• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
Heard rumours of Suilepa's dad abusing a terrace boy. If that is true he should be banned from attending GPS games. Go the Bear next week, State High display no sportsmanship. I can see where Roman gets his ego from. Hope the Kefu coaches have a talk to their boys ahead of the thumping they are gonna receive next week at ross. Have fun losing by 50 Statey.
Heard rumours of - FFS mate seriously all this hearsay shit personal attacks should be banned.

I’m not going to sook and shitcan schools who have just beaten my side like others on this forum (mainly Terrace supporters) because they have had such a crap season. Nudgee are a great side and a terrific rugby school they towelled BBC today and congratulations to their programme for doing so.

Im hoping it’ll be a great game next week and the best team will win.

sucks to suck but dont shitcan people on this forum based on hearsay.

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can you provide details of what resources they put in and how it is more than Nudgee?
There was a Couriermail story a few years back that said a huge number of students at the school are not fee paying students and mostly on rugby scholarships.

“An investigation by The Courier-Mail can reveal about 400 out of 1100 students in the senior school are on scholarships, including almost half the Year 12 cohort, mostly for rugby.”

Good on BBC for investing into rugby, I’m all for it, and I commend it, but the constant jibes at Nudgee whenever they win, and when they have a handful of targeted rugby scholarships makes me laugh when it comes from schools like BBC, Churchie etc who are heavily invested into their rugby programmes.

Nudgee don’t need to rely on scholarships for rugby as they have natural gravity for people wanting to be involved in the programme there and that’s been the case for much of its history.

Nudgee won every game today including putting on a cricket score against BBC’s top side because they have a school full of kids who love rugby. You can’t just buy a culture like that but BBC is a very good rugby school now and I hope it continues investing into the sport.

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
There was a Couriermail story a few years back that said a huge number of students at the school are not fee paying students and mostly on rugby scholarships.

“An investigation by The Courier-Mail can reveal about 400 out of 1100 students in the senior school are on scholarships, including almost half the Year 12 cohort, mostly for rugby.”

Good on BBC for investing into rugby, I’m all for it, and I commend it, but the constant jibes at Nudgee whenever they win, and when they have a handful of targeted rugby scholarships makes me laugh when it comes from schools like BBC, Churchie etc who are heavily invested into their rugby programmes.

Nudgee don’t need to rely on scholarships for rugby as they have natural gravity for people wanting to be involved in the programme there and that’s been the case for much of its history.

Nudgee won every game today including putting on a cricket score against BBC’s top side because they have a school full of kids who love rugby. You can’t just buy a culture like that but BBC is a very good rugby school now and I hope it continues investing into the sport.
You’re unreal mate you believe in hearsay and courier Mail - focus and try read then understand the article again, if you believe it I can only assume have intellectual challenges.

That articles just the biggest load of crap. Have you any idea how much it would costt to run a school those numbers are uncommercial.

By the way I have only ever complimented Nudgee Rugby - I they have an unreal rugby programme and are a great all round school.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
You’re unreal mate you believe in hearsay and courier Mail - focus and try read then understand the article again, if you believe it I can only assume have intellectual challenges.

That articles just the biggest load of crap. Have you any idea how much it would costt to run a school those numbers are uncommercial.

By the way I have only ever complimented Nudgee Rugby - I they have an unreal rugby programme and are a great all round school.
I agree with you to an extent but to solo out Nudgee without any mentions to the incredible programs of Churchie, TSS and other schools I don't agree with. Churchie and TSS have been highly dominant over the past decade in producing teams, without an inflation of scholarships.

To only solo out Nudgee is criminal, I agree they have an outstanding program. But to come after schools like Gregory Terrace especially there supporters is also not a fair statement. There have been many occasions across the GPS over the past couple of years in which drama has happened on game day, I've seen many occasions in which BBC and NC supporters have been quite over the top, causing huge dilemmas.

All I'm saying is this is schoolboy footy. A competition built on competition and hard work but we must remember these are still kids. Bickering over such stupid issues doesn't fit into this forum, let alone the GPS competition.

Great round of games today
Haven't got around to watching them all except GT V BSHS, told yous Nudgee would be too strong. Feel sorry for grammar but they have talent just need some forward power to go along with the rest. Nudgee will win next week, at Ross, their attack shape will be too much for state high's defence. State high will finally meet their match in size and be shocked.

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
just watched BSHS V GT and GT certainly accounted for themselves well. BSHS looked a bit uninterested like they have more important business to attend to. They got the win but GT Tried hard.

Also if you want to watch a great Wingers Try - Watch Will Bloxham's try 26th minute in TSS V Churchie - He was obviously channeling the "JUNK YARD DOG" . Magnificent footwork and speed to burn! Both Churchie wingers have been potent this year. I am unsure if they are both back again next year, but the current team is stacked with year 10 and 11's so I am expecting big things next year.

