• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF1 - Wales v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I keep seeing Lievremont's moustache taunting me; Yashvilli being annoying; and Hairydonkey rampaging; and hearing the commentator say things like 'it seems the French have brought their A game today'...

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anybody heard this stuff about Yachvili not playing? Or was it just something the gnome said after his night out in Paris with Carla Bruni?

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

Anybody heard this stuff about Yachvili not playing? Or was it just something the gnome said after his night out in Paris with Carla Bruni?

The optimism gnome said Carla was busy with Gavin. Hence Dragon harmony and French not harmony = normality.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Yach is playing. Priestland as you would know by now is out, Hes been a revalation got in to the side as a 10 because Wellies was injured in the warm up with SA, Took his chance very well, moves the back line and keeps oposition Backrows honest,

Hook is a different proposition, tends to pass flat not giving his strike runners time to adjust if needs be, Because of this is pron to the intercept, Cant really complain this time 2 months ago no one would have given Priestland a second thought overnight he has become our Dan Carter. Funny old game:cool:

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
The betting now is evens, I havent seen a Wales side play this well consistently for years (well even longer than that) so the feeling here is a welsh win no matter which french side turns up.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Just learned France have sent for another 9/10 if Yach is injured Para would go to 9, better 9 imo, don't know who the other player is tho.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Yach is playing. Priestland as you would know by now is out, Hes been a revalation got in to the side as a 10 because Wellies was injured in the warm up with SA, Took his chance very well, moves the back line and keeps oposition Backrows honest,

Hook is a different proposition, tends to pass flat not giving his strike runners time to adjust if needs be, Because of this is pron to the intercept, Cant really complain this time 2 months ago no one would have given Priestland a second thought overnight he has become our Dan Carter. Funny old game:cool:

Good post. Yep Priestland has been a revelation hasn't he? Haven't really noticed him a lot until last season with the Scarlets when he took my eye, though it was mainly when he was playing 15, and not so much at 10. Everybody was talking a year or two before the RWC as to whether Hook would get the 10 shirt or S.Jones - and it turned out to be neither, but Priestland, and under the circumstances you mentioned at the trial.

Hook will do OK at 10. He has had one big negative in his career: he has been cursed by versatility and able to be shovelled to 10, 12, 13 or 15 if there were injuries. Still, give credit to Gatland for making the right call on Priestland for the earlier games.

I thought that Gatland took a big gamble in taking 1. Jenkins to the RWC when he hadn't played for so long but the gamble has paid off. I think they have the best front row in the RWC at the minute. There aren't too many better props in NZ than 1. Jenkins or 3. Adam Jones and 2. Bennett has been another revelation - at least to me. I thought that Wales would lose a lot with skipper and hooker Rees sitting at home, but it hasn't been the case.

And hasn't 12. Roberts picked a good time to come good after being shite, generally speaking, since the Lions tour?

Good luck to your lads. They are playing the best rugby of any team in the RWC as of the time of writing and should account for the French unless they have one of their irrepressible mad days. Be warned that I'm a poor tipster though.

I think wee Morgan Parra at 10 will be seeing a few red shirts worn by large Welshmen running at him and Jamie and young George will be hard to stop from the long run. In the forwards 3. Mas wont have the same leeway opposing 1. Jenkins as he had against Pom Stevens and I think the lightweight French scrum will have trouble against the enormous Wales pack. The battle of the backrowers will be key and if they concentrate too much on 7. Warburton they may find out that it's 1. Jenkins fishing the ball out instead.

Can't wait to see the game.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just learned France have sent for another 9/10 if Yach is injured Para would go to 9, better 9 imo, don't know who the other player is tho.

They've brought a guy called Doussain onto the bench to cover for Yachvili. Shows the state of the team as they have a perfectly good scrum half playing 10 in Parra. However using him as a replacement would mean bringing trinh duc in at 10 and everyone in the team seems to think he's a c@nt and won't play with him. Actually against the orcs, when trinh duc came on they played better.

