• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Brumbies, Round 12, 13th May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Daz, I see your mate big Morgs is now a backs coach down there.

The Reds gig never quite panned out?

D

daz

Daz, I see your mate big Morgs is now a backs coach down there.

The Reds gig never quite panned out?

Yeah, not a bad pickup and I think he will be a good influence on our attack. Be good to have a beer with the big unit.

It's great to see new Oz coaches getting a start at Super Rugby teams.

I didn't find out exactly what happened to the Reds gig, but I think it was conditional on M O'C being named as singular HC and having full hiring ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Robbie Coleman is out.

Dargaville has been put at 12, Taliauli to the wing and Jackson-Hope is on the bench.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
^^^Hopefully the Brumbies have taken the mantel for pre-game changes and the Rebels don't have any last minute injuries.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought Coleman did well at 12 last week.

I think the Rebels are a genuine chance of winning this one at home. They will need to defend better than they did a couple of weeks ago against the Blues though.

Reactions: mst

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Cheers for that. He gives good interview, actually quite honest about things which is a refreshing change.
That was a really good interview. I sometimes find Stirzy talks a bit too fast and furious in post-game interviews, but he really spoke well there.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
A good reason to have had Jooste on the bench in place of Jackson-Hope. Would then have cover for 10 and 12.

In reality, I suppose either Dargaville would come in from the centres or Powell off the bench. Just don't like the 6 - 2 split on the bench. Could leave us very exposed in case on injury.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
J J-H didn't exactly stand out with a bunch of ITM cup level Kiwis running at him in the U20 International 1. Much of this could have been due to the poor quality of pill that was being delivered by the piggies, and more particularly the service from the scrumhalf.

I hope I am proven wrong, but I just don't see him crying out "I'm Super Rugby ready". The more experienced pro players at the Rebels would be licking their licks at the prospect of facing a greenhorn like him towards the end of a game.

Throwing JJH in too soon could do a fair bit of damage to his long term development.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
HJ, I agree about his performance in the U20s, but it was certainly affected by the No 9's very poor service, as was the whole backline. Jooste on Saturday was substantially better at 12 but so was the whole backline. Hard to make a comparison then.

Jackson-Hope played in the pre-season trials and started against the Tahs back then and really didn't look out of place. His size is a bit of a concern, although I don't think he is any smaller than Coleman, so pretty much like for like in that aspect.

The key to the Brumbies going well tonight will probably be in taking all early points on offer. They improved in this regard against the Bulls but could have taken two more penalty shots early in the game rather than kicking (often unsuccessfully) for the side line. Get good points on the board, and when opportunities present later in the game go for the side line to set up the rolling maul if they are looking for a bonus point (winning or losing).

Christian Lealiifano's goal kicking has been a feature so far this season. 83% success rate according to the Brumbies' web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.