• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Brumbies - RD10 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Bookies have it right. The Reds at Suncorp should be favourites.

But they won't have forgotten the job the Brumbies did on them in 2011 when they just bashed them. And kicked a penalty after the siren...

I think they have a couple of blokes named James who will prove the difference.

And if not, Genia will.

P

Paradox

Pfft - Brumbies are higher on the ladder, they beat us in round 1, are one of the biggest hoodoo teams for the Reds and had more Wallabies at the recent Logistics Camp than the Reds did. Should I go on? Our home ground advantage should count for a few points but not enough to make the Reds favourites.

An absolutely shameless post by a fan of the favorites.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
St.George Queensland Reds team to play the Brumbies
1. Greg Holmes
2. James Hanson
3. James Slipper
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill (c)
6. Eddie Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Anthony Fainga'a
14. Rod Davies
15. Jono Lance

16. Saia Fainga'a
17. Ben Daley
18. Ed O'Donoghue
19. Jarrad Butler
20. Ben Lucas
21. Chris Feauai-Sautia
22. Dom Shipperley

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Gill will be tuned up for the match - to play against Japanese George will be an honour for the young bloke. BUT George will be the old dog wanting to make sure Gilly has to earn his stripes. Am a big fan of both George and Liam and I think George will win that match-up (overall)

There are other match-ups I am looking forward to:
Lance V Moggy
Slipper V Benny A and Dan Palmer
Quade V Matt T or Lilo
Hansen V Moore
the Scrum
the Line-out

This will be a fairly even contest.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Interesting to see Rocket maintain the starting spot and Ships go to the bench. I think that Ships is by far the better player (more complete) but has been quiet recently by his standards whereas in his one start, Rocket had a real dig.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
We have 5 quality wingers in the squad. And none of them have fired to their potential this season. Digby is a world class player and even when he has an average game it is pretty good in comparison to most wingers.

F'Sautia, Shipperely, Davies & Morahan, whilst not playing bad, have not looked at their best.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies

1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Peter Kimlin
5. Sam Carter
6. Ben Mowen
7. George Smith
8. Fotu Auelua
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Joe Tomane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Siliva Siliva
17. Scott Sio
18. Jordan Smiler
19. Colby Fainga'a
20. Ian Prior
21. Pat McCabe
22. Clyde Rathbone

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Brumbies

1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Peter Kimlin/Oosthuizen
5. Sam Carter
6. Ben Mowen/Kimlin
7. George Smith
8. Fotu Auelua/Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Joe Tomane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Siliva Siliva
17. Scott Sio
18. Jordan Smiler/Auelua
19. Colby Fainga'a
20. Ian Prior
21. Pat McCabe
22. Clyde Rathbone

I assume Fardy is still injured; given that, I think there were two possible formations - the one chosen and my alternate marked in red. I think the Brumbies have chosen this option because they believe that the game can be won by a very physical game rather than a more mobile one as you would get with Kimlin at 6 and Mowen at 8. The battle of the backrows will be crucial. Will the extra grunt of Auelua and Mowen negate the speed of Quirk and Shatz? This will be one of three contests - the scrum, the breakdown and the playmakers. Win two out of three of those battles and I reckon that team will win.

Should be a cracker of a match!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Interesting to see Rocket maintain the starting spot and Ships go to the bench. I think that Ships is by far the better player (more complete) but has been quiet recently by his standards whereas in his one start, Rocket had a real dig.

It signals they want to go wide which is great. BUT Davies was out of position/made misreads on defence a couple of times last week, I hope that the Brumbies can't exploit that better than the Chiefs.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
It signals they want to go wide which is great. BUT Davies was out of position/made misreads on defence a couple of times last week, I hope that the Brumbies can't exploit that better than the Chiefs.

I should probably know which wings will match up with who, but Rocket better hope he ain't out of position if Speight is who he need's to mark. Not that it helped Gear much..

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I don't think it will help if Rocket is in position Speight will still find a way to get around him and score.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I am very interested to see the battle of the centres' people keep talking about gill and smith but the i think alot will be dictated on how each teams 12/13 combination gets the first punch

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The potential firepower on display down the wings is worth the price of admission alone. Let's hope they actually see a bit of the ball.

Digby, Davies & Shipperley v Tomane, Speight & Rathbone.

Wallabies Winger Trial if ever there was one. No wonder Drewster is packing his bags.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Pat McCabe can't make it back into the starting line up. Not a good sign if he wants to impress the selectors in the local derby.

Although it probably doesn't matter, Deans will pick him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.