• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Brumbies, Round 12, 13th May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
'twas clearly stripped... certainly making up for the the Brumbies' other "try"...

Yeah, nah, I'm going with mum (who, pre-Alzheimers, was quite the armchair ref & moral compass) on this one: one appallingly bad call doesn't cancel out any prior bullshit quick conversion shenanigans.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
No point blaming the ref. Sure he played his part but it was our errors and missed tackles that gat us in those situations.

Some great defense until the last 20 min then our structure went missing.

Same as the attack. Was looking good until the replacements came on (Jordy aside) then offered little. We simply are not good enough.

Still, we looked better than we have this year IMHO and I enjoyed the game.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
How's that?
More than a bit of a grub TBH. Heading with the elbow, little knees at ruck time, lots of unrealistic attempts at the ball that go unpunished, when a half second timing issue or not obvious enough release from a Pocock or a Gill would be a full penalty.

Top it off with the fact that he seems to mistake the fact that he works hard and he's got a lot of talent for intelligence (a fact evident in any post match interview or ref mike) and he's annoying to the extent that if he was Edinburgh player, I'd hate being forced to support him in National colours.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
How's that?

From the outside looking in he can come off as a bit of a rude, and bordering on dirty, prick. Every teams got one of them. The passionate / aggressive player that the fans love and the other teams hate. He's your Will Skelton.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
It was only this week that Marto was suggesting on Rugby 360 that the Hoff is one of the best around and is due for promotion to International level.;)
Not based on his whistle work. He's frustrating on the sidelines, but fairly consistent.

Issue was he looked to be intimidated by the experienced players on the field . McMahon and Stirzaker were regularly dismissed with nary a word, when Moore, Lilo and Pocock (who shouldn't be talking to the ref in the first place) got long thorough discussions. In the international game, particularly for new refs, you'll often get tier 1 v tier 2 sort of stuff, and I'd hate to see say Japan denied an opportunity to beat Argentina because of that sort of demeanor.

Regardless, well done Brumbies, deserved the win. Forwards won the game, think yours all had better games than ours. Jack was better, Hodge is improving every game, Tamati is ever so important to our backline.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brumbies bench was the big difference tonight, they had an absolutely huge impact.
Totally agree the bench did a great job... Nice cut out pass to set up Ah Wing by the young inside centre for his first super match... powell was everywhere with sharp snappy passing.. Good carries by Stanifirth too... Shame about the bench props m try I'm sure its on his reel already...

G

galumay

Gawd that was tedious, i guess its hard following an absolute cracker of a game like the 'Landers v 'Saders but that was pretty hard going. The contrast was marked, it was like 2 different grades really.

G

galumay

Thats a new combination of awful from the coms as well, I guess Hoiles is less awful than Greegan....I think.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
From a neutral perspective that was a great game to watch. The defence from both teams

Congrats to the Rebels because they are really building something for the future. I'd be stoked if the Force were anywhere near the Rebels level. They need to sort their captaincy out though. Hoff just dismissed Stirzaker straight up every time like a red headed step child.

So is Naivalu ever going to be Wob eligible?

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hoff just dismissed Stirzaker straight up every time like a red headed step child.
That made me laugh! You are right though, we need s captain who is in the ref's ear.

I must have felt good about the Rebels performance tonight - i felt less crap about the loss!

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
'twas clearly stripped... certainly making up for the the Brumbies' other "try"...

A shame, because that Alalaatoa try was beautiful.

That is something rugby league adjudicates better than rugby union. In rugby league 99 times out of 100 that would be called a strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.