• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF1 - Wales v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
i don't know how to call this. wales have had an amazing cup but it's still essentially the same players who've struggled in the 6 nations and the supposedly average plodders of england

Ahhh! but the form of the 6N was a roos, We lulled you all into thinking we are dinky do, In fact our game plan has changed completely, Instead of playing for 60min we now play for the 80, Sam Warburton our captain and open side is geting rave reviews, The Irish BR were going to smash us, well thats history now, we will not choke no matter who we meet,
I will say don't right France off, NZ have done it in two WC :eek:

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Absolutely Urallidiots! Yewer insights are spot on. Clearly you watch us reglarly and are not speaking tired hackneyed cliches.

Oh Hell! Just noticed yewer an orc! Oh in that case forgive me. I bow to yewer natural authority and superiority. Yewer team were not a shameful rabble of disorganised shites and Lord Bald was and remains the greatest rugby coach on the planet.

When are you lot finally going home?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
You won't be playing the Darkness

get used to skippy music from the bitter and twisted kiwis

To be frank waylon which ever we play won't matter. The whole nation is already in state of delerium with our return to the top. Which ever Australasian team plays us, it'll be a helluva game

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Some Kaerdiff blues players are doing quite well, But I think the stand out player is Charterise who seen that coming 16 tackles in the first half:eek: and lydiate helps Warburton play his game, Faletau 20 years of age, who would have said 12 months ago there would be 3 dragons in the Welsh pack Not I, Lets hope they can keep it going

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I hope Wales do win, so Pocock can crush the "Warburton" rumours.

What are the rumours about our breadman?

adam.jpg

This man is the most underrated player in World rugby and by all acounts a great guy. He absolutely sh@t all over the much vaunted Cian Healy last weekend. If you watch the match again (and I have several times) time and again he is everywhere

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I was just light-heartedly balancing the Welsh enthusiasm. I think both players are excellent... But just that Pocock is a little more excellent and I'd love to see that tested in a game.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

View attachment 1781

This man is the most underrated player in World rugby and by all acounts a great guy. He absolutely sh@t all over the much vaunted Cian Healy last weekend. If you watch the match again (and I have several times) time and again he is everywhere

Best test I ever saw him play. Always thought he was a passenger around the park but he seems to heave learnt an important new skill: how to run :)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The next four years are going to be awesome to watch with Pocock, O' Brien, Warburton, Brussow etc going at each other. Game within a game.

Love it.

We're talking about forwards. Ace.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
The next four years are going to be awesome to watch with Pocock, O' Brien, Warburton, Brussow etc going at each other. Game within a game.

Love it.

The teams that are left have forwards that are unbelievable. You are right the mobility of forwards these days moves international rugby to another plane. Two things though - not sure what a post-matfield SA will be like. secondly I get serously worried when props start throwing dummies and sidestepping. It's a short step from there to trying to kick field goals and oblivion, like Matt Dunning

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I was just light-heartedly balancing the Welsh enthusiasm. I think both players are excellent... But just that Pocock is a little more excellent and I'd love to see that tested in a game.

Impossible. The whole welsh nation has embraced the teachings of the gnome

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

View attachment 1781

Had him in my fantasy team (along with about 6 other Welsh players) so was watching closely he was fantastic.

I was looking to back Wales in a bet but I am very undecided, the French with their on & off performances has me not knowing what the hell they are going to do. I looked at the Rugby data website & the last time these teams met it was at stade, 28-9 to France, I found the team line-ups & there were a couple of changes in personnel but it was similar to the quarters line-ups in most parts. My brain is going to explode trying to work out who to put the punt on, still favouring Wales. Hoping for a cracking close encounter regardless.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Had him in my fantasy team (along with about 6 other Welsh players) so was watching closely he was fantastic.

I was looking to back Wales in a bet but I am very undecided, the French with their on & off performances has me not knowing what the hell they are going to do. I looked at the Rugby data website & the last time these teams met it was at stade, 28-9 to France, I found the team line-ups & there were a couple of changes in personnel but it was similar to the quarters line-ups in most parts. My brain is going to explode trying to work out who to put the punt on, still favouring Wales. Hoping for a cracking close encounter regardless.

One thing this welsh side have managed to show is the rugby history is bollocks. Does it mattter that we were totally mediocre in last 6N or 'haven't beaten team xxxxxx in 3 RWC whilst standing on one leg in a hailstorm'. If they work harder than any other team, go to a Polish boot camp, keep off the grog and accept the gnome, anything is possible.

Your team is young enough not to get ground down by this history shit too. They should try it. No victory since 198x in Eden Park- who gives a flying f@ck!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
One thing this welsh side have managed to show is the rugby history is bollocks. Does it mattter that we were totally mediocre in last 6N or 'haven't beaten team xxxxxx in 3 RWC whilst standing on one leg in a hailstorm'. If they work harder than any other team, go to a Polish boot camp, keep off the grog and accept the gnome, anything is possible.

Your team is young enough not to get ground down by this history shit too. They should try it. No victory since 198x in Eden Park- who gives a flying f@ck!

I like the way you think! Still going to be doing my head in picking between Wales & France though, cant wait for this weekend already!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

Love it.

Add Dusatoir, hopefully Juan Smith, Alberts and I hope from Oz Vaea and Saffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.