• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
What a mammoth effort from GT. Nearly took down the soon to be premiers BSHS. Only down 7, on their line giving away a penalty which ruined their chances. What a game, top performer goes to Saia Poese, George Hales and Xavier Coorey (debut). Suilepa was shut down completely. Only scored one average pick and go try.
Great day of footy
Fill in 22 Murphy was the MOTM IMO, some great hits, especially for his size, and he filled the spot perfectly after a full game in the seconds I believe. Really unfortunate to see S.Mcgahan out again, especially before his last round of GPS footy.

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
College in fact did not come.
Congrats to the Romans they were all class and played the best game plan by far. Forwards were great and backs were better.

BBC lost in the areas of discipline possession (zero respect for ball) and lineouts yet again.

forwards were pretty good but tackling in backs out wide very average - that said Conway etc bloody good.

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
I’ve heard talks that after the game the GT ‘youth’, chirped a BSHS player… And either an uncle or father of the player, grabbed the boy by the collar, and said a threat… Not on. If you can’t bear the noise of your son being insulted, even after they won, GROW UP.
Seriously your going to bag a school on a forum because hearsay - shut it down I’m sure there’s two sides and yours is hearsay

LawsonCreightonFan

Stan Wickham (3)
Really great sportsmanship shown by the BSHS players, and supporters to the GT crowd… NOT.
I am afraid I have to say the same. I was out there for the GT v BSHS games today and may have seen some of the worst sportsmanship I've ever seen at a round of GPS footy. Just a quick point I want to make about GT once again showing their depth with the GT 2nds and 4ths coming up with wins against BSHS 2nds and 3rds respectively. The 4th vs. 3rd game really says it all about my thoughts for this round. GT's halfback seemed tp be everywhere, with apt kicking throughout the game and fantastic ball to his forwards and 10 all capped off with a brilliant quick tap try to win the game, he really did it all out there. But in what was a fantastic game of footy the BSHS boys had to find a way to ruin it. 1 yellow and 2 reds is simply unacceptable and I'd certainly hope that someone had a word to the boys there about their actions. It was particularly bad as the BSHS 10 decided he would take it upon himself to openly bad mouth the referee after the conclusion of the game resulting in him being sent from the field. Still, I am sure GT as a collective unit from 1-4ths will walk away with their heads held high with all 3 #9's having brilliant games, especially the 4ths boy I mentioned.
Cheers,
LCF

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Ted Fahey (11)
Really great sportsmanship shown by the BSHS players, and supporters to the GT crowd… NOT.
Heard rumours of Suilepa's dad abusing a terrace boy. If that is true he should be banned from attending GPS games. Go the Bear next week, State High display no sportsmanship. I can see where Roman gets his ego from. Hope the Kefu coaches have a talk to their boys ahead of the thumping they are gonna receive next week at ross. Have fun losing by 50 Statey.