• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade Cooper going to NRL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

He said he would prefer a Leaguie, not that Cooper was unwelcome or unwanted. Cayless sounds like a Cooper fan and he is captian.

"I've seen him play, and he's an absolutely outstanding talent,'' Cayless told BigPond Sports. "He's had some great games for the Wallabies, in a couple of those matches against South Africa, and he played well for the Reds this year as well ... we'll just have to see what happens.''

Cayless is leaving the club at the end of 2010, with all indicators pointing to Hindmarsh as the likely captain in 2011

D

daz

[Sarcasm] If it isn't about money [/Sarcasm], then it must be about lifestyle and ambition, or a combination of the two.

The RWC is the rugby equivalent of the Olympics. If QC (Quade Cooper) has ambition, surely playing at the rugby "Olympics" is the dream. I have no doubt that there will be a significant draining of current Wallabies immediately after the RWC. France, Japan, NRL, AFL, etc, etc will probably all get a Wallaby or two post 2011.

QC (Quade Cooper) (or more likely his agent) seems to think he is worth 'x' dollars now, where-as I for one am not sure you can put a dollar figure on potential. What has QC (Quade Cooper) really achieved to date, except some bad press and some inconsistent play, even accepting he has generated some genuine excitement?

I am no fan of the ARU on some aspects of the organisation, but fair's fair; the ARU and the Reds stuck with him when others would not. There is also talk of a verbal agreement between QC (Quade Cooper) and the Reds/ARU. Very poor form to back track on that.

Yes, this is getting some headlines and if that gets QC (Quade Cooper) a few extra dollars in his back pocket from the ARU, good on him. My belief is that this is nothing more than a greedy (and dumb) agent wasting the time of the ARU and NRL, not to mention several tree's from the Amazon chopped down to print this crap.

And if he leaves rugby for the NRL [Sarcasm] not for money [/Sarcasm] then from me to QC (Quade Cooper), a big fuck you. You will have wasted my time as well.

My pick? See you at the Reds in 2011 Quade....

D

daz

True Moses, but the ARU have done this on leaguies coming to rugby as well, so I am not sure we can take any high ground here.

Having said that, if I was a solid, dependable and proven Eels player (sitting on the low-mid payment table) and someone like QC (Quade Cooper) blew in on that kind of dough, I don't imagine I would be thrilled.

Shades of that classic VFL/AFL film "The Club", anyone? Comments on the training track when QC (Quade Cooper) does something wrong, like: What's wrong Quade, hands too full of cash to catch the fucking ball?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If that offer of 850k is legit, that's insulting to other top players in league - how can Quade be worth more than the existing stars of the NRL when he can't tackle and hasn't played league at a serious level?

It is obvious, he is S14 player and Wallaby, in NRL dollars, it seems about right

H

H...

The most likely number I've heard is 500K a year for 3 years. I don't think that'll be enough to get him to go. He must be able to see that a couple more seasons in Australia (at similar money) and he can go and write his own cheque at RC Toulon.

I know bogans will be bogans but can you imagine even considering going to play for parramatta when you can go and play in the south of france for more $$$?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The most likely number I've heard is 500K a year for 3 years. I don't think that'll be enough to get him to go. He must be able to see that a couple more seasons in Australia (at similar money) and he can go and write his own cheque at RC Toulon.

I know bogans will be bogans but can you imagine even considering going to play for parramatta when you can go and play in the south of france for more $$$?

They probably don't have Oporto's in the south of France.
If he is that bat-shit stupid, I say good luck.

D

daz

Maybe the Eels are going to throw in a hotted up Nissan Skyline or Mitsubishi Evo as a top-up sweetener?

12 month all-you-can-ink tattoo deal?

Free hair clippers permanantly set on #1?

Maybe a laptop or two...?

:)

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

Can he still play over in europe after he had a conviction against his name?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Driving unlicensed? Don't think that would be a problem, and the laptop scandal ended with no finding of guilt.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Maybe the Eels are going to throw in a hotted up Nissan Skyline or Mitsubishi Evo as a top-up sweetener?

12 month all-you-can-ink tattoo deal?

Free hair clippers permanantly set on #1?

Maybe a laptop or two...?

:)

I thought he's already got a laptop? :)

Serious though, Quade. It's the annual council cleanup around here soon. I turfed out some old suitcases. You're welcome to swing by and pick them up so you can pack your kit son.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
The $850k looks bullshit. Only the SMH ran with it as a rumour.

Telegraph and Fox both report the $500k/year, together with quotes from the Eels CEO and Gallop confirming it.

$500k/year is less than the $600k per year he's on now.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm caught between wanting JON to laugh in Quade's face, and wanting to pay Quade a fair salary. He is very important to the Wallabies and Reds, so shake his hand, say "well played", and chuck in a extra $50,000.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm caught between wanting JON to laugh in Quade's face, and wanting to pay Quade a fair salary. He is very important to the Wallabies and Reds, so shake his hand, say "well played", and chuck in a extra $50,000.

Well, he'd be $25000 better off already if he could tackle properly.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm not liking all this derision of the Eels ;)

I've been a Parra supporter since I was a nipper, but then again I've been called a bogan more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.