• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Bulls: Round 4 - Suncorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Stormers have looked a bit hit and miss on their tour - turnstiles against the Crusaders, better against the Highlanders and in their extra time loss to the Tahs it's hard to tell what form NSW are in. I think the Reds could do well in Capetown. They've had the South African experience with the Bulls and our scrum is going well. We even managed to keep all of our players on the field so if we can continue to play with 15 I think we have a good shot in both these games.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
If the Argies back up with a performance like last week we ( and all other teams)
are in trouble. Hopefully they return to normality.

I would be happy with 1 win from this tour.

No, this is normal Argentina, they have one (or two) awesome games, and they make everyone think 'fuck me they are scary' then they go back to being shit. I think a large part of it has to do with playing out of Argentina -- unless we were to somehow add the USA and/or Canada to Super Rugby and spin that off into its own conference they are't likely to win a Super Rugby Championship.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Zero
I hope you are right, at least for this week

Well, I did say or two, specifically to cover this week... I don't think we'll be a porous or lackluster as the Waratahs, but I suspect they approached the game as if their job was done with a draw in South Africa.

Two points on that kind of tour really is about as much as you would expect. Argentina were also very porous once put under the pump by the 'Tahs, also it wasn't so much their speed as their size that got them the go forward.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The big test is the next two games. Teams with a strong culture do well on tour. I’m not entirely sure what to expect considering the youth of the side. I assume it’s why they took Higgers despite him being suspended for this week.

I can’t see us winning either match but hope to see that same grit of late.

Since the release of the schedule I felt the Reds got a shit sandwhich with this early tour. But I am re-thinking. Where Thorn is right now, and where the team is right now, even our lack of try scoring. A tour could be just the adversity that Thorn wants he charges to attack. And grinding rugby at this stage of the comp, on tour, may really not be such a bad thing.

Wasn't what I expected, but the Reds season is getting intriguing.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Since the release of the schedule I felt the Reds got a shit sandwhich with this early tour. But I am re-thinking. Where Thorn is right now, and where the team is right now, even our lack of try scoring. A tour could be just the adversity that Thorn wants he charges to attack. And grinding rugby at this stage of the comp, on tour, may really not be such a bad thing.

Wasn't what I expected, but the Reds season is getting intriguing.

The real shit sandwich was that Red card game one against Melbourn, meanwhile the NZ teams are having everything downgraded then ignored by match review. I really think had we had only the two yellows we'd have likely been in for a losing bonus point.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
If the Argies back up with a performance like last week we ( and all other teams)
are in trouble. Hopefully they return to normality.

At the same time, if you stifle the Argies they become even more hot headed and throw out their game plans. If the Reds are able to replicate the same discipline we've seen in the last 120 odd mins (since the last YC), then I'd back them into forcing the Argies to play in a style that goes completely against them.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The real shit sandwich was that Red card game one against Melbourn, meanwhile the NZ teams are having everything downgraded then ignored by match review. I really think had we had only the two yellows we'd have likely been in for a losing bonus point.

Any other game Tui gets a red for that tackle on Genia so we were lucky. I'm not sure we would have had the performance in the last two weeks without the balls up that was our first game.
I'm happy with 2/3. Much better than I could have ever hoped for. Jags would have targeted the Tahs due to Ledesma's previous links with them. Boys look pretty settled over there already judging by their socials. I'm hopeful of a good hitout. Scrums will be fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.