• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade Cooper and Summer Digressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

undercoverkiwi

I've really got to question whether Cooper is up to it mentally after his poor display tonight.

Under pressure he fell to pieces. Not for the first time either.
He doesn't get the concept of percentage football and takes unnecessary risks with bullshit behind the back stuff. This isn't Fijian 7s rugby.
I cannot recall a poorer defender for us, not since Campo in the amateur era. He is diabolical.
His behaviour is not Wallaby standard. I don't know if you caught the interaction with McCaw after O'Connor scored - I thought it was very poor form. The bloke is low class bogan scum. He is a flake.

Time to cull.

Pretty much all of New Zealand likes this post.

He's not up to it in my books. I've been watching on bemused at the hype the guy gets and awaiting the great Cooper implosion all year. Seems it's going to be less of a spectacular fail and more of a gradual decline.

Oh, and Hi.

U

undercoverkiwi

Oh, and the cheap shot on McCaw in HK? What a knob. Coming off the end of a 10-game losing streak, in a game where he missed about 240,000,000 tackles, to come up and give McCaw a clip while he's on the ground. If that sums the bloke up then you're welcome to him.

T

TOCC

Oh, and the cheap shot on McCaw in HK? What a knob. Coming off the end of a 10-game losing streak, in a game where he missed about 240,000,000 tackles, to come up and give McCaw a clip while he's on the ground. If that sums the bloke up then you're welcome to him.
Lol, sore loser

vidiot

John Solomon (38)

psssssst undercoverkiwi........ if you include kiwi in your 'handle' you're not really undercover

QC (Quade Cooper) is a mystery wrapped up in an enigma. On the one hand he is clearly a tool - and one of the bluntest tools in your grandad's garden shed.

On the other he is clearly the best 10 we have, even with his tackling 'prowess'. Without him, the wobblies backline looks like a bunch of teenagers who have drunk a bottle of butterscotch schnapps and then picked up a football for the first time. (Gits is the toolie in this scenario)

I enjoy watching him because he does things instinctively that are intrinsically beautiful.

The long flat passes 30m in either direction that appear on the chest of the hole runner at pace.

The soft hands picking up of the burgess pass at his feet or over his head without breaking stride.

The dance and skip committing two defenders then dropping the ball to the speed running off his shoulder.

The defense - well, you can't say it isn't..... fascinating, in the same way as you watch a geriatric driver at the shopping centre back into the car parked behind them and can't look away.

I for one find all this interesting in a way that sookface and the imposter pretending to be matt giteau bore me, so long may he reign at 10.

U

undercoverkiwi

psssssst undercoverkiwi........ if you include kiwi in your 'handle' you're not really undercover

QC (Quade Cooper) is a mystery wrapped up in an enigma. On the one hand he is clearly a tool - and one of the bluntest tools in your grandad's garden shed.

On the other he is clearly the best 10 we have, even with his tackling 'prowess'. Without him, the wobblies backline looks like a bunch of teenagers who have drunk a bottle of butterscotch schnapps and then picked up a football for the first time. (Gits is the toolie in this scenario)

I enjoy watching him because he does things instinctively that are intrinsically beautiful.

The long flat passes 30m in either direction that appear on the chest of the hole runner at pace.

The soft hands picking up of the burgess pass at his feet or over his head without breaking stride.

The dance and skip committing two defenders then dropping the ball to the speed running off his shoulder.

The defense - well, you can't say it isn't..... fascinating, in the same way as you watch a geriatric driver at the shopping centre back into the car parked behind them and can't look away.

I for one find all this interesting in a way that sookface and the imposter pretending to be matt giteau bore me, so long may he reign at 10.

Yeah, you rumbled me.

Don't get me wrong, the guy's got incredible talent but very much in a Super rugby way. And as England showed last week (indeed as New Zealand teams have showed at the last 240,000,000 World Cups) those sorts of players often go missing or become a liability in tight, physical matches. You need a guy that can do the boring, grinding stuff as well, cause the fancy sidesteps ain't going to win you a RWC semi or final when you're under the pump from a fired up team full of HEC veterans.

Of course my criticism is a bit moot if I can't suggest anyone better. It baffles me how Giteau has gone so badly downhill the last 12-18 months. While I'm a huge Barnes fan he's not the answer either. So fair play. Maybe Cooper can learn to tackle and control a game better, he's certainly got the kicking game in him.

Still a knob though.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Still a knob though.

Wasn't that Cooper "interaction" on McCaw in retaliation to something McCaw did earlier?

[video=youtube;TkDTkXuxr7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkDTkXuxr7Q[/video]

Not excusing QC (Quade Cooper) here but both guys were knobs that night.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Yeah, you rumbled me.

Don't get me wrong, the guy's got incredible talent but very much in a Super rugby way. And as England showed last week (indeed as New Zealand teams have showed at the last 240,000,000 World Cups) those sorts of players often go missing or become a liability in tight, physical matches.

He clearly has gone through 'the system' on the back of his ability with the ball in hand, and he has been good enough that the defense issue hasn't mattered. At Super level he still got away with it, and thats partly because Link was pragmatic enough to structure the Reds defense to allow for it. I agree that in a tough physical game at international level that is going to be hard, and he doesn't inspire as a guy that is going to find composure in that context.

Young Ashton on Sat night would probably got another two tries if Cooper'd been rolled out to that wing to defend, though you could argue he wouldn't have gone any worse than O'Connor did that night.

I thought Barnes was going to be it, and that Giteau was 'the shit' but that has not been how it has evolved. Maybe under the next coach.....

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Wasn't that Cooper "interaction" on McCaw in retaliation to something McCaw did earlier?

Not excusing QC (Quade Cooper) here but both guys were knobs that night.

That's funny but when i look at that, I don't see Sir Richie do anything wrong.He gets cleaned out deluxe by QC (Quade Cooper), then QC (Quade Cooper) runs right up to him standing over him like he owns him. Richie pushes/flicks him away with his foot. NO WAY was it a kick or a cheap shot at QC (Quade Cooper). It was more a dismissive action. If QC (Quade Cooper) didn't like it, he had ample opportunity to deal with it then.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
That's funny but when i look at that, I don't see Sir Richie do anything wrong.He gets cleaned out deluxe by QC (Quade Cooper), then QC (Quade Cooper) runs right up to him standing over him like he owns him. Richie pushes/flicks him away with his foot. NO WAY was it a kick or a cheap shot at QC (Quade Cooper). It was more a dismissive action. If QC (Quade Cooper) didn't like it, he had ample opportunity to deal with it then.

What a strange post.

Pushing or flicking someone away with the boot is precisely as catlike as Quade's head-slap at the end of the game.

If you don't see then then you only have one eye.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)

Yeah - these are the things that have to be offset against his defensive failures and in the end you have to weigh them up. Last weekend they didn't weigh enough because his forwards (and the Poms) didn't give him enough of an opportunity. Yet against the same side a few months ago in Perth he won the game in a moment or two of brilliance.

He is an enigma as you say. Another one is that he was a strong front on defender at school - or at least, for Qld Schools.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Pushing or flicking someone away with the boot is precisely as catlike as Quade's head-slap at the end of the game.

You could see why Cooper did it. Both actions were reprehensible but were small beer in the rough and tumble of test rugby.

The inexcusable thing was that Cooper could have generated a penalty from the 50 metre line after JOC (James O'Connor)'s conversion notwithstanding that official time was up. All it needed was a report from an officious AR. The Duck could have redeemed an unhappy display by slotting the 50 metre goal and won the game - and started 50 years of Kiwi crowing - if kiwis can crow.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You could see why Cooper did it. Both actions were reprehensible but were small beer in the rough and tumble of test rugby.

The inexcusable thing was that Cooper could have generated a penalty from the 50 metre line after JOC (James O'Connor)'s conversion notwithstanding that official time was up. All it needed was a report from an officious AR. The Duck could have redeemed an unhappy display by slotting the 50 metre goal and won the game - and started 50 years of Kiwi crowing - if kiwis can crow.
I think they go " Eeeeerrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh, eeeeerrrggggghhhhhh", which is the sound of a small flightless bird clearing a nasty bit of foliage from its throat...or trying to.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

You can take the boy out of NZ, but you can't............you know how it goes.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Did you all miss Cooper's little kick on Richie's bum just before McCaw retaliates? Talking about one-eyedness

U

undercoverkiwi

Yeah, gotta say I don't see a lot in it, but then I would say that.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Hmm. Looking at the Spatwatch video in super slomo, it appears as it QC (Quade Cooper) may have contacted Sir Richie in the buttock area momentarily before The Knight of the Darkness Strikes Back (Could be a film title in that ...)

Like many things that Sir Richie does on the field, it was subtle and blatant at the same time, but not enough to get the ire of the officials. It obviously had the desired effect on the target, as it took our QC (Quade Cooper) until the end of the game to get his further retaliation.

The final act by QC (Quade Cooper) was a real dumbarse thing to do. You could not mount a cause and effect, action/reaction/counteraction argument for QC (Quade Cooper) that time, as you could for the lovers tiff in act one of the Spatwatch tape. In act two of Spatwatch, QC (Quade Cooper) went out of his way to physicalise (is that a word - It is my George Bush moment) his emotions. I could see no evidence of provocation from Sir Richie on this occasion which could be used in QC (Quade Cooper)'s defence.

What is wrong with a George Gregan "four more years" quote, or a Kearnsy style reminder that the impending conversion would result in a two point victory to the Men in Gold?

QC (Quade Cooper) is a young and naive man in a very tough and hyper critical world who needs some maturing real quick, otherwise he will become (more of?) a laughing stock and embarrassment. It would be so much better to remember him for his offensive magic with the ball in hand, than for his character and behavioural flaws.

Time will ultimately reveal all, and QC (Quade Cooper) is in charge of what history will record about him.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)

and the 'Matador' kicking style - which is clearly the inspiration for his tackiling technique.

WELCOME undercoverkiwi !

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Welcome, undercoverkiwi.
(Maybe he's actually a Saffer, pretending to be a Kiwi, in some sort of cunning stunt?)

Status
Not open for further replies.