• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool D - Fiji, Namibia, Wales, South Africa, Samoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Owens was terrible.

Only saw 2nd half and the last couple of minutes of 1st half.

Usually do not comment on ref performance, but Saffers must count themselves very lucky.

With an ounce of luck to their opponents and a different referee in this game they may be on the plane home now with Samoa and Wales progressing.

Wobs should be OK to progress to semis given Saffer performance to date. Just need to focus on the game, and play as a team instead of 22 brands.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
He was the only one caught. Unfortunately thats all that counts.

Fair enough. Did you Paul Williams talking to the ass ref before he spoke to Nigel Owens trying to tell him what happened? I don't know how he missed it - it was directly in front of him.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Yep saw that, unfortunately or fortunately, refs or ARs can't or shouldn't really make decisions on what players tell them.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Valiant effort from Samoa and shame they couldn't nail it. Tuilagi seemed a bit quiet (or just never got much space) but all of their other backs looked pretty good. I think I saw more go forward in the centres from them in one game than I have from Australia all year.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Only saw 2nd half and the last couple of minutes of 1st half.

Usually do not comment on ref performance, but Saffers must count themselves very lucky.

With an ounce of luck to their opponents and a different referee in this game they may be on the plane home now with Samoa and Wales progressing.

Wobs should be OK to progress to semis given Saffer performance to date. Just need to focus on the game, and play as a team instead of 22 brands.

Should be a easy ride for the Wallabies, they just need to pitch up.

Williams is a doss, he cost his team the WC. Still cant believe Brussouw did not took him to the cleaners. Well done Samoa, now go home and do your haka kaka.

Owens was horse shite. Its vokken frustrating watching the like of Mark Lawrense, Peypler and Berry in the CC and this idiots on the WC stage.

Not only cant Owens position himself on the field, the AR had to help him out in two incidents, so no way he would see forward passes and the likes. His player management is kak, his voice irritate the shite out of me.

He made mistakes to both sides and to try and say he helped only the Saffers in this one is probably the statement of the year.

Good we had the close one with the quaters looming. Hope we return to a massive bench like against Wales.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Vok Boet, you should open both eyes when watching rugby. Brussouw tried to slap his grabbing hands off him to go where the ball where at that stage.

Fuck bro, someone should teach him how to make someone let go of your jersey that doesn't involve caveman air swings.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The yellow card was warranted for Smit.

He wasn't going to catch that, and Samoa had an overlap so he slapped it away.

Fair enough.

Warrant? Not only is Smit slow but he slap the ball to the Bokke side and no way he did it intentional. He should have let the play go but dished out a silly vokken yellow.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Paarl "easy ride" & the Wallabies are words I'd never use together. I'm hoping they pitch up big time, they'll certainly need to.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Fuck bro, someone should teach him how to make someone let go of your jersey that doesn't involve caveman air swings.

Well if that was Bakkies or Schalk, Williams would have end in hospital and Samoa would have won the test. Williams is a doos, he cost his team their place.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Paarl "easy ride" & the Wallabies are words I'd never use together. I'm hoping they pitch up big time, they'll certainly need to.
Not according to #1. They'll smash Russia 150-0 and will be back plus hopefull the ref will help them according to him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Fantastic game. Absolutely terrible performance by Owens.

I thought the worst call of the game was when David Lemi made the big break and was tackled by Lambie but clearly not held. Lemi got back up and was penalised. At that point Samoa would have had quick ball, massive momentum and had a fantastic chance of scoring. A try there could have completely swung the momentum of the game. I thought it was so obvious that whilst Lambie had tackled him, there were several feet between them when Lemi jumped straight up. Nowhere near a penalty against Lemi.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
Good game as a neutral that.

I reckon Henrich was well with in his rights to try and get Williams off him. Hate that sort of trapping defenders in the ruck, especially when it's as blatant as that.

Remember Mealamu and McCaw holding Pocock in the ruck in one of the Tri-Nations games this year? Held him for nearly 14 seconds as I remember it and created a gap in the defence for Nonu (was it?) to score a try. Same sort of cynical play.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Braveheart81;295174 I thought the worst call of the game was when David Lemi made the big break and was tackled by Lambie but clearly not held.[/QUOTE said:
The tackle was completed you have to place the ball then pick it up.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Fantastic game. Absolutely terrible performance by Owens.

I thought the worst call of the game was when David Lemi made the big break and was tackled by Lambie but clearly not held. Lemi got back up and was penalised. At that point Samoa would have had quick ball, massive momentum and had a fantastic chance of scoring. A try there could have completely swung the momentum of the game. I thought it was so obvious that whilst Lambie had tackled him, there were several feet between them when Lemi jumped straight up. Nowhere near a penalty against Lemi.

He missed three forward passes that lead up to that break away. Alot of high tackles and off the ball shite was going on. The worse performance from a ref I have seen in a long time. Barnes also dont help much from the side giving wrong advice. This is what I dont like about them. They want to run the show and the way they talk to the players pisses me off big time.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Seems a bit of a duff rule but at least it seems to have been applied consistently in other games then....would the same apply to an ankle tap?

Status
Not open for further replies.