• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool D - Fiji, Namibia, Wales, South Africa, Samoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
TSF = The Silver Fern. It is the New Zealand rugby forum. People tend to have accounts on there as well as here.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Schalkie probably deserved it. He havent played much rugby before the WC but he sure is flying around all over the show and off loading/distributing well. That try saving tackle was epic.

That little 14 for Samoa should of got it. On the Bokke side Brossouw was by far their best.

For the record, Williams was a dill for his effort. Dumb mistake on his part and I be he knows it too. It was all handbag stuff TBH but what I didn't like was the attack was from behind.

Mo didn't help his sides cause in how he dealt with that horrible ref a little more composure on his part would of helped.

Chin up Samoa and thank you for giving us some great rugby to watch. You have my respect for sure. Would love to see them play more top sides in the future as they have most certainly proven to be more than a worthy opponant.

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think we can counter the physical nature of the Boks play, we are far too soft plus we will give penalties away all over the shop that can be kicked

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Its a COMPLETED tackle Brave. But if am wrong so be it but I don't think I am.

I am still furious at the underhand tactics the Samoans adapted to attempt to evoke a reaction out of the Boks. Anyone see Schalk been pulled from a ruck by his hair early in the game!

Also people calling Brussouw for striking a players arm lying in a ruck for holding him in a preventing him from taking up position is purely delusional. Only reason head is mentioned is because it was next to his arm and hand that was holding him!!!

Look at his plee for help to the touchie as he was striking Williams arm!!!

Williams smacks a player in the face and is red carded. What a travesty he only purposely hit the guy straight in the face!

Smit, is yellow-carded for a suspect call of deliberately knocking the ball down. Not a single POST!

ho hummmmm.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
TSF = The Silver Fern. It is the New Zealand rugby forum. People tend to have accounts on there as well as here.

That makes sense. Didn't really think it was The Sheep F%^$ers but couldn't think of anything else.

I assume TSF is similar to G&GR. Must have a snoop over there one day.

Between Rugby Heaven, Green and Gold Rugby, and Facebook and a couple of music related blogs I watch, I am flat out keeping up. Don't know how, or why, people find the time to do G&GR and TSF. Too much time on their hands, or maybe I don't have work/life/social balance right.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
That makes sense. Didn't really think it was The Sheep F%^$ers but couldn't think of anything else.

I assume TSF is similar to G&GR. Must have a snoop over there one day.

Between Rugby Heaven, Green and Gold Rugby, and Facebook and a couple of music related blogs I watch, I am flat out keeping up. Don't know how, or why, people find the time to do G&GR and TSF. Too much time on their hands, or maybe I don't have work/life/social balance right.

Come over and have a look and contribute if you feel inclined.

I find time for both because I'm not on Facebook, Rugby Heaven or music blogs :)

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
I just watched the replay after not being able to watch it live.

Brossouw was one of the best on the field, but I have no respect for him now after that dive he took. Anyone would think he was an Italian soccer player.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)

Brossouw was one of the best on the field, but I have no respect for him now after that dive he took. Anyone would think he was an Italian soccer player.
Dunno Mate, he wasnt even looking at Wiliams when he throw the klap and he first up try to appeal at the AR. I am just glad he did not took matters in his own hands. Thats what our Bokke usually do and we end up with cards and citings and shite.

The great Thompson did a even worse act when small Kockette dished out one after been held on the jersey in the S14.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
The worst Brussow did was hit Williams' arm to dislodge it from his jersey.

This isn't correct, seen from in field you could see brussouw hit Williams in the base of skull neck region with his forearm at least twice also, either of which are very really potentially fatal. Williams staggers, rights himself and open hand strikes/pushes brussouw to the face.

On the street I would not have pushed Brussouw i'd have made the palm heel count and dislocated his bloody jaw.

As it stands Williams retaliated, red card was not unreasonable, but brussouw needs citing for an extremely reckless pair of strikes.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
This isn't correct, seen from in field you could see brussouw hit Williams in the base of skull neck region with his forearm at least twice also, either of which are very really potentially fatal. Williams staggers, rights himself and open hand strikes/pushes brussouw to the face.

On the street I would not have pushed Brussouw i'd have made the palm heel count and dislocated his bloody jaw.

As it stands Williams retaliated, red card was not unreasonable, but brussouw needs citing for an extremely reckless pair of strikes.

Boet you should honestly have a look at it again. He hold on to Brussouws jersey and never let it go. Why did he do it in the first place? He should bind on his own players and should have been penalise from the start. Owens let a lot of this in the rucks from Samoa. They were all over the place and never counter ruck.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)

I think Broussouw and Bismark are key to Saffer success. As a Sir Richie clone where playing the referee and their intrrpretations is sooooo important in the loose forward role can you blame him for 'the dive'.

I have been smacked in the nose before and it hurts much more than it should. Do you blame Broussouw?

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
The critical turning was much earlier than the red card & yellow card.

It was a short time after Samoa scored and that zippy back (can't remember the number) made a great run down the centre of the field and as tackled by the full back; not held and he bounced back to his feet but was penalised for not releasing the ball - definately an incorrect call.

If the right call was made, Samoa were a big chance to make it 13 - 10 and it really out SA under pressure

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
That should be:

If the right call was made, Samoa were a big chance to make it 13 - 10 and really put SA under pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.