• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
Might be so but not rated as being a top rugby school

I'll have you know that BGS has produced 8 more wallabies than NC has mate. Watch yourself.

Firstly that's not true, and Nudgee has put on many more Wallabies in the last 30 years, Grammar put on many in the early part of their history, the Nudgee boys mostly went back to the bush in their early history and many stars didn't go on in those days, and secondly Nudgee has won 44 Premierships and have produced 100s of Australian school boy reps v a handful from Grammar, not to mention how many Super Rugby teams and European and Japanese teams are full of NC Old Boys. I believe Grammar lost all games against Nudgee this year and also last year and their 1st XV have only won 1 or two games on Ross in the last 50 or years.

The success at Nudgee in rugby attracts rugby talent. The success at Grammar at exams attracts exam focused kids.

HarryHits

Stan Wickham (3)
I believe there is only two measurements of how good a school is at rugby historically:
PREMIERSHIPS
WALLABIES PRODUCED
Nudgee has way more premierships, but Grammar has more Wallabies. Split evenly and based off 2012 gimme BGS as the better program
Except on any list of worlds best rugby schools grammar isn’t listed. Nor do coaches around the world come to spend time looking at their program.

Goodmorning Daniel, hope you slept well.

The Draw is
BBC vs NC (Miskin)
GT vs BSHS (Fursden)
IGS vs BGS (Main Oval @ IