• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 QF1: Ireland v Wales (W Pool C v RU Pool D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Mate your spot on. All this 'easier' side of the draw is bullshit. Wales/England/France would have all given us a hell of a hard time up front and spoiled/slowed down the game to the point of frustration for Australia. Our forwards would have been out muscled, beaten up and bullied... and then if we somehow managed to get through to the final we would then have NZ or SA to contend with.

We are better off with the Tri Nations teams. We know their game, they tend to allow us to play our game more so than the NH teams and on the basis of 2011's form are atleast able to achieve parity in the forwards against SA and NZ (helped by injuries to their best available teams obviously).

We need to show more respect to NH teams. Not for 'how they play' the game but for how they stop us, disrupt, deny or even simply affect our ability to play our game.
As I said before the tournament, SH rugby is not that far ahead of NH rugby. Your product suits your taste, fast attacking etc but our taste is for the more prosaic. I hope that there is no tinkering with ELVs and such like after this tournament as I think the laws at the moment are just about spot on for both hemispheres tastes.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The only thing I want to see are the Laws consistently applied, especially within the game. Last night for instance we saw the French whip wheel the English scrum and win the turn over for it going through 90. The very next scrum, not five minutes later, the French got penalised for the very same thing.

The referees MUST watch some videos of teams, as I am sure they do, but actually take notice of how teams play. The ABs at breakdown are still diving in, and play offside, Woodcock hand down in most scrums. The Wallabies first player arriving at the ruck dive off their feet 90% of the time or at best bridge over the tackled player. These things are obvious game after game and continue on and on. They are so frustrating to watch get penalised once and then forgotten about.

Four years on from the RWC in which refs were very seriously bagged out, POB's apology, and other major refereeing issues in the meantime we still have a situation where at least 50% of the referees on display here are questionable. Yesterday as I said on another thread Joubert and Walsh set the marker for top refereeing. Tonight was a huge let down from that marker. Neither of these blokes performances were up to standard. In fact Lawrence is arguably never been up to a high enough standard.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I think what you want from a ref is consistency, Preferably good, but consistency bad is preferable to inconsistency, Then a player like Pocock has a chance::)

Status
Not open for further replies.