• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 7 - Brumbies v Reds, GIO Stadium, Canberra Sat 8th Apr @ 7:45PM AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Brumbies had the bye last weekend but Bernie was quoted somewhere saying that he will continue to rotate players. Is it likely anyone will be rested this game? Seems unnecessary to me, but if it happens, maybe with Scott Sio back on deck Alan Ala'alatoa could be given the night off with THP being covered by Ben A and Les Makin.

Talking props, I see that Raudhri (?) Murphy is back in town and scheduled to play for the Brumbies' Legends. Is he back permanently does anyone know? And what plans might he have? Could be more than a useful addition to another Super Rugby side, or at ;east to a JID team.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Sorry mate no. Reds always live stream their post match conferences though so keep an eye for them post game.

No4918 I can't find the video on line but the way the 'calling out' happened was something like this:

Journo: 'the bench were not that great tonight were they?' paraphrasing) "Hendrick Tui dropped the ball, Lukhan Tui dropped the ball"

Stiles "Andrew Ready dropped the ball. Nick Frisby played very poorly". I can't remember the exact pickle quote but it was close enough to that

So that's just a bit of context. He didn't just launch into Frisby and Ready, he was responding to a journo.

I think the jounro followed up along the lines of "what do you do about it?" To which Stiles basically responded "make changes".

The dye was cast then (or is it die?)

Thanks Reg. The article I read pertained to Ready and Frisby going out and I guess the journo left out the part about the Tui's also being named for dramatic effect.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Thanks Reg. The article I read pertained to Ready and Frisby going out and I guess the journo left out the part about the Tui's also being named for dramatic effect.

Frisby and Ready got called out in the official post match interview and again yesterday but I think the one you're referring to about Tui was the on field post match hot take.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Frisby and Ready got called out in the official post match interview and again yesterday but I think the one you're referring to about Tui was the on field post match hot take.

I didn't see the on field interview but the Tuis were called out by a journo in the post match press conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bit surprised Ready dropped totally

Ready has not had an opportunity to start (I think) and it's difficult (but not impossible) to perform really well from the bench

His form has not been great but then again neither has Moore's. Looks like Stilsey is doing a Cheika with the bloke and keeping him as a starter even though IMO his performance to date hasn't warranted that (at either level)

Having said that, I suppose he is the captain.

Reds to win

If memory serves me correctly, Ready did start against the Lions in SA. The scrum was a mess so he was hooked before half time with Moore on, and the scrum held thereafter.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
He's continued the criticism of Ready and Frisby, amongst other things about this weeks game again today.

In the video, Stiles says that he's been speaking with Frisby & Ready about their poor commitment 'along the way'. So this is a problem that has come to a head. He's going out of his way to say that there were'nt any options left to him.
I think that this message would probably be well received by the squad.
Indeed senior members like Moore might have recommended he take action, and to not ignore the problem, if he wants to maintain team moral.
It seems they've (Frisby & Ready) let themselves down, very well the team.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
If memory serves me correctly, Ready did start against the Lions in SA. The scrum was a mess so he was hooked before half time with Moore on, and the scrum held thereafter.
To be fair: That was the game Slipper got injured in and Moore came on to try and help the rookies in the front row.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Brumbies had the bye last weekend but Bernie was quoted somewhere saying that he will continue to rotate players. Is it likely anyone will be rested this game? Seems unnecessary to me, but if it happens, maybe with Scott Sio back on deck Alan Ala'alatoa could be given the night off with THP being covered by Ben A and Les Makin.

Talking props, I see that Raudhri (?) Murphy is back in town and scheduled to play for the Brumbies' Legends. Is he back permanently does anyone know? And what plans might he have? Could be more than a useful addition to another Super Rugby side, or at ;east to a JID team.

Brumby Runner, Sam Carter is being "rotated" this week. Given that last week they had a bye, you can imagine how he feels about it! "Not happy Jan"!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies

1. Scott SIO
2. Robbie ABEL
3. Allan Ala'alatoa
4. Rory ARNOLD
5. Blake ENEVER
6. Scott FARDY (c)
7. Chris ALCOCK
8. Jordan SMILER
9. Joe POWELL
10. Wharenui HAWERA
11. Tom BANKS
12. Kyle GODWIN
13. Tevita KURIDRANI
14. Henry SPEIGHT
15. Aidan TOUA

REPLACEMENTS

16. Saia FAINGA’A
17. Nic MAYHEW
18. Ben ALEXANDER
19. Tom STANIFORTH
20. Jarrad BUTLER
21. De Wet ROOS
22. Andrew SMITH
23. James DARGAVILLE

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
I'll be interested to get a look at Tom Banks, especially as some have touted him as an alternative to Toua.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Agree. Ironically he may have been making his Super Rugby debut tonight for the Reds if he stayed here.

Good luck to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
It's taken a long time but the (c) has finally landed where it deserves to be. Not that I have any issue with Sam as captain, but Fardy is a natural yapper, and really leads by example when the going is toughest. Just needs to stay on the field and not be yc'ed. Still, looks like the Brumbies might have their discipline under some control so far this year.

A bit harsh on Sam being rotated, but with four very good locks in the squad, one or two will miss out week to week. Keeps all of them on their toes.

If both sides play to their full potential, the battle up front should be just about equal. Expect George Smith to hand in a blinder.

The Brumbies should have the edge in the backs given how many changes the Reds have made, but do I hear people wondering if the ball will see its way out to the backs? Looking forward to seeing how Banks handles himself at this level. Looks promising and a very good runner of the ball.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Great to see Bulter back and start for Sio... Congrats to Banks first start at home... I read Larkham opted gor give Carter an extra week to repair, good idea... Fardy as Captain well deserved...

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Fardy has been an important cog in the leadership for some time. He seems to be part of the decision making on the field and is often the player geeing up the others when there's a stoppage. The only unknown I can see is the way he will converse with the ref. If that goes ok, then I think there is plenty of evidence to suggest he will make an excellent captain.

T

TOCC

I'll be interested to get a look at Tom Banks, especially as some have touted him as an alternative to Toua.

Hate to say it, but his style of play is Latham-esque...

Physical attributes are similar and running style are similar, has a booming boot and is quite strong in contact and often beats the first man.

Status
Not open for further replies.