• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 7 - Brumbies v Reds, GIO Stadium, Canberra Sat 8th Apr @ 7:45PM AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Who was at 10 at the end then as I'm sure Jake was back at 15 for the last few mins??
Jake was defending at 15 but still at first reciever in attack.

Perese came on for Hunt around 55mins and didn't get to do much. The only other change was Frisby on for 10 or so

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
With the dazzling and incredibly innovative rugby attack patterns of unprecedented dexterity and skill emanating from our national attack coach (presently at the Brumbies as HC), the list of essential qualities the Reds will need to beat the Brumbies in Canberra should be huge, so I was surprised and startled when upon a careful analysis of what these might be, and in a flash of brilliance, I realised there was in fact just one:

Maul defence. Period.

no pause before the word unprecedented. Am disappoint. 1/10

/s

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Like most brumby teams.

Escaping the red terror

conrad-escape.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
McIntyre should be replaced at 10, this week.

He played nearly all of last year in that position and failed to improve.

This year since QC (Quade Cooper) suspended he has exhibited a similar level to that of last year.

10 is the most important single position in the team (barring the props of course) so reckon Stiles should give someone else a crack, anybody else who can chuck a flat pass and tackle.

Won't happen but Ready should get the start (as should Tuttle)

Hopefully the Reds continue with moving the ball around and play the game down in the Brumbies half

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm looking forward to Powell v Gordon. Esp if Louwren's is injured, i believe this could be a straight shootout for who might be Genia's back up come June.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
McIntyre needs to go, personally don't think he's a 10 and the nature of his play indicates he might be a solid/good 12 in a few years time. I'd go the young u20s 10.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Stiles not mucking around and true to his word about bench changes with Andrew Ready and Nick Frisby sent to club rugby. Karmichael Hunt out with concussion.

1. Sef Fa’agase – University of Queensland
2. Stephen Moore (C) – University of Queensland
3. Sam Talakai – Brothers
4. Rob Simmons – Sunnybank
5. Kane Douglas – Norths
6. Adam Korczyk – University of Queensland
7. George Smith – Brothers
8. Scott Higginbotham – Wests
9. James Tuttle – GPS
10. Jake McIntyre – Sunnybank
11. Eto Nabuli – GPS
12. Duncan Paia’aua – Norths
13. Samu Kerevi – Souths
14. Chris Kuridrani – GPS
15. Lachlan Maranta (run-on debut) – Wests

16. Alex Mafi (potential Queensland/Super Rugby debut) – Bond University
17. Kirwan Sanday – Easts
18. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
19. Izack Rodda – Easts
20. Hendrik Tui – Norths
21. Moses Sorovi (potential Queensland/Super Rugby debut) – University of Queensland
22. Hamish Stewart (potential Queensland/Super Rugby debut) – Bond University
23. Izaia Perese – Easts

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
No Hunt is really going to hurt us - hopefully Maranta goes ok....

I expect a niggle fest so Reds by 3

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Bit surprised Ready dropped totally

Ready has not had an opportunity to start (I think) and it's difficult (but not impossible) to perform really well from the bench

His form has not been great but then again neither has Moore's. Looks like Stilsey is doing a Cheika with the bloke and keeping him as a starter even though IMO his performance to date hasn't warranted that (at either level)

Having said that, I suppose he is the captain.

Reds to win

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Bit surprised Ready dropped totally

Ready has not had an opportunity to start (I think) and it's difficult (but not impossible) to perform really well from the bench

His form has not been great but then again neither has Moore's. Looks like Stilsey is doing a Cheika with the bloke and keeping him as a starter even though IMO his performance to date hasn't warranted that (at either level)

Having said that, I suppose he is the captain.

Reds to win

Ready started round 4 against the Lions.

Moore's form has improved. Ready had a howling error late last week which resulted in a try (although Tui did the same and he has retained his spot).

I agree with you that part of the reason Moore is retaining the starting gig is that he is captain in Slipper's absence.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Tuttle 6.5/10 and on L plates
MacInyre 5-5.5/10
Kuridrani 5-6/10
Maranta - unknown but high risk on paper and the Brums will ruthlessly target he and McI

Add it up, we have serious exposures in the back line of that there can be no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.