• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Bulls: Round 4 - Suncorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So we were talking before the game about creativity and we were suggesting that creativity doesn't require play makers. Have we achieved this non-play-making creativity?

If no, are we going to?

I have to say, it's not there yet, but that actually maybe it will come.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Still no game time for Stewart?

This concerns me - he's not going to develop as a player without time on the park, and if he spends the entire season on the bench he might regress.

At this rate he wont be playing until the NRC.

Otherwise, I'm loving the Reds this year. Such great attitudes. I also really like some of your younger / newer players - Wright, Rodda, Tupou, BPA!!!, Daugunu!!!, ASY (Angus Scott-Young) etc.

With Higgenbotham and Smith returning I'll be genuinely disappointed to see some of them drop out of the 23.

T

TOCC

So we were talking before the game about creativity and we were suggesting that creativity doesn't require play makers. Have we achieved this non-play-making creativity?

If no, are we going to?

Again I don't think there's any shortage of creativity in guys like Kerevi, Daugunu and CFS... But there was a few times there that they were lacking a second playmaker, Tuttle and McDermott were looking around for someone to pass it too or take control and they just didn't have any options which meant slow ball waiting for the forwards to reset.

If the forward begin to work better in their pods and providing options, then it's not so much a problem, but not quite there yet.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

If no, are we going to?

Yeah, it's not there, is it? Personally, I can't see that Kerevi (who looked one-dimensional in attack at 12) and CFS (as a combo) is likely to provide it. Paia'aua needs to be on the field. Just my opinion. Kerevi hitting a gap off someone else whether playing at 12 or 13 however.........

T

TOCC

This concerns me - he's not going to develop as a player without time on the park, and if he spends the entire season on the bench he might regress.

At this rate he wont be playing until the NRC.

Who would you have brought him on for? Lance is controlling the game well, and Toua is doing his job at fullback.

Said it in pre-season but I think Stewart will head off to the JWC, and given the way the season is structure he could do it with missing only one Super Rugby game, which shouldn't be an issue given Lucas will be fit by then.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Great to get back to back wins on the board. Vendors should be doling out free heart pills with every beer.

Have to monitor my blood pressure these days - no joke, down 10 points after that game. I love to say that expansive play is required in Qld but my heart tells me we can cope with winning. Not sure this is a trend - but tonight I'm on board.

T

TOCC

Reds still missing:
Luckhan Tui
Scott Higginbotham
Izaia Perese
Ben Lucas
Ruaan Smith
George Smith

And also missing, but unlikely to be sighted in 2018:
Karmichael Hunt
Quade Cooper

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yeah, it's not there, is it? Personally, I can't see that Kerevi (who looked one-dimensional in attack at 12) and CFS (as a combo) is likely to provide it. Paia'aua needs to be on the field. Just my opinion. Kerevi hitting a gap off someone else whether playing at 12 or 13 however...

Yeah, a long way off - but enough for winning. Not MY style of game, but so far workable.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Without a 2nd playmaker the Reds might need to look more towards offloading in contact better and popping off the ground to build momentum. Not a lot of guys were running off Kerevi or CFS when they made a number of half breaks. Only one really trying to offload seemed to be Nabuli but his basketball passes were pretty ineffective.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Perese is the one there who'll make the biggest difference I think. We've lacked his clinical finishing on the wings

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Again I don't think there's any shortage of creativity in guys like Kerevi, Daugunu and CFS. But there was a few times there that they were lacking a second playmaker, Tuttle and McDermott were looking around for someone to pass it too or take control and they just didn't have any options which meant slow ball waiting for the forwards to reset.

If the forward begin to work better in their pods and providing options, then it's not so much a problem, but not quite there yet.

TOCC honest, did we see it? Mate we may be looking at different things. Spell it out. I'm listening.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, a long way off - but enough for winning. Not MY style of game, but so far workable.

Man, you'll take the wins if they're doing it a bit scrappy, for sure. Thorn has definitely instilled some real team attitude and effort in this group which is a big thing. If they can get the polish, they could have the makings of a very good team. Forward pack is doing a job.

T

TOCC

TOCC honest, did we see it? Mate we may be looking at different things. Spell it out. I'm listening.

you're going to have to be more specific, what part of my comment are you questioning?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
you're going to have to be more specific, what part of my comment are you questioning?

No questioning, trying to learn because you've lost me.

Again I don't think there's any shortage of creativity in guys like Kerevi, Daugunu and CFS.

"Listening" - note, "listening" does not mean I'm being a smart arse, I'm genuinely trying to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.