• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Brumbies - RD10 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Are the Reds got a full team in this game???? According to Tomikin it should be a landslide. No wonder the Brums are becoming distasteful
Hahaha it was just a come back to scubbers 10 Reds 2 Brumbies 3 even comment. Basically I think it's tight across the whole pitch.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
The brums for me are the flavour of the week. I'm looking forward to partaking of their rugby goodness this Sat evening at Suncorp. I can only hope that the Reds can put up some feeble resistance for a change.
Haha I've been a Brumbies fan for as long as I can remember and still am a season ticket holder in canberra although I live up north. You guys talk about favor of the month wasn't to long ago you where back to ballymore to get a packed out stadium.

My Prediction (Brumbies by 10) .. Could you have guessed ;)

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
You guys talk about favor of the month wasn't to long ago you where back to ballymore to get a packed out stadium.

Looks like the Brumbies need to find a smaller stadium, been a while since Canberra stadium was packed out.

Yeah, sucks to sit in a stadium like Suncorp with 50,000 and watch the reds take a title. Are you sure the Brumbies won't get stage fright in front of a real crowd? :)

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Looks like the Brumbies need to find a smaller stadium, been a while since Canberra stadium was packed out.

Yeah, sucks to sit in a stadium like Suncorp with 50,000 and watch the reds take a title. Are you sure the Brumbies won't get stage fright in front of a real crowd? :)
I believe we managed to beat the Reds at Suncorp in 2011. Wasn't that the game when you guys sooked about not getting a bonus point?
;)

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
No sooking here. (I probably should check my posts from back then but ah who can be arsed doing that).

And all congrats due to the 2011 Brumbies, they were an entertaining and cohesive side. I'm the reds would have swapped the title for a win over the mighty brums.

I must admit I did not see the game for the clearly pivotal fixture it was and did not attend to see that classic interaction between Moore and Giteau. Would have been worth it just for that.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I wasn't talking about your sooking in particular, just the general Qld sooking. From memory, any win was a good win in 2011.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

Narr as has been said, we go alright up in Fortress Suncorp :)

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
No sooking here. (I probably should check my posts from back then but ah who can be arsed doing that).

And all congrats due to the 2011 Brumbies, they were an entertaining and cohesive side. I'm the reds would have swapped the title for a win over the mighty brums.

I must admit I did not see the game for the clearly pivotal fixture it was and did not attend to see that classic interaction between Moore and Giteau. Would have been worth it just for that.

The 2011 Brumbies, a cohesive side....?!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

It didn't seem to bother them in 1997, or between 2000 - 2011.........

Hopefully George Smith can keep up his undefeated record against the Reds.........

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Ah, I remember reminiscing about the success my team had last decade. I feel for you guys. Hopefully you can take the title this year.

If the reds can just get through the weekend with a little dignity I'll be happy.

But seriously, it is very pleasing to have a aus conference clash between title contenders. Anticipating a very robust game, great match ups across the park and plenty of motivation for both sides.

The first game this year the reds lacked genia and horwill. They're a slightly different proposition now.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
normally the derbies between the "big three" aussie teams are pretty dull but I this game has the makings of a classic. Both teams' ball retention has been top quality recently and both teams should have the confidence to go to their backlines.

Might be too close to call....but Reds by 5. The Reds (home ground advantage to be the difference). I dont think the Reds will lose two at home in 1 season.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm surprised that so many are tipping the Reds. If there's one team that the Reds struggle against it the Brumbies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The Reds forwards were awesome on Saturday. They play like that again and they will be very hard to beat.

Does Brumbie Jack travel with the team? Love to see a stink up between him and rusty, maybe at halftime.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Since I registered 7 rounds in and have absolutely no hope of finishing anywhere above dead last in the Fantasy Super Rugby competition this year I have decided to use my wildcard this round and will be playing the Reds' starting lineup this week. Wish me luck. Go the Reds.

Brumbies forwards definitely need to show more discipline than they did in Dunedin. Gave away too many stupid penalties, especially in the first half. You know Quirk will be doing all he can to get in their heads too.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the Reds will win by 10 on Saturday, Our forward pack have been brilliant with the return of Horwill & our backs have really just started to click with Genia & Cooper back at full fitness. Can't wait for the Gill V Smith match up.

I hope the Reds forward pack really give Nic White a good sledging as he's a little angry man & he goes MIA when he looses his cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.