• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 QF1: Ireland v Wales (W Pool C v RU Pool D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Not noticed how every time a penalty went against them, captain goes forward and second player stands about 5m back, then walks back with the ref chopsing all the way.
There is quite a simple explanation for that CB, BOD is Ireland's captain and he is a back. Most Pens are given against forwards so it makes sense for the ref to be talking to the pack leader POC. Seeing stuff that really isn't there CB but no point falling out over something so minor. Looking forward to seeing how our young fella Murray goes against Phillips, don't think they have ever played each other because MP (Moana Pasifika) was persona non grata towards end of last season at the hairsprays (that is from memory mind you so could well be wrong). Murray is very inexperienced, one of the lads on Munsterfans reckons he has only started 11 first class games but he is an absolute rolls royce of a player for me, has loads of time and a very big fan of Mr Duffy as well. Do you really not rate Hook at FB? Where would you have him play? Or do you think he is in for his kicking? Shame the teams are meeting in the QF but may the best team win. Whoever does will make the final IMHO and will give NZ a game.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I really do like Hook but reckon he's off form. Same with Lee Byrne. If it were just a question of a running back then Shove is the man for FB, but still not confident of Priestland's kicking under pressure- like in SA game. think this game might be decided in multiples of three

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Ease up mate, I was simply implying the England is usually seen as the no.1 side from the UK by most from the SH, probably due to their WC record. But this World Cup has shown that Wales and Ireland are both probably beater sides. Guess we'll see by which one of the three make the final (assuming Le Bleus continue to implode).
Sorry get frustrated with the perception of england as the top NH team when I would place them fourth since 2003, the 2007 fluke not withstanding. Think French will beat England, comment from Harinordiquy that they could deal with losing in 2003 because England were the better team but 2007 really hurt shows you what this means. Lievremont is a twat, the PDV of the northern hemisphere, but aside from the Parra aberration at 10, the team the frogs have picked is a good one and any side with Hari in it( for me the best no 8 in the world) is not to be underestimated. Mas, Servat and Poux could have a field day with a weak English FR by their standards and as you boys know to your cost the English FR has been at the heart of their best performances over the last 8 years. Plus England are in nearly as much disarray as the french; difference is the English players are frightened of MJ.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I really do like Hook but reckon he's off form. Same with Lee Byrne. If it were just a question of a running back then Shove is the man for FB, but still not confident of Priestland's kicking under pressure- like in SA game. think this game might be decided in multiples of three
Think you could well be right and I don't think it will be many multiples of three either. What is the problem with Byrne? Looked the best in the world in 08?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I agree. Mate of mine (french) rang from Auckland to say he was coming home since he had stopped believing and didn't want to be around Orc fans when they lose. Said he bumped into Lievremont last night and apparently he has stopped wingeing in public. Didn't help his cause telling him he was about to be replaced regardless of results

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
dunno what's wrong but you saw the Fiji game. His timing just seems all wrong
Bit like Luke Fitz for us; I put his terrible form down to trying too hard, could that be the case with Byrne? That said Bowe and Earls were not playing great but a couple of tries make such a difference to a Back three player.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bit like Luke Fitz for us; I put his terrible form down to trying too hard, could that be the case with Byrne? That said Bowe and Earls were not playing great but a couple of tries make such a difference to a Back three player.

S'weird -Just don't think he fits the system Cement Head is playing. Looks even worse now North is being brought into the line. watched fiji again today and he didn't do anything wrong- he just wasn't around in any of the moves when we lit up

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Few years back I used to rate Byrne as the best full back in the world, but now he can't seem to break into the starting 15. What happened, injury, loss of form, or just better players like North and Halfpenny coming along?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Few years back I used to rate Byrne as the best full back in the world, but now he can't seem to break into the starting 15. What happened, injury, loss of form, or just better players like North and Halfpenny coming along?

Gatland has had an amazing churn rate on backs. No one even mentions Gavin (agent orange) Henson any more (and, perhaps his absence is also helping the good behaviour tag)

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Chips? I see no chips

caroline-street-001.jpg

Knows it.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
CB, mun; ewe'll probably have to ease up on the Gwladisms. There'd be a lot of people by to yur who wouldn't know who Shove, Cement Head, Pikey or even the Orcs would be. Dim blame, mind, it's just we'm not speaking Wenglish in RC yur.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Gwlad... Well, Gwlad's... Different. And shit, natch.

You'd need to register to take a look. A word of advice; for the love of Gareth Edwards, don't go into the Banjo Lounge unprotected. Just don't. You'll thank me later, believe me.

S

sicko'drico

In the battle of the Vegetable Lovers, the Spud Bashers take on the Leek Eaters in the first of the knock-out stage games.

Both teams are pretty much at full strength, and have made it so far with a couple of tough games behind them.

The Welsh seem to have momentum in their favour, specially when you consider they have survived the pool of death, and there are many who would claim they deserved the Pool Winner position.

Very little pretentiousness from both these outfits, but plenty of old school grunt and grind, with back rows that almost nullify each other.

Welsh may have a bit too much firepower out wide and look the most likely to advance IMHO.
i disagree with your comment on wales having more momentum going into these 1/4 finals. they had a powerful(but losing)performance with south africa & they hardly put samoa to the sword in that victory so really they beat a terrible namibia & fiji the worst iv seen them in years!! they have confidence for sure & have unearthed a few jem's in there ranks & will pose a serious threat but actually it is ireland who has the momentum imo(& not being biased) we have kicked into gear into gear @ the right time after our cut & thrust games vs aus & ita so really it has also brought in nearly everyone to form with added momentum....we have the edge!!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah, who do the nicknames refer to? I looked up 'Gwlad' and found this, which I imagine is what you're talking about. What a phenomenal site, that front page is hilarious.

http://gwladrugby.com/

Forgotten some and they keep changing but for instance a team for saturday might be:

15 Halfpenny = Shove
14 North = currently Duw
13 Davies = foxy
12 Roberts = jaw
11 Shane = shane
10 Priestland = vatican
9 Philips = rambo or pykey
8 Faletau = HLF
7 Warburton = Breadman
6 Lydiate = L'idiot
5 AWJ
4 Charteris = Clarteris
3 Jenkins = Melon
2 Bennett
1 A Jones

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Forgotten some and they keep changing but for instance a team for saturday might be:

15 Halfpenny = Shove
14 North = currently Duw
13 Davies = foxy
12 Roberts = jaw
11 Shane = shane
10 Priestland = vatican
9 Philips = rambo or pykey
8 Faletau = HLF
7 Warburton = Breadman
6 Lydiate = L'idiot
5 AWJ
4 Charteris = Clarteris
3 Jenkins = Melon
2 Bennett
1 A Jones

Isn't Shane Williams 'Ikul'?

What's with you people from the hills and your nickname for everyone business?

I knew a Welsh bloke once who had a nickname for his car, his bike and had a nickname for everyone including his girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.