Word from my french mate who has been following this shit is that Yachvili is actually running the side now. this sets up a fecking weird situation where he is in power as long as he stays on the pitch!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good post. Yep Priestland has been a revelation hasn't he? Haven't really noticed him a lot until last season with the Scarlets when he took my eye, though it was mainly when he was playing 15, and not so much at 10. Everybody was talking a year or two before the RWC as to whether Hook would get the 10 shirt or S.Jones - and it turned out to be neither, but Priestland, and under the circumstances you mentioned at the trial.

Hook will do OK at 10. He has had one big negative in his career: he has been cursed by versatility and able to be shovelled to 10, 12, 13 or 15 if there were injuries. Still, give credit to Gatland for making the right call on Priestland for the earlier games.

I thought that Gatland took a big gamble in taking 1. Jenkins to the RWC when he hadn't played for so long but the gamble has paid off. I think they have the best front row in the RWC at the minute. There aren't too many better props in NZ than 1. Jenkins or 3. Adam Jones and 2. Bennett has been another revelation - at least to me. I thought that Wales would lose a lot with skipper and hooker Rees sitting at home, but it hasn't been the case.

And hasn't 12. Roberts picked a good time to come good after being shite, generally speaking, since the Lions tour?

Good luck to your lads. They are playing the best rugby of any team in the RWC as of the time of writing and should account for the French unless they have one of their irrepressible mad days. Be warned that I'm a poor tipster though.

I think wee Morgan Parra at 10 will be seeing a few red shirts worn by large Welshmen running at him and Jamie and young George will be hard to stop from the long run. In the forwards 3. Mas wont have the same leeway opposing 1. Jenkins as he had against Pom Stevens and I think the lightweight French scrum will have trouble against the enormous Wales pack. The battle of the backrowers will be key and if they concentrate too much on 7. Warburton they may find out that it's 1. Jenkins fishing the ball out instead.

Can't wait to see the game.

think everyone now admires what cement head has managed to do with this side. He's a stubborn old brute but grudgingly everyone recognises that he is probably the best coach around. Success whichever team he is with. His offsider Shaun edwards has been the key. If he is leaving the welsh setup, Engl*nd should take him a next coach. Only Neil Francis has written some really chippy stuff about wales and gatland this week, including that he is not the sharpest knife in the block.

Actually think Hook is a great number 10 and you are right versatility is his main problem. Tends to run cross field to pass flat to centres. actually think that might work well for North coming into the line but you are right Jaw needs to be able to adjust his runs slightly in order to hit the gainline. He'll be fine and though I wanted wellies in initially I think his half breaks are not what we want at least in the begining and now he's on the bench we can bring him on later.

faletau vs Hairydonkey is going to be interesting. He was their best player vs. orcs. L'idiot is going to be busy taking him low off their put in.

Nothing indicates either scrum will dominate, but I loves the work to date of our front row.

rambo at 9 will dominate. as always am slightly worried about ickle's wing under the bomb, but hell, he's proved me wrong so many times that I really should stop.

Whole nation's behind them.
Coverage in the news has been awesome.
The dragon flies over No.10

Let's fucking do this!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just saw a clip that Ickle's announced he'll retire next weekend (hopefully Sunday). Shame, I think he should say goodbye in australia game in Dec at home in Cardiff.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
think everyone now admires what cement head has managed to do with this side. He's a stubborn old brute but grudgingly everyone recognises that he is probably the best coach around. Success whichever team he is with. His offsider Shaun edwards has been the key. If he is leaving the welsh setup, Engl*nd should take him a next coach. Only Neil Francis has written some really chippy stuff about wales and gatland this week, including that he is not the sharpest knife in the block.

Actually think Hook is a great number 10 and you are right versatility is his main problem. Tends to run cross field to pass flat to centres. actually think that might work well for North coming into the line but you are right Jaw needs to be able to adjust his runs slightly in order to hit the gainline. He'll be fine and though I wanted wellies in initially I think his half breaks are not what we want at least in the begining and now he's on the bench we can bring him on later.

faletau vs Hairydonkey is going to be interesting. He was their best player vs. orcs. L'idiot is going to be busy taking him low off their put in.