IGS 38 - BGS 30 - seems a close one?

Brian O’Driscoll

Herbert Moran (7)
The parents and supporters at BBC are feral. They whinged about every penalty that went against them today. In the 3rds a BBC player punched an opposition player which started a brawl. BBC then got a red card and the BBC parents and supporters clapped him from the field. Absolutely appalling behaviour.

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
The parents and supporters at BBC are feral. They whinged about every penalty that went against them today. In the 3rds a BBC player punched an opposition player which started a brawl. BBC then got a red card and the BBC parents and supporters clapped him from the field. Absolutely appalling behaviour.
I just love generalisations.

I am clearly a BBC supporter and was at 16a/2nds and firsts today.

I clapped loud and proud for either schools tries and good play.

I sat in the stand with Nudgee and BBC parents - we all positively interacted there was none of that going on - not saying it didn’t happen in 3rds but don’t call out a school over an incident which would be wrong but it sounds like a generalisation to me.

Shoutout to the Nudgee 2nds coach, I was sitting nearby and heard his half time chat - calm, composed and clever even though they were behind on scoreboard - it was all about discipline and playing for each other. Very much what bbc 1sts half time talk was about.

Brian O’Driscoll

Herbert Moran (7)
I just love generalisations.

I am clearly a BBC supporter and was at 16a/2nds and firsts today.

I clapped loud and proud for either schools tries and good play.

I sat in the stand with Nudgee and BBC parents - we all positively interacted there was none of that going on - not saying it didn’t happen in 3rds but don’t call out a school over an incident which would be wrong but it sounds like a generalisation to me.

Shoutout to the Nudgee 2nds coach, I was sitting nearby and heard his half time chat - calm, composed and clever even though they were behind on scoreboard - it was all about discipline and playing for each other. Very much what bbc 1sts half time talk was about.
You must have been sitting nowhere near where I was sitting because it happened. More so in the earlier games rather than 1sts & 2nds. All schools do it but today was some of the worst I’ve seen in the last couple of years.

Taipan168

Dave Cowper (27)
20240831_113234.jpg

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)

I agree with most of the stuff your saying… But just a quick question, is your new favourite word hearsay?

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)

I love seeing the import ‘powerhouses’ of the GPS argue with eachother, pretending like they both don’t have Rugby ‘schloarships’ playing Bs footy… It’s definitely not a bad thing. Bringing in talent from all around Aus, and even NZ makes the GPS thrive. With saying this, can BBC and NC Old boys/Students stop arguing about this, when neither one of them will win the debate because they are both as bad as eachother…

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)

I’m not trying to single BBC out here, because it’s prevalent with NC etc aswell. But there a boys playing Bs footy, who happen to be on rugby scholarships… Meaning this 400 might have some truth to it, yet it is almost definitely exaggerated… But that brings up the question, by how much is it exaggerated by? Could it be 399 or JUST 200? Any figure above 40, is still very shocking to me, especially when you look at any other school in the GPS.

jordansiulepa

Frank Row (1)
Heard rumours of Suilepa's dad abusing a terrace boy. If that is true he should be banned from attending GPS games. Go the Bear next week, State High display no sportsmanship. I can see where Roman gets his ego from. Hope the Kefu coaches have a talk to their boys ahead of the thumping they are gonna receive next week at ross. Have fun losing by 50 Statey.
I don’t usually care for forums like this or people like yourselves who choose to comment on schoolboy rugby like little fan girls, but seen as my fathers received a lovely tag in I’ll be the first to tell you, if a big 6’3 Samoan man collard a poor little white GT boy, there would’ve been cops left right + centre ready to press charges + my father wouldve been kicked from the grounds believe that.

Seen as that wasn’t the case though, I can assure you whoever your source was that spread those lies needs to either check their facts or tell their little precious son to harden the f up. If you wanna yell big boy comebacks + have banter with Roman on the field while you ride the bleachers, go for Gold. Roman can handle his own — but once you mention any members of our family, be sure to check your surroundings first, because WE will confront you + as my father did in this instance, tell you to shut the f up. I find it super bold that young men choose to say whatever they want, talk big boy chat again… from the sidelines — then absolutely shit themselves when confronted. Whoever that GT youth was, I hope you enjoyed heckling, but let that be a lesson to you. Watch your mouth, because there will be people that check you + put you in your place (without the need of physical force).

Oh and about Romans ego, he doesn’t get that from his dad, he got that from all the hard work + effort he’s put into his game play earning him the right to trash talk + back it up.

Jordan SIULEPA