• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade Cooper going to NRL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Cooper has started more tests than TPN already, was man of the match against England and when he isn't there, the wallaby back line looked like they had yet to be introduced.

More to the point, TPN is not unsigned and getting big offers from league.

If the ARU are setting top-up figures on the basis of negotiation (and of course they have), this (the Cooper saga) is the end result. If the ARU is doing so in order to prevent individuals from going elsewhere lured by big money, then market value is the players value on the market - and Cooper is going to score more.

I'm only trying to make this point; who do you pay more: the guy who builds your house, or the decorator?

H

H...

Is Polota-Nau the new saviour or something? Personaly I've not missed the crooked as crap throws.

Reactions: daz

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Latest reports on Free to Air TV are that Cooper has rejected the ARU's offer.

Goodbye Quade, it would have been good to see you against some top opposition. The ARU has to now say to Cooper, 'You won't be there for the RWC and we have to use this time to develop somebody in that Flyhalf position. We are sorry that you will not commit to Oz Rugby but we have to use the time we have left before the RWC and look to the future.' Cooper should then be axed from the squad (not as the Mungo's would like to think as punishment, but purely to make use of the time before the RWC) and replaced by To'omua in the Squad. The only option for the run on team now is IMO Barnes at 10 and Giteau at 12. This can work if they actually have a game plan, play with depth and support players. The play what is in front of you crap of Deans has to stop.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
What is it that he wants exactly?

If I understand it correctly he is receiving around $600K now if you include match payments, endorsements etc. That would seem to be pretty good I would have thought.
If he's not happy give him a deal worth $700 all told for 1 year with an option for a further 3 if he performs to that level against all comers and in the RWC.
If he doesn't then cut him back to around $400-500 or set him free.
Unfortunately this is typical of the QC (Quade Cooper) that has been portrayed in the press. Is it typical of the modern day professional rugby player and have the ARU screwed themselves through previous negotiations?

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
i'm getting so sick of this, if all he wants is money then let him piss off. As talneted as he is we havn't won a single bit of silver with this kid. Nothing. Same with Tahu.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
According to this...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...onfident-cooper-will-stay-20100818-12f79.html

the ARU confident of retaining him. I dunno, just get it over with guys, one way or the other. I agree with Gnostic. If he wants to go, then go. He's immediately dropped from the squad and To'omua comes in and goes on the EOYT to develop him for further test duties. If he wants to stay, then stay and we go merrily on our way. This is the reason why I hate all this ducks and drakes bullshit, both in my own professional life and watching from the sidelines seeing sports stars doing it.

JUST %$^%$^$^% GET ON WITH IT!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Forget Quade walking out on the game, what about the good fans who have had a gut full of this bullshit. They are out there.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Agreed Hornet. I have already been through this once this year with Quade! I have largely tried to ignore this drama but there is just no getting away from it.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The longer this type of crap goes on, whether the competitor be League or Euro land the more it polarises many of the fans (and dare I say a few officials) against the player (and officials) causing the issues in the first place. Just make a decision and clearly state, I want to do this and then negotiate a suitable contract. Life isn't about money and whatever contract he gets will set him up for life unlike the average fan who will work for a small percentage of his fee often at something they have come to hate simply because they have no choice.

Well Quade you have the choice make it! Don't whore yourself to the highest bidder, just do what you really want to do, openly without all this crap lest you end up unhappy in your decision and nobody gets to see your best game.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Guys, let's also note that a significant component of this drama is media ramp-up. Goes with the territory. And News Limited 'own' league don't forget. They love stories that embellish league's credentials.

I agree QC (Quade Cooper) needs to 'get on with it', but perhaps, just to keep balance here, so does the ARU...they are significant players in this and Nucifora coming out yesterday and noting that QC (Quade Cooper) was 'unproven' etc, was s stupid, inflammatory move which would hardly have helped the public situation to move forward, even if true.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Fair point TBH. Perhaps the media truth is that News have an interest in blowing both ends of the horn so to speak!

Btw, I don't think any of this is bad publicity for the everyday fans of rugby. The purists are horrified of course that it's all so grubby and ungrateful of QC (Quade Cooper) (forgetting conveniently the huge $s in incremental gate he's brought to the 2010 Reds etc and helped them get near the S15 Finals for the first time in ages), but most fans I know see QC (Quade Cooper) as a star and how good it will be for rugby/Reds/Walls if it/they can ward off league and he stays. The fans I know anyway are not in this context critical of rugby or him.

Aussie D

Desmond Connor (43)
I am hoping that he stays of course but if he does decide to go I hope the ARU slam the door shut behind him ever coming back. In 3 years time I don't want to be reading about him umming and aahing over returning to rugby and the reds. No player can ever again be bigger than the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.