• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 QF1: Ireland v Wales (W Pool C v RU Pool D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barrenjoey

Go the Spud eaters for mine,,their game plan of grinding away at opponents ,forcing mistakes , taking the three pointers till you got a buffer and then flicking the lights to Hollywood is smart play. K.I.S.S. They are doing it tough in the Emerald Is, maybe a rugby led recovery.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Ireland are now down to their 3rd choice hooker who cant distinguish between a lineout and a line for the toilets. He can't hit a barn down consistently for 80 minutes.

Sounds like some hookers for Aus, NZ and SA so may not be that big an issue.
Short lineouts have been making a greater appearance in the games now so teams may be able to counteract a weak throw with subterfuge.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think Wales will take this in the Backs. Roberts and North may be the point of difference.

Interested to see who Ireland go with at ten.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Thanks all for your thoughts but we'd like to stay under the radar for a little longer. Optimism is rife in Wales. So if you wouldn't mind, please forget what you have seen and that we should have been playing Australia in QF but for 3 missing points. Instead, concentrate on the brilliance of BOD and repeat... 'Ireland are the form team'. Thank you for your understanding on this matter

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Welcome.

You do realise that by making that post you are just drawing more attention to how Wales have been playing.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
It sounds like you are experiencing the highs and lows (in your case the other way around) of a Wallabies supporter.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Getting ridiculous. Since Carter was injured have even started dreaming that we might witness a repeat of the Sevens World Cup. Go Argentina!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Welcome aboard Cardiffblue, Sut mae? Iechyd da to you.

Tell us a bit more about your Sam Warburton.

Pardon my ignorance but he sounds more like an Englishmen than the Welshmen I have come across, when he gives post match interviews. Is he truly Welsh?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Same as mine. Went to the same School as me in Cardiff. Hugh mate, We don't all come home from the pit carrying a ball singing 4 part harmony either!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
C'mon CardiffBlue,

Don't let gross generalist stereotypes get in the way of a good story. Next thing you're going to tell me is that you don't even like leeks, let alone have them with every meal.

We are all hulking bronzed Fosters Beer Drinking Aussie Surf lifesavers with a top shiela* by our side over here.

Good to see that one of your future superstars is truly one of your own.

If you win Bill, I would hate to think that the Welsh have a foreigner raise Bill on the first and only time you raise it.

Ask any kiwi what it is like to have a foreign citizen hold the Rugby World Cup aloft the first and only time you win it. :) Even worse when that Stand In Captain is Captain Kirk and he is a "Bloody Australian".:lmao::yay

*This bit is true of Mrs Jarse. Not so sure about the rest

R

Rugby Nick

C'mon CardiffBlue,

Don't let gross generalist stereotypes get in the way of a good story. Next thing you're going to tell me is that you don't even like leeks, let alone have them with every meal.

I've always wondered how many foreigners know the real story behind why we have the leek as a national symbol, and how many think we just eat them a lot.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I've always wondered how many foreigners know the real story behind why we have the leek as a national symbol, and how many think we just eat them a lot.

Ooh. I know. Didn't some Welsh soldiers wear leeks stuck to their helmets to help distinguish themselves from the enemy a long time ago?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Always wondered why we have daffs as an alternative. Is it just because they don't stink the classrooms out when kids wear them to school on March 1?

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
If you win Bill, I would hate to think that the Welsh have a foreigner raise Bill on the first and only time you raise it.

Ask any kiwi what it is like to have a foreign citizen hold the Rugby World Cup aloft the first and only time you win it. :) Even worse when that Stand In Captain is Captain Kirk and he is a "Bloody Australian".:lmao::yay

*This bit is true of Mrs Jarse. Not so sure about the rest

No, Not really an issue. He still holds dual citizenship. He also announced he would always support the ABs over the Wallabies. Guess he must like winning.....

R

Rugby Nick

Ooh. I know. Didn't some Welsh soldiers wear leeks stuck to their helmets to help distinguish themselves from the enemy a long time ago?

a cookie for that man! But don't get too excited, it's a leek cookie!

Status
Not open for further replies.