• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade Cooper and Summer Digressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
It was disgraceful....Donald should be suspended from all international rugby for life.....lol

And Toeava should have proper 13mm studs sewn onto his feet ::).

(To be fair, the Honker's surface got torn up something shocking on the weekend)

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
Yes yes! Suspend Donald for six years at least,that was a dangerous tackle. Geez the talkbacks over here are still venting over his performance.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
And Toeava should have proper 13mm studs sewn onto his feet ::).

(To be fair, the Honker's surface got torn up something shocking on the weekend)

I've always hoped that Ice would perform to the level that Henry & Co. think he's capable of. He's full of talent but.....I think the surface had little to do with his game on Saturday. The try Mitchell got...Ice was way up on the inside of Mitchell - it was him trying to turn and cover his mistake that actually made him slip.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Ice is a hugely talented bloke, but there's always been the doubt over his temperament. He's reportedly a very quiet bloke and goes into his shell a bit if things aren't going well. A shame, because I reckon he's good enough to carve up at the top level.

T

TOCC

Fucken melodramatic bunch, harden up, who gives a shit if he was pushed on the ground or not, McCaw had it coming for been a little bitch and kicking someone

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Ice is a hugely talented bloke, but there's always been the doubt over his temperament. He's reportedly a very quiet bloke and goes into his shell a bit if things aren't going well. A shame, because I reckon he's good enough to carve up at the top level.

I agree....I've been a fan of his for a while....he makes it f**ken hard work tho sometimes!!

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
But he did it at precisely the wrong time. It was almost like he only retaliated knowing it was full time and the the game was going to be at least a draw. So he waited for the protection that both the full time whistle and the scoreboard can provide. The whole point of niggle is to get under someones skin, and potentially put them off their game. If you do that in the 84th minute you get no benefit and look like a jerk. It will only serve to fire the ABs up more next time.

For niggle - not full on manly fight starting - it was precisely the right time!

No penalty to give away and McCaw has no comeback. The whole point of niggle is getting under someone's skin and the very last thing McCaw gets as a losing memory in HK is Quade's little bitch-slap on him. To sit there festering in his dunny brush bonce like a little turd till at the very earliest, the back half of the S15.

Sir Richie is the ABs brains trust (which has been a weak point for the ABs for a while now IMO), so if you can have anything playing on his mind or influencing his play that isn't stone cold rational, it's a frikken win.

Until this match, I woulda thought McCaw was impervious to this sorta crap anyway, but I think we all saw the contrary last weekend. And if we saw it, then every other niggle merchant worth his salt in world rugby would have spotted it as well

T

tucker

That could roll other ways too though, those same niggle merchants will notice its affect on Quade, that being said in terms of niggling, spot on Gagger, i doubt gregans "4 more years' would have had the same affect any earlier or later

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Well obviously the 'four more years' only works when you have won the game and the reality of the situation dawns on the ABs. Doing at the start of a game is a bit like a bowler sending a batsman on his way as he is taking guard to face his first ball!

And Gaggs I think the idea of niggle is more to inspire him to act in the heat of the moment without thinking, get him off his usual train of thought. The problem with doing it at the end of the game is it gives McCaw PLENTY of time to think about it, and will inspire a cold, calculated response rather than a hot-headed emotional one. Say he does it with 10 minutes to go, McCaw would want to get him back that instant, and would be more likely to rush out of the line or do something similarly thoughtless. Obviously McCaw is a class player and whether he would actually do that is questionable, but if he does act the niggle works.

As it is McCaw bides his time and coldly plans a killer response. Quade is giving him the chance to serve his revenge cold.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
If he's spending his time thinking about that, and then has to crowbar it into their next meeting - for which he could get penalised or worse - job done.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I've always hoped that Ice would perform to the level that Henry & Co. think he's capable of. He's full of talent but.....I think the surface had little to do with his game on Saturday. The try Mitchell got...Ice was way up on the inside of Mitchell - it was him trying to turn and cover his mistake that actually made him slip.

He slipped because of QCs pass getting outside him or at least a combination of that and his coming in too far.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
C'mon Konze...you're not seriously trying compare a head-butt to the back of the head to a McCaw's attempt to win the ball are you.....seriously???

Do you honestly think that Ritchie looked at the ball and thought to himself, "What a great opportunity to kick Pocock legs!!" ??? Really??

Anyway, I think we won the contact area against the Boks as well so yeah....we're keen on contact.

Well, your players are. :)

T

tucker

Yeah fair enough bad example, it's not an ideal situation for Quade, and a smart comment is better niggle, but if it means that Richie takes his mind off the game and thinks about revenge even for just one play, then its probably worthwhile, Quade's value is in how he attracts defenders and therefore creates sapce for others. Interestingly, at about 30 minutes in Quade stops a richie mccaw pick and drive on the line, granted AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) did come in to help

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
For niggle - not full on manly fight starting - it was precisely the right time!

No penalty to give away and McCaw has no comeback. The whole point of niggle is getting under someone's skin and the very last thing McCaw gets as a losing memory in HK is Quade's little bitch-slap on him. To sit there festering in his dunny brush bonce like a little turd till at the very earliest, the back half of the S15.

Completely wrong. Learn the rules guys. He could quite easily have been penalised. And for what ? A pathetic John Hopoate type act of dickheadery. I think it says a lot about Quade's character, or lack thereof. I'm all for a "no dickheads" policy.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Hehe - this is exactly why it's called niggle, even has the forum kicking off.

I've only ever once seen someone in a top flight game pinged for post try niggle, and it was your (and my) hero Naza - big Cliffy in the S14 last year I think?.
Try - which he scored - still stood, I believe he got binned?

But in this case in HK - game well and truly over - what was the ref gonna do? Try still stands cos the niggle comes after it. No time left even to give the ABs a pen shot from the half-way line.

Someone got the rule book on this one?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
McCaw would want to get him back that instant, and would be more likely to rush out of the line or do something similarly thoughtless.

McCaw did rush up out of the line in the last few minutes but quade stepped him, he was obviously trying to level him

Also with the post try niggle it wasn't much, definetly not deserving of a penalty for the All blacks, h

Its good quade is responding to McCaw but I would prefer it to be in a big hit or by stepping him not giving him a small cheap shot at the end of the game

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
McCaw would want to get him back that instant, and would be more likely to rush out of the line or do something similarly thoughtless.

McCaw did rush up out of the line in the last few minutes but quade stepped him, he was obviously trying to level him

Also with the post try niggle it wasn't much, definetly not deserving of a penalty for the All blacks, h

Its good quade is responding to McCaw but I would prefer it to be in a big hit or by stepping him not giving him a small cheap shot at the end of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.