• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool D - Fiji, Namibia, Wales, South Africa, Samoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I've got a theory about attack/defence ratios. By which I mean you have a man who has 100% of his energy to allocate to attack and defence. Most guys I reckon set the bar at about 60% attack 40% defence. It looks to me like the Fijians have it set at about 80% attack.

S

saulih

Geez this first half has been frenetic, seems like there has been barely any time out.

S

saulih

It takes a big hit in the counter ruck to knock Steenkamp on his arse like that... Those Fijians are big boys...

S

saulih

Yeah fuck the Saffa's look pretty dam impressive so far

Yeah the Fijians looked best in the first quarter, than it has been all Saffa's from there...

...I'm gonna watch the second half tomorrow, 1:45am here... hopefully the Fijians put up a good show. They need some discipline IMO

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I will support anybody including England against the Bok whilst they field cheap thugs like Botha and the Du Plesis brothers. I don't care how good they are at aspects of their games they are cheap shot thugs. Fiji continued their dismal form from their other tests this year and this result was predictable on form.

Wales will rue the missed shots at goal.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just got home from the local mens GF's to see Fiji in the state they are in, f**k. I know they had poor form but I hoped they'd had more of a fight than this. There goes Fiji as a contender in this pool. Based on whats been seen this game does anyone still rate Samoa a chance?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
48-3 was predictable? The biggest win margin predicted in our tipping pool was 35 (out of 48 players).

Saffers sent a message today.

Go back and have a look at how Fiji played in all tests this year. 15 individuals with no cohesion at all. I hoped for a closer result but the result was never in doubt.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Go back and have a look at how Fiji played in all tests this year. 15 individuals with no cohesion at all. I hoped for a closer result but the result was never in doubt.

I understand what you're saying about Fiji, cause that is true. But I don't think anyone thought South Africa would play that good.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't think anyone thought Fiji would beat South Africa.

I also don't think that anyone would have predicted that South Africa would have scored 6 tries to none.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I understand what you're saying about Fiji, cause that is true. But I don't think anyone thought South Africa would play that good.

A bit like the AB V Japan game last night. The Fijians defended better as individuals than the Japanese but really they had even less cohesion. I wouldn't be too overawed by that performance, the Fijians didn't do anything to inhibit the Bok play at all and for that reason the hyperbole about Bok accuracy and speed and power etc etc needs to be looked at carefully. Look back a week and see a team that struggled against a structured cohesive team in Wales. They still offer very little in attack and on the few occassions the Fijians showed a decent defensive line the first choice was the high kick which the Fijians had absolutely no idea how to catch. That game wasn't successful against the Welsh and I would expect sides like England and France to destroy it.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
A bit like the AB V Japan game last night. The Fijians defended better as individuals than the Japanese but really they had even less cohesion. I wouldn't be too overawed by that performance, the Fijians didn't do anything to inhibit the Bok play at all and for that reason the hyperbole about Bok accuracy and speed and power etc etc needs to be looked at carefully. Look back a week and see a team that struggled against a structured cohesive team in Wales. They still offer very little in attack and on the few occassions the Fijians showed a decent defensive line the first choice was the high kick which the Fijians had absolutely no idea how to catch. That game wasn't successful against the Welsh and I would expect sides like England and France to destroy it.

Sounds like you fairly well convinced yourself that the Boks are still crap and not a chance.

If you find the Saffa that raped your dog give me a shout.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Sounds like you fairly well convinced yourself that the Boks are still crap and not a chance.

If you find the Saffa that raped your dog give me a shout.

Not crap, but not a chance unless everyone falls over for them, and if the sort of Saffa you refer to came near my dog he would get bitten, then shot as deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.