• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade Cooper going to NRL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Love to see him go to League after the RWC if he hasn't sorted his tackling out by then. Go for two years, sort the tackling out, then come back to lead the Wallabies to a RWC win in 2015.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Love to see him go to League after the RWC if he hasn't sorted his tackling out by then. Go for two years, sort the tackling out, then come back to lead the Wallabies to a RWC win in 2015.

Tackling in Mungoball. Surely you jest.

At best 1 bloke runs into three blokes, who wrestle him to the ground, whereupon two get up, and the third lays on top of the ball carrier. Wrestler #3 eventually gets up off the ball carrier ensuring that he completes a face scrunch on the ball carrier while pretending to use that arm as leverage to assist him get up.

One of the great Mungoball fallacies is that they can tackle. Just look at the missed tackle count in any game.

There is tons of scope in mungoball for a poor defender to be hidden on defence.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Tackling in Mungoball. Surely you jest.

At best 1 bloke runs into three blokes, who wrestle him to the ground, whereupon two get up, and the third lays on top of the ball carrier. Wrestler #3 eventually gets up off the ball carrier ensuring that he completes a face scrunch on the ball carrier while pretending to use that arm as leverage to assist him get up.

One of the great Mungoball fallacies is that they can tackle. Just look at the missed tackle count in any game.

There is tons of scope in mungoball for a poor defender to be hidden on defence.

You are talking about the forwards. There are a lot more one on one tackles in the backs, and in union there is a lot more scope to hide defenders.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You are talking about the forwards. There are a lot more one on one tackles in the backs, and in union there is a lot more scope to hide defenders.

Geez, I don't know so much about hiding in defence.
The tahs couldn't hide KB (Kurtley Beale) @ 10, & it gets harder to hide them any wider.
Granted 1 - 9 could ensure they never made a tackle if they so desired.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Benji Marshall not a noted defender, he has done all right in RL.

benji doesnt go alright in defence at all, any team that wins against the tigers do so by targeting him.

i dont think you can hide in league, i think the tackles look a lot more impressive as like in touch footy, when a players hits contact there is often a greater advantage in going to ground quickly and getting a fast play the ball going than trying to get that extra few inches.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I have played both and i definetly think it is easier to hide a player in league. For the first two-three tackles he goes on the wing and then moves in closer to the centre on the next three/two tackles. This means the tackler is not in the usual places where tackles are committed. League follows a sort of script for attacking plays and they rarely get it to the winger on tackle one

In union because it is so free flowing and they don't necessarily crash it up for the first three phases you can't hide. Also because of the nature of rucks players are always going to be trapped at the bottom and others have to fill in for the trapped. The only position you can maybe hide is at 9. There is too much open play where positions count for nothing and you have to tackle

B

BRIX

Benji Marshall not a noted defender, he has done all right in RL.

Someone that can put a hit in for the Tigers though is young Simon Dwyer. This is how we should be hitting Kiwi Internations beit mungo or man ball!

[video=youtube;6ZQQQaOwDys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZQQQaOwDys[/video]

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
benji doesnt go alright in defence at all, any team that wins against the tigers do so by targeting him.

i dont think you can hide in league, i think the tackles look a lot more impressive as like in touch footy, when a players hits contact there is often a greater advantage in going to ground quickly and getting a fast play the ball going than trying to get that extra few inches.

Quade will be made to do thirty tackles a game in the NRL, they will run plays at him wherever he hides. If he makes all of them he will be too shattered to do anything in attack.

Cooper showed how far he has to go on Saturday, the ABs got up him and he kept getting deeper and deeper in the pocket.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

The same also happens in rugby. Not all the time, but it is certainly a tactic at times.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Someone that can put a hit in for the Tigers though is young Simon Dwyer. This is how we should be hitting Kiwi Internations beit mungo or man ball!

I appreciate it's a legal mungo tackle but nice use of the arms - NOT!!!

B

BRIX

Haha. Looked like a bit of a TPN torpedo...but not at the legs - great hit by the young gun none the less. I was looking for the Palu hit on AJ Venter in the Sharks Waratahs fixture at Kings Park but can't find it! Look forward to the added muscle that TPN and Cliffy will bring back to the team. We need to dominate.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
n28611471888_8591.jpg

B

BRIX

Queensland avatar, Sydney club team, ACT provincial and Argentine International team...Haha, love it

Status
Not open for further replies.