• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool D - Fiji, Namibia, Wales, South Africa, Samoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
14 minutes gone. Possession and Territory in Fiji favour, but their attack is aimless.

Fiji opportunity for points (PK) missed.

Wales 13 Scott Williams in for meat pie 15 metres in from left corner. Two missed tackles just cost Fiji 7 points.
14 - 0 18 minutes gone.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Leigh Halfpenny pulls his head gear up, not for the first time this RWC, someone needs to give him one that fits, IRB approved of course.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Wales PK - Priestland successful. Red 17 White 0 - 21 minutes gone.

Almost as if the Taffys are toying with the Fijians. Scoring when they want to to remind the Fijians when they have had enough defending.

31 minute update.

Welsh spectators finally finding their voice as Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah starts. Guess they are feeling homesick as the rain starts in Hamilton.

Wet weather is becoming a feature of this cup.

Play the final in Dunedin :)

32 minutes George North scores off a blatant Forward Pass to score third for Wales. TJ was right in line and has let Barnsey down by not calling it. Becoming a habit Mr B. The Kiwi commentators are keen to remind viewers of Fwd Passes in games offiiciated by Barnes.
Priestland converts.

Taffies 24 Fiji zip. 34 minutes gone now.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Warburton in for the bonus point try, feeding off a North setup.

Welsh cruising now into oranges. Priestly converts. 31 Welsh Fiji are not troubling the scorer.

Barnsey calls for Oranges. Teams leave the field.

Welsh very dominant scoring at will. Almost playing like it is an opposed training session.

Will they fall to the wet second half jinx that we have seen a bit of this weekend.

Probs not. Fijians playing like they are not particularly interested. Nothing like the team from last years NH tour who drew 16 all with Wales.

Warbuton, North, Roberts doing well for the Taffies. HM to Jones and Williams.

HT Stats
Territory Fiji 62% Taffs 38%
Possession Fiji 47%, Wales 53%
Tackles Fiji 49/13 missed Taffs 45/4 missed
errors Wales 5 Fiji 7
Offloads Fiji 6 Wales 4
Linebreaks Wales 2 Fiji 0

North is only 19 years old. Marto and Canno have man love for this toy boy.

Welsh cruising into QF1 against most likely Spud Bashers

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Fiji have been pathetic this tournament, well below par considering their overseas players. They really have to sort out their administration which is hurting their teams

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
50 minutes
Inside ball from Priestland to North to Roberts to North to Roberts over under the dot.

Priestland converts. Taffys now lead 38 to Fiji downtrou.

Fiji playing individually without structure. Welsh are strangling any Fiji attack easily.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
But isnt there a whole heap of Fijian players that couldnt be released from France? If so then that has to work against them a fair bit & its not real fair on them. I agree they have not been up to scratch & its a shame as they are one of my fav teams with the way they play.

The commentators sure are having a massive whinge about Wayne Barnes, especially about not stopping the play for injuries. Not the 1st time they've complained.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
But isnt there a whole heap of Fijian players that couldnt be released from France? If so then that has to work against them a fair bit & its not real fair on them. I agree they have not been up to scratch & its a shame as they are one of my fav teams with the way they play.

The commentators sure are having a massive whinge about Wayne Barnes, especially about not stopping the play for injuries. Not the 1st time they've complained.

Not sure that they (and 4 million others) have forgiven him for That Card or That Pass in 2007 Cardiff. Axe to grind. Methinks they doth protest too much.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
16 Lllloyd Burns drops over the line for a try that only Al Baxter would approve of.
Priestland does his job for the extras.

Red 45 White have gone to the changing rooms already.

68 minutes
Another grand chance goes begging for the Fijians. Barnes is absolutely caning the Taffys in the penalty count. In most games this would have the receiving team well in the hunt. Fiji unable to take advantage of the Penalty count.

Taffys will need to tidy their discipline up if they want to progress far in the Knockout stage.

Kiwi commentators have ability to recognise breakdown infringements in Welsh team, which seems to be missing when certain other teams are playing.
They are speaking in awe rather than castigation, however.

70 minutes
Pissing down at Hamilton. Fijian centre has just botched up a simple ball gather with a slip over. Gifted a simple try to #11 halfpenny for half century . Priestland does his job. 52 - 0.

Fiji worse wet weather team than Men in Gold.

replacement 9 Llllloyd Williams snuck over for a cheeky runt 1/2 back try 15 metres out from a simple wide run off the back of scrum.
Priestland - guess what. 59-0 now : 73 minutes gone.

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)

Wouldnt say a whole lot, its mostly back that dont want to be here like Nacewa, again Ive heard that several dont like plating for the FRU because they are just out to line their own pockets

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not sure that they (and 4 million others) have forgiven him for That Card or That Pass in 2007 Cardiff. Axe to grind. Methinks they doth protest too much.

I gotta say thats the first thing that came to mind. The ref appointments havent been made yet for the Quarters, Semis, & Finals? Maybe they're going by the "if we whinge about them enough maybe they wont get to ref the games we dont want them in". They should try watching Bryce or that effort by Owens if they want some real mystifying calls. I think Joubert has been the best thus far.

Update: FFS!!!!!! - my reaction to the Fijians getting a roll on then just throwing it to bloody no where, its been the story of most of the Islander nations, making fantastic ground then just shitting all over their good work by pushing one too many passes.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Welsh will probably end up finishing the pool stages with a better For & Against record than the Boks. Just a marginally missed kick away from finishing top the pile.

Our match against them in November will be a very good test.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wouldnt say a whole lot, its mostly back that dont want to be here like Nacewa, again Ive heard that several dont like plating for the FRU because they are just out to line their own pockets

Well thats just shitty. For mine Scotland not getting over England, Samoa not getting over SA, us getting beat by Ireland, & Fiji's lack of form have been my four main low lights of this RWC thus far.

Update: Fiji turn it over yet again, christ please let this game end now!

Update: Thank god thats over, feeling horrible for Fiji, well done Wales. Nice to see players swapping jerseys at the end.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well done #22 Jonathon Davies for 5 pointer after the bell.
Stephen Jones adds the extras.

Despite being tempted on several occasions after the hooter, the taffys resisted temptation to kick the ball out to end the game. Kept up the pressure and were resulted with another meat pie.

Final Score 66-0

Warbuton sounds very English for a Welshmen. Probs a good thing that he is not turning out for the Soap Dodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.