• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade Cooper and Summer Digressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have no problem with what Quade did in both situations. We need to stop bending over and letting the ABs dish it out to us. Show a little agro, without going over the top. I don't think Quade's reactions are unreasonable in either situation. I also reckon Richie's tackle on JOC (James O'Connor) was late anyway, JOC (James O'Connor) was over the line. That was as much about Quade's reaction as anything.

McCaw more niggly than usual on Saturday?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Agree on the niggle from McCaw. Looked very much like Burger when pocock ate his lunch at the tackle as well

(see what I did there, and no votes for funniest poster, ffs)

T

TOCC

I have no problem with what Quade did in both situations. We need to stop bending over and letting the ABs dish it out to us. Show a little agro, without going over the top. I don't think Quade's reactions are unreasonable in either situation. I also reckon Richie's tackle on JOC (James O'Connor) was late anyway, JOC (James O'Connor) was over the line. That was as much about Quade's reaction as anything.

McCaw more niggly than usual on Saturday?

if Quade had of reacted like he did purely over the arguable lateness of the Richie McCaws tackle on James O'Connor, then yes i would have said it was unecessary, as Richie did have potential chance of stopping a try, however there was obviously a accumulative effect of it all.

I agree with you RugbyReg, agro is good, especially towards Richie McCaw who allegedly bends the rules(take it to the other thread) and makes it hard to play cleanly.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, watching it again, it wasn't as late as I remembered. I thought it was a late flop.

Still, I don't mind.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think it's good to remind Richie he was beaten that night. But he is going to come back bigger and better, so I would watch out Quade Cooper next time.

nathan

Watty Friend (18)
There also seems to be another niggle before the try was scored - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPZszd1B66Y (1.26-1.31)

McCaw appeared to go in late and high around O'Connor. In the process, Quade arrived and grappled McCaw around the neck and threw him to the ground in the tackle momentum. Richie then when in late again after O'Connor scored the try...and Quade had another go.

Searsy

Herbert Moran (7)
I do recall our previous great fly half being always the first to get involved in a brouhaha. I certainly don't mind a bit of that at all as long as he doesn't carry on like a cat pumper.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm glad Rocky was standing there...

I don't mind a bit of niggle (I don't mind it at all), but that was a bit arrogant and Quade needs to watch it so he doesn't have important decisions awarded against him...

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I have noticed through my amateur sporting career, that as good players age, some of them have the tendency to start playing a bit dirty, to try and make up for that bit of speed or strength they have lost, and try and keep one up on the young pups.

Just saying.....

M

Mojoman

Quade Cooper is Australia's answer to Carlos Spencer. Enigma, flawed genius, show pony, confidence player..you get the drift.

On their day sublime but inherently flawed because of their penchant for doing the fancy shit. Like Cooper I always thought Spencer would've made a better League player except neither of them can tackle. At least some time in League will force Cooper to learn how to tackle.

Spencer was infuriating to watch over his career @ both Blues and AB's. He did some magical stuff but unfortunately will be forever remembered for throwing "that pass" during the RWC semi in 2003.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I remember it. Mortlock ran right toward me behind the other goal posts.

Funny thing was: the neutral Pom contingent started singing "Sweet Chariot". Maybe they knew something then - that they wouldn't have to play the Blacks should they win their semi against France the following day.

As for Spencer and Cooper - agreed on their league attributes, but they would hide them on the wing, like the Wallabies did sometimes in Honkers with QC (Quade Cooper).

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
There was more than a bit of niggle on the weekend and McCaw was involved in most of it, as either the instigator or the victim. Quade would do well to get on with playing good footy and not getting to swinging handbags with the opposition openside. There will only be one winner there. At the same time, nothing wrong with mongrel from our blokes. We always get told its what we lack, so a bit of hardness aint a bad thing. So long as it stays within boundaries.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Spencer was infuriating to watch over his career @ both Blues and AB's. He did some magical stuff but unfortunately will be forever remembered for throwing "that pass" during the RWC semi in 2003.

Which pass?

[image]Stirling Mortlock - 2003 Intercept.jpg[/image]

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
There wasn't anything in it but Quade needs to tone it down a bit and worry more about his own game.
Hopefully Rocky schooled him in the sheds after the game.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Spencer was a quality player but sometimes he couldn't take a hint, (raining, pack on the back foot, him not having a great game anyway), and just played expansive rugby anyway. Good on him for the attitude because it was always entertaining to watch

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I do recall our previous great fly half being always the first to get involved in a brouhaha. I certainly don't mind a bit of that at all as long as he doesn't carry on like a cat pumper.

But our last great fly half didn't run away immediately afterwards. He stuck around for the consequences.

I don't mind our players putting it to the ABs, showing mongrel etc. What I don't like is having a crack at someone already on the ground when their back is turned, after you've scored the match winning try and then running away. If he wanted to have a fair crack at Ritchie he'd had 83 minutes before to do it.

If he's looking to play the tough guy, he could always try putting a decent tackle on someone. He shirks that type of contact but is happy to dish it out as long as the opposition isn't ready for it. That's not the kind of man I want in a Wallaby jersey.

Hopefully Elsom and others have had a word to him and he understands what is and isn't acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.