong, I would want Wellies to start and control a tight game, then have Hook come on after about 60 minutes when the game starts to open up. If needed."

to be honest I think there might be something in this. seems a bit sus when Hook is on BBC site saying what it would be to replace Priestland before anyone knew he was injured. There is a new science called gatlandology being taught is Old South Wales these days.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

Gatlandology... The World was created in 1987 (suitable to both Welsh and New Zealand devotees), all other carbon records are false and no one can prove that Adam didn't originate from the Waikato.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
In the olden days, a reasonable sized international prop forward was 16 stone and 5'10 (100kg and 1.78m), and cheating runt half backs were about 8 stone and 5' (50kg and 1.53m). IIRC "undercover prop" Dan Crowley was only about 98kg.

How does it work that the 2011 version of the Taffys has a #9 who is 101kg and 1.91m?

Would live to see Phillips take on Russian Alexander Yanyushkin @ 1.65m and 75kg.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

Halfback is one of the positions on the rugby field where size is irrelevant to playing ability.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wales have been great and were involved in one of the best games of the tournament: Wales V Samoa

First 20 minutes of that game it was all Wales yet Samoa absorbed the attack and responded with a 1st half try.

Wales 2nd half try was fantastic from 60 odd metres from the line - the defining point of the game when the three Samoan defenders missed their man 60 metres from their line yet it cost them dearly.

Had those Samoan defenders got their man, then we might be talking about Samoa V AB or Wallabies final.

Am missing yewr point but let's try.... If Ickle hadn't scored our try, then the Samoans would have qualified, beaten Ireland and then France and then played you in the final?? Hmmm let me hold that thought and then apply it to every other game in the world cup.

Do you know if Namibia and Tonga had won all their games.........

Status
Not open for further replies.