• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Brumbies - RD10 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Can't wait for the Gill V Smith match up.

I hope the Reds forward pack really give Nic White a good sledging as he's a little angry man & he goes MIA when he looses his cool.

Both very good points, Smith and Gill are the best two loosies this year for Aussie teams...can't wait. White's last two games have been a bit ordinary and it will be interesting to see how he goes against Genia who has lifted his output since last year

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
The brums for me are the flavour of the week. I'm looking forward to partaking of their rugby goodness this Sat evening at Suncorp. I can only hope that the Reds can put up some feeble resistance for a change.

The Reds are going to be too busy attacking to be worrying about resistance ;)

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Reds forwards were awesome on Saturday. They play like that again and they will be very hard to beat.

Does Brumbie Jack travel with the team? Love to see a stink up between him and rusty, maybe at halftime.

Insurance policies don't allow for the visiting team's mascot to travel - the massive public liability payout for a battered mascot is just not worth it!

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Ah, I remember reminiscing about the success my team had last decade. I feel for you guys. Hopefully you can take the title this year.

If the reds can just get through the weekend with a little dignity I'll be happy.

But seriously, it is very pleasing to have a aus conference clash between title contenders. Anticipating a very robust game, great match ups across the park and plenty of motivation for both sides.

The first game this year the reds lacked genia and horwill. They're a slightly different proposition now.

Hard for Reds' fans not to gloat about all the Reds' successes over the years, who could blame you.
Last thing a Brumbies' supporter wants to do is to point at the scoreboard.

lex

Allen Oxlade (6)
Insurance policies don't allow for the visiting team's mascot to travel - the massive public liability payout for a battered mascot is just not worth it!

I seem to remember that Brumby Jack put in an appearance at Homebush a couple of years ago.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Pfft - Brumbies are higher on the ladder, they beat us in round 1, are one of the biggest hoodoo teams for the Reds and had more Wallabies at the recent Logistics Camp than the Reds did. Should I go on? Our home ground advantage should count for a few points but not enough to make the Reds favourites.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
holy shit, they're both the underdogs!

"An underdog is a person or group in a competition, frequently in electoral politics, sports and creative works, who is popularly expected to lose.[1] The party, team or individual expected to win is called the favorite or top dog. In the case where an underdog wins, the outcome is an upset. These terms are commonly used in sports betting.[original research?] The use of the term is believed to have come from the blood-sport known as bear-baiting where the "top-dog" was trained to attack the bear's throat and head, and the "underdog" was trained to attack the bear's underside. The top-dog had a better chance of surviving and of beating the bear, whereas the underdog was more likely to die."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underdog_(competition)

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
For anyone attending the game, there is a curtain raiser. Not sure what time it starts.

The game is between Queensland Combined State High Schools (CHS) and Queensland Combined Catholic Colleges (CCC). This is the start of the representative program for school boy rugby.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Going from that definition, I would argue that neither team are the underdog. I'm not sure either side are "expected to lose". Opinion seems to be split (as it should be). The bookies seem to be favouring the Reds, whilst the round 1 encounter probably suggests a close win to the brumbies.

I think the Brumbies are pretty decent value at $2:20. with that said, iv tipped the Reds. I think the Bookies have got the line just right (unfortunately). The line is 2.5+/-. If the line was 3 points I'd be all over the Brumbies. It's gonna be very close.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I think this game will be won at the breakdown. The set piece will be even with the reds better lineout being countered by the brumbies better scrum. This sets up the breakdown (and it's interpretation) as the key to gaining ascendancy. It also sets up a key matchup in the lead up to the Lions tour Wallabies squad, Gill v *Smith. Gill has moved on from being shaded by Hooper as Pocock's deputy, to being the best Australian openside the next year, unless you count the slightly eligible George Smith and it's close. If I had to split them I would say Smith brings more because of his experience but then Gill has youth with it's advantages, it will be interesting to see how they both react to perhaps the biggest game of their seasons.

I'm most intrigued to see To'omua defend Quade Cooper. Both missed out on the "logistics squad" but are both a chance to play the lions. Equally I look forward to Tapui v Lealiifano, maybe a duel for the Wallaby 12 jumper.

Brums by 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.