Nothing indicates either scrum will dominate, but I loves the work to date of our front row.

rambo at 9 will dominate. as always am slightly worried about ickle's wing under the bomb, but hell, he's proved me wrong so many times that I really should stop.

Whole nation's behind them.
Coverage in the news has been awesome.
The dragon flies over No.10

Let's fucking do this!

Good luck, I am really annoyed I am missing this game as I am travelling up to Anfield for Liverpool vs Man U. I am stoked to be going to that but haven't actually thought about it at all as I have been too preoccupied with the rugby! I wonder if I can avoid the score and watch when I get home?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good luck, I am really annoyed I am missing this game as I am travelling up to Anfield for Liverpool vs Man U. I am stoked to be going to that but haven't actually thought about it at all as I have been too preoccupied with the rugby! I wonder if I can avoid the score and watch when I get home?

Might be possible. Doubt the scousers will care. fill up with petrol before kickoff and in Liverpool and straight back down the border avoiding wales where smiles on faces will be a dead give away

Just got a message from my mate to say that Lievremont has gone fishing for the day (for real). this french setup is too weird

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
How is all the pre match tension going there Welsh fans?

This game has recieved as much if not MORE attention than the coming ABs v Wallabies
look, even the HOFF is supporting Wales

Attachments

• the hoff goes for wales.jpg
    the hoff goes for wales.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 200

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
How is all the pre match tension going there Welsh fans?

This game has recieved as much if not MORE attention than the coming ABs v Wallabies
look, even the HOFF is supporting Wales

Am trying to find something to do to occupy the morning. tried sleeping, but then start dreaming. Cycle ride seems the best way to occupy time.

Now we're totally F@cked! amidst Zavos' latest random rantings, he is tipping Wales.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Am trying to find something to do to occupy the morning. tried sleeping, but then start dreaming. Cycle ride seems the best way to occupy time.

Now we're totally F@cked! amidst Zavos' latest random rantings, he is tipping Wales.

The entire fox sports team has tipped Wales also.

Well I am off to cheer on Wales with non Welshmen those being Tongans and Kiwis which is going to be quite weird, but we all know our Rugby, thats all that matters when you hope for company for high pressure Rugby. And it don't get any better than this.
Good luck to you Wales
The Wallabies have you lined up for next week, so keep it classy and win this thing.

Enjoy!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The French are like one of Fotis Skyrockets. Beautiful to watch when doing what it was designed to do, explode with brilliant effect, once only. Once exploded, pieces of worthless cardboard falls to ground somewhere to be picked up and put in the rubbish. We say that explosion last week.

The Taffy's must be red hot favourites to win this by a country mile. There should be no need whatsoever for nervousness in the Welsh Camp.

More or less injury free, The worst that can happen to the Boyo's is for a dose of food poisoning from brekkie this morning. We all know that that won't happen because Suzie the Waitress is currently working at the Darkness's Hotel.

Wales by 35 points without breaking into a sweat. They'll be singing in the valleys tonight.

The capacity crowd in the Arms Park will be in full voice by oranges. Priceless.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Good post. Yep Priestland has been a revelation hasn't he? Haven't really noticed him a lot until last season with the Scarlets when he took my eye, though it was mainly when he was playing 15, and not so much at 10.

Was tearing it up at 15 earlier in the season. I remember watching him play a few years ago for the Scarlets, you could see the skills but he was such a nervous player I didnt think he would make it as a 10.

Hook will do OK at 10. He has had one big negative in his career: he has been cursed by versatility and able to be shovelled to 10, 12, 13 or 15 if there were injuries. And hasn't 12. Roberts picked a good time to come good after being shite, generally speaking, since the Lions tour?

Hook breaks the line a lot at 10 but he is quite selfish and doesn't manage the game all that well. His natural position is probably 12. Roberts has managed to get into some form that has been lacking since he came back from RSA. Love this guys commitment but sometimes they get caught up in his carrying ability and forget to use him as a decoy.

I look forward to watching the French reserve half back come one. He captained the U20's from 10 and played for Toulouse a bit last year. Good talent and built like a mini version of Byron Kelleher. One for the future as Lee would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.