• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
My “Quick Tips” of the week - currently on work break so don’t have time as usual

Nudgee vs BBC
GT vs BSHS
IGS
vs BGS
TSS vs ACGS

Game of the round - NC vs BBC - BBC will look not as strong in the scrum without Clifford but will have more spirit in them IMO. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, this game will be won in the second half.

Let me know your opinions team,
Cheers.

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
If your serious here mate, God Bless… Me and my family will be praying for you. To answer your question GT have called up Xavier ‘Cooza’ Coorey at #1. NC vs BBC, is shaping up to be a massive game. And for me personally TGS vs DC, is going to be a battle for the ages…

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
All the best mate - positive thoughts and determination will help the journey.

Highlanders and Romans teams looks similar to last week.

Based on last week I have some hope for BBC but understandably in the minority there. Their fitness looks good, forwards run with incredible leg drive and have great a very talented run on bench. Nudgee are Nudgee, always strong and hard to beat.

The school that drops too much ball, gives away penalties and fades in last quarter will lose.

Sorry but I can’t see terrace beating the Roman inspired state high team.

all the best mate

HarryHits

Stan Wickham (3)
Anyone know how likely GPS games are to get cancelled/postponed due to the Extremley hot forecasts for this round.
I believe the GPS rule is if temps reach over 35 on Saturday games must be cancelled.
Can I get some clarification on this?
IMG_6850.png

Think extra breaks are being implemented and increased sub rotations

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Cheers mate - talked to contacts and believe the rules are:
26-30 degrees is mandatory water breaks at 1/4 and 3/4 time
31-35 degrees is 10 minute reduction in game time to less than 60 mintues (for 1sts)
36+ degrees is game cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
Are we about to witness the “fall of Rome”.

It is beginning to be a scorcher here in Brisbane and the big question is how it will impact NC v BBC. I think BBC look the fitter team of individuals and to use a clever kicking game to turn around Nudgee forwards in this heat maybe the difference. Bbc strength and conditioning program on their athletic young team, look second to none but dont under estimate nudgee.

Nudgee coaching staff who I don’t underestimate seemed to give the Nudgee 15 a very long pre-season against the likes of Barker and other southern and nz style schools. This afternoon, that pre season will either help them with the stamina needed to go 70 minutes or hurt them knowing they are still only schoolboys and they used all their reserves playing tough games at the beginning of the season , rather than preserving for 36 degree games against premiership hopefuls BBC ….. and a BSHS game just 7 days later. Time will tell.

Even the great roman gladiators of Nudgee may have met their “asterix and obelix” in BBC and BSHS. So when Julius Ceaser turns to me and says with the knife between his shoulder blades- “ Et tu Brutus - who will win” I would reply yes Julius Bbc 21-NC 14. Water anyone?

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
GPS live streaming might be even more incompetent than the ARU. The Nudgee BBC match shows the game at State high, so no coverage of a blue ribbon event. What is wrong with these complete morons that they can’t do they very basics of their job. Does anyone know who to contact about this as week after week they stuff things up. Australian rugby organisation is dire.