• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Round Predictions

BBC Vs NC- Game of the round will be a absolute battle on Miskin but I have BBC winning 21-17 in a very tight one.
BSHS Vs GT- BSHS on there old boys day 1 win away from the "grand final" I think they win this for sure 38-12.
BGS Vs IGS- I've got IGS winning by a hefty amount felt they have been extremely unlucky this year and have been close every game 40-10
TSS Vs ACGS- I feel this might be a interesting game maybe close, I have TSS taking it though 28-21
3/4 On wins and losses, but my score predictions were not good enough.

The Bull

Peter Burge (5)
Enjoyed watching the club grand final on the Tele yesterday. I thought they would have mentioned two undefeated teams teams facing off next Saturday , but no, nothing said. A day like this is such a wonderful platform for rugby promotion.
ARU ,QRU where are you?

Ringer From the Top End

Allen Oxlade (6)
Enjoyed watching the club grand final on the Tele yesterday. I thought they would have mentioned two undefeated teams teams facing off next Saturday , but no, nothing said. A day like this is such a wonderful platform for rugby promotion.
ARU ,QRU where are you?
100%, this game needs promotion. Same with Terrace Nudgee and other big games. The kids all want to play in front of big crowds so you may as well make it happen. Hopefully state high get some numbers out there, because to be honest for a Hyped up State High day on the weekend, I thought there would've been more supporters. Nudgee will bring the whole school so hopefully state high can match it.

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
100%, this game needs promotion. Same with Terrace Nudgee and other big games. The kids all want to play in front of big crowds so you may as well make it happen. Hopefully state high get some numbers out there, because to be honest for a Hyped up State High day on the weekend, I thought there would've been more supporters. Nudgee will bring the whole school so hopefully state high can match it.
Agree Mate, the “statey supporters” as they refer themselves, need to buy up numbers on Saturday to create a true grand final atmosphere. The kids have over 3500 kids so might as well take advantage of it. Apparently the spirit from the boys and girls who do show up is pretty good.... interesting to see countless supporters shirtless in body paint as I remember even at NC in '97 this wasn't allowed. They've got the quality just need the quantity.....

Last edited:

beachrugby_45

Frank Row (1)
Terrace do not do this, but I can confirm countless other schools do this, but there is nothing wrong with it considering it happens all the way up, if these boys want to continue with their footy they might need to be able to receive some booing.
Terrace do it. I was at the Nudgee game and they did it, I was sat next to some older terrace oldboys and they told me that the terrace boys have booed the kicker on multiple occasions

The Blin6side

Darby Loudon (17)
Terrace do it. I was at the Nudgee game and they did it, I was sat next to some older terrace oldboys and they told me that the terrace boys have booed the kicker on multiple occasions
Is it a surprise though? It’s the biggest game on their calendar… I remember watching the O'Callaghan in my day, and the chirp said to the kicker was alot worse than todays game. @Daniel Koalins I have no clue what you mean by the GT boys not screaming or whistling during the oppositions kicks, it’s schoolboy footy of course it’s going to happen. No need to lie mate…

The Blin6side

Darby Loudon (17)
I only know 9 Nudgee reps.
Congratulations on making Qld squad.
Pardon my spelling, if incorrect.

1. Aiden Luke
2. Os Van Velthuizen
3. James Hannan
4. Harry Bate
5. Pierre Poluleuligaga
6. Tom Bayo
7. Harrison McIver
8. Jack Burton
9. Bond Bradley
All those players are u16? I think trotting duck is referring to the u15s…

Daniel Koalins

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey does anyone know what happened to the player, or which player it was that went down and left in an ambulance at the start of the BBC vs NC game. Looked pretty serious

stateytilidie

Frank Row (1)
The prophecy has been foretold, fate has been written. This Saturday the 7th of September will forever be known as the fall of Rome. History books will forever describe the massacre of the Nudgee first XV by the hands of BSHS. The cannons will be aimed, the catapults drawn, the walls of Rome will be reduced to rubble and State High will place the flag on the ashes of Ross Oval and claim the final victory.

The battle will rage on as Nudgee will slowly be reduced to silence and then to solemn tears. Statey will raise the trophy and Nudgee will be reminded of their 18-17 loss on the colloseum in 2023. But now the colloseum has been defended, and Statey march upon the drawbridge of rome, not leaving without victory.

State High 2024 Premiers.

Taipan168

Dave Cowper (27)
U/15 Nudgee reps
Congratulations on making the Qld squad.

1. Joseph Keke
2.Hugo Vulkovich
3. Oliver Smith
4. Poasa Logovva
5. Tom Gibb
6. Levi Flen
7. Joshua Andrews
8. Mana Toia
9. Tane Crampton
10. Kingston Hall
11. Marcus Grehan

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
Don’t know why we are all arguing… every school does it… it’s schoolboy footy and I’m sure if you asked any 1st XV player if they’ve been chirped from the sideline in any game they’ve played they would say yes. It’s just part of the fun IMO.

The Occasional Fly Half

Bob McCowan (2)
I would contest the chirp has got a little more pointed in recent seasons. With social media (a blessing and a curse), providing a rich vein of material for the content, I have heard quite a bit of personal stuff that we could all do without. In fact, you can hear quite a bit on some of the broadcasts this year about certain players. I think it is part and parcel of high level rugby - and definitely a necessary evil for the 'known' players - but it would be great if it were a touch more general.

Last edited:

Themaulmarauder

Stan Wickham (3)
With this weeks upcoming 'Grand Final' set to take place between NC and BSHS, It make me wonder, when was the last time a Grand Final Like this with two unbeaten teams took place in the GPS comp.