• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade Cooper and Summer Digressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Have changed the name of the thread. I should never have compared Coopers tackling ability with that of Naas Botha.

It will be nice to have a bit of digression on one thread for a few days so long as we get back to best forum practices in a while when the serious business starts.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Hey, it's the off season.

And it's better than talking about freakin laptops

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
If it comes to length of kick with an old wet leather ball Don Clarke was even longer than Gould or Curley IMO. He would be unbelievable with the modern ball.

I have been told that Pierre Villepreux from Frogland had a prodigious boot on him as well. Slightly after the Don Clarke vintage, mid - late 60's I believe.

kambah mick

Chris McKivat (8)
I can remember when I was a kid, Jim Lenehan was a superstar of the Riverina RU comp, and people would turn up just to watch his kicking and ferocious tackling. Beres Elwood of Cootamundra used to have big hitting competitions with him. Exciting times for a young fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.