• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Brumbies, Round 12, 13th May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
*edit, oops, spoke too soon, some pretty sweet end-to-end jailbreak action there.

Poor Stirzaker. When he tries to talk to the ref, as captain, the ref just thinks he's some yappy brightly-dressed third former that's somehow found his way onto the field of play

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
Rohan Hoffman has lost his head. Letting Moore say whatever he wants and dismissing Stirzaker. Cubelli should have been gone. Stephen Moore has definitely put his grub hat on tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Just tuned in, what loophole?

If you take a quick drop kick for conversion before ref asks for or gets a TMO review for, say, a forward pass, they cannot overrule the try that has been provisionally awarded. It was in the news after the Tahs were not clued in to use it last week. Leali'ifano knew it, as he has used it before, and he obviously thought that pass might have been suss. Not his fault, it's allowed, but it seems well against the spirit of the game to me, so I hink it ought not.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Also what does Crawford have to do to get a gig? I was a huge fan at the Tahs and I've never seen him put a foot wrong at Super level. It seems every time he plays he scores (he puts himself in great positions).

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Lealiifano was right to take the quick conversion. The rule is if you score a try with a questionable pass involved you must take a quick drop kick.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yet Foley said he would use the same loophole if the Tahs were in the same position. I blame him for highlighting the point.

You need to put the chip away. It's a comment about the loophole, not the bloke (legally) exploiting it. I mean, I know you need to express your feelings about the Tahs at any opportunity..........

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Glad I'm not a n outright Wallabies fan. Think it'd be hard to take having Moore in my 23.

2nd try was just turning good ball into bad. Turnover was good, ball spread quickly, Jack correctly identifies the space behind and kicks.

All goes to shit. Kick is a grubber rather than a thump downfield, chase is awful, so Brumbies regather, and then defensive alignment is even worse. Top it all off with a forward pass and a quick conversion and it's not been fun.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Aaaaaaand, there is the bullshit loophole being exploited. It really should not be a thing. Whether the pass would, or not, have been adjudged forward.

Yup & it really, really needs to be sorted before it fucks up a knockout match. All it needs is for a conversion to be deemed not a phase of play, I'd have thought. Maybe they could look at it during the June break at a SANZAAR level then take it to WR (World Rugby) who, one assumes, wouldn't like to see say a RWC Final (or, dare I say it, QF :)) decided by a forward pass that can't be adjudicated on.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
How goods Hodge! Plenty to like about this Rebels team and plenty to look forward to as they grow over the next few years

Status
Not open for further replies.