• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

GooseStepSteven

Frank Row (1)
State High vs Nudgee will be one for the ages, with over 5,000 estimated spectators. Honestly, I don’t know how Nudgee will hold up against State High’s size and individual talent, with the whole squad filled with star players like Suilepa, Picot and Langi. Nudgee certainly are the favourites but we’ve seen what happened last year with a much more underdeveloped State High team. Also heard that State High is bringing their fair share of support, Nudgee will certainly have their army there but this State High squad thrives being the underdog. Pressure makes diamonds lads. I’m already getting visions of Roman throwing around Charlie O’Connell like a dog with his chewtoy (if he can find him amongst the blades of grass). Hard to see how a prestigious millionaire squad like Nudgee can lose to a public school but I’ve got State High at Ross in one of the best GPS games of the century,

G.S.S

Ringer From the Top End

Allen Oxlade (6)
With this weeks upcoming 'Grand Final' set to take place between NC and BSHS, It make me wonder, when was the last time a Grand Final Like this with two unbeaten teams took place in the GPS comp.
Would have to be the 2018 Ross Oval GF between NC and TSS. Best schoolboy match that's ever happened IMO. And nudgee stepped up in that game, so don't be surprised if they do it again.
What's gonna be the matchup of the day?
I reckon it'll be the two Number 4's Eli Langi and Kaspowiszc
Or the two Outside centres

Sole Smasher

Bob McCowan (2)
With all due respect, how does everyone think the nudgee 2nds would go if they got put in the 1st comp

Last edited:

midas

Frank Nicholson (4)
Some useless information to make Saturday interesting

Premiership status-

1st XV
winner take all NC vs BSHS

2nd XV
NC guaranteed minimum joint premiership
NC beat BSHS undefeated premiership season
BBC win vs TGS and NC lose to BSHS, joint premiership for NC and BBC

3rd XV
NC premiership

16A
NC leading at the moment with 1 loss
BBC and BSHS with 1 draw and 1 loss
NC win vs BSHS, NC premiership
BSHS win vs NC and BBC lose vs TGS, BSHS premiership
NC lose and BBC beat TGS joint premiership to BBC and BSHS

15A
NC premiership
NC win vs BSHS, undefeated season

14A
NC guaranteed minimum joint premiership
NC leading at the moment undefeated
BSHS 1 loss
GT 1 loss
NC win vs BSHS, undefeated premiership NC
BSHS win, 2 way joint premiership NC and BSHS
NC lose and GT win vs IGS, 3 way joint premiership NC, BSHS and GT

13A
winner take all NC vs BSHS

12A
NC premiership

I reserve the right to have all this information wrong

Last edited:

Terrance brunkhaust

Bob McCowan (2)
It was a great shame to see that the young and talented Bas Stonely out for the rest of the season. ive heard something about a shoulder surgery, which doesn't sound too great... It's a real loss for that BGS 2's team, as one of their standout players is out. However, a big off-season for him is going to make him a real weapon. 2025 loading...

TB out!

midas

Frank Nicholson (4)
I could be incorrect but there is a reason there is no tables for anyone but the 1st XV. I think that is the only team that plays for a premiership?
Sorry should have put an asterisk for all other teams after First XV.

You seriously think the boys don’t look at a ‘premiership’ in their year level?

Taipan168

Dave Cowper (27)
Screenshot_20240903_111156_Samsung Internet.jpg

It was a great shame to see that the young and talented Bas Stonely out for the rest of the season. ive heard something about a shoulder surgery, which doesn't sound too great... It's a real loss for that BGS 2's team, as one of their standout players is out. However, a big off-season for him is going to make him a real weapon. 2025 loading...

TB out!
The BGS 2s looked very lost without him against IGS