• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Brumbies - RD10 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Scubber, here

15. Mogg - Better Kicker, Faster and game breaker
14. Speight, Rocket Rod will be lucky to play let alone be better than Speight - Wallaby in waiting.
13. A Finger - Great tackler
12. Lilo - Only just over Tams
11. Tomane/Digby - Close Call
10. Cooper, but only just recently
9. Genia - White's been awesome as well
8 Mowen - Schatz ain't got anything on the brumbies captain
7. Smith - Gill's close but If I had to pick one or the other it would always be Smith
6 Kilmin - Hands of Noodles but work rate is through the roof
5. Horwill - Australian Captain - Enough said
4. Carter/Simmions - I would rather Carter he gets through more work
3 Palmer - Want your meat and vegs before running around the fiel
2 Moore - Form Hooker
1 Alexander - His better then Holmes in the scrum and in the loose.

But if we need to match the reds tackle count we may have Alexander at TH and Sio at LH lifts the speed of the game.

9 x Brumbies
4 x Reds
2 x Even

That's almost my Wallaby wish list!

Madness in for Noodles and i'd be very very happy

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Scubber, here

14. Speight, Rocket Rod will be lucky to play let alone be better than Speight - Wallaby in waiting.
7. Smith - Gill's close but If I had to pick one or the other it would always be Smith
2 Moore - Form Hooker

But if we need to match the reds tackle count we may have Alexander at TH and Sio at LH lifts the speed of the game.

9 x Brumbies
4 x Reds
2 x Even

Tell him he's dreaming.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I don't like it when they feel 10ft tall and bullet proof. They then stuff it up. I still have cold sweats thinking about that semi last year vs the Sharks. This game will be tight but epic. Only two days of work left till I jump on the plan to come down for it. Bloody can't wait.

Felt a lot more like plucky underdogs than 10 foot tall giants going into that finals game with the Sharks last year, but that just may be me.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Love the banter guys - shows a bit of passion by all of us.
Suppose bragging rights will come after the result on saturday

Overall, whilst i am hopeful of a Reds win, I expect a great game of rugby with plenty of match-ups on and off the field.

It is just great for Australian Rugby

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
So it is massive because if the reds win the brumbies will start having doubt about themselves. If the reds lose, however, they will still be chasing the brumbies hard.
Makes sense.
Not to mention that it is in fact a Reds home game so there is (or should be) more expectation on them to win. They are yet to go on their SA tour and still have 3 games (after this week) against current top 6 opposition whereas the Brumbies only have 1.

All in all, massive game for the Brumbies who have everything to lose. Not so much for the Reds who have everything to gain!

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Scubber, here

2 Moore - Form Hooker

9 x Brumbies
4 x Reds
2 x Even

Have the Reds got a full team in this game???? According to Tomikin it should be a landslide. No wonder the Brums are becoming distasteful

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Distasteful? I don't see it myself. I see a bunch of people excited about what should be a cracker of a contest. Both sets of fans can see an opportunity for their side to win and lose. And a little light hearted banter is always fun.
I know I'm very happy I applied for my press pass and I will be getting a close as I can to the action. All I have to do then is remember to take pictures!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

P

Paradox

I wouldn't mind seeing Cooper have a very good game but of course the Brumbies winning

P

Paradox

I know I'm very happy I applied for my press pass and I will be getting a close as I can to the action. All I have to do then is remember to take pictures!

Cool, is that with G&GR?

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
The brums for me are the flavour of the week. I'm looking forward to partaking of their rugby goodness this Sat evening at Suncorp. I can only hope that the Reds can put up some feeble resistance for a change.
I hope the Reds only put up feeble resistance as well. Much like the game in Canberra ;)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Whatever happens on Saturday, someone needs to go out and catch a bunch of Humbles. Coz sure as shit after this weekend, someone's gonna be eating some humble pie! :D

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
As I was typing that I thought, I wonder how long it will take some smart arse to point out that very obvious flaw in my post. ;) Then I thought, ah-ha! If it's a draw, then I will eat the humble pie for my bold prediction for no draw! Check mate! :D

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't think this match will be decisive at all, despite all the hype and the chest beating.
There are another 7 matches to play after this one, a total of 28 to 35 points available.
If the Brumbies win, they may go 6 points ahead, if the Reds win they'll go 2 or 3 ahead - nothing in both cases if you consider the points still available for the rest of the season.
Perspective is important. Kiwi and RSA sides may also have somnething to say about who comes on top of the OZ conference. Plus injuries.

Don't forget head to head stats can make a big difference, remember last year?

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Think last year the Reds got into the finals on their number of overall wins, which was one more than the Brums - even though they had the same points as the Brumbies on the ladder.
At the moment both the Brumbies and the Reds have 6 wins each.
Don't mind the Reds winning on saturday, as long as the Brumbies finish with more points on July 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.