• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool D - Fiji, Namibia, Wales, South Africa, Samoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I can't wait for this match, should be a beauty. I'm supporting Samoa definatly, but I think Warburton and co will just get over the line.

R

RuckinGoodStats

Pre game stats for Wales v Samoa.
Kickers: Wales Hook 66% (4 from 6); Samoa Pisi 4 from 4, Williams 4 from 5 (80%).

Concerning RWC2011 Wales stats: Missing, on average, 1 in 6 tackle attempts, 19 lost possessions/turnovers (5 at the ruck, 7 handling errors) 5 penalties awarded (1 while in possession, 2 at the ruck). RWC2011 stats Wales want to continue:12 linebreaks, 6 offloads, 1 charge down, broke 29 tackle attempts (6 in the opposition’s 22).

Concerning RWC2011 Samoa stats: Missing, on average, 1 in 6 tackle attempts, 11 lost possessions/turnovers (2at the ruck, 11 handling errors) 10 penalties awarded (3 while in possession, 6 at the ruck). RWC2011 stats Samoa want to continue: 15 linebreaks, 14 offloads, broke 40 tackles (16 in the opposition’s 22). This was against Namibia remember!

Ref Rolland in RWC2011: yet to reset a scrum, 3 scrum infringements, 25 penalties awarded (16 at the ruck, 7 inside the 22, 7 for offside), 6 were penalties that ended up being kicks at the posts , 83% on left side. Rolland's RWC2011 ranking from 10 refs (1 most/highest): 1st for penalties awarded, 1st for ruck penalties, 3rd for scrum infringements, 2nd for offside penalties.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm watching it but strangely distracted. I think it's because we were supposed to be playing the winner of this game. My enthusiasm is a bit knocked around this morning. I haven't even drunk any beer yet. If things get any worse, I might start talking to the wife and children again.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm watching it but strangley distracted. I think it's because we were supposed to be playing the winner of this game. My enthusiasm is a bit knocked around this morning. I haven't even drunk any beer yet. If things get any worse, I might start talking to the wife and children again.

Scarfie, heaven forbid the last sentence ever happening. Experience tells me that this hollow feeling only gets worse while the beer isn't flowing.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Huge try to the Samoans!! This thing is a 50/50 game for sure. Welcome to the big time Samoa. 10-6 Men in Blue.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
FUCK YES SAMOA!

There has been some great defensive efforts in this match. This really is the pool of deatg, both sides playing very equally.
The Welsh line-out has been horrible though, they will need to fix that asap.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
GO THE MANU!!! Looking forward to the game this arvo!!

It's hard cause I've got a soft spot for Wales (like Ireland) but Samoa look like the only Islander nation outside Fiji & Tonga that could make it to the next round & wanted at least one of these teams to go through. So yes up the Manu!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Samoa getting a bit silly around the rucks. Can't afford to give penalties away - the Welsh don't look like scoring tries.

[Edit - and then they score a try. Of course]

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Wales starting to manage the game towards a win. Samoa down by 7 with 7 to play. They really only have a Plan A - rumble it.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Oh FFS scrumhalf shouldve put it in.

EDIT: And I would've liked to have seen that breakdown as well to see if the Welsh player had actually released the player holding the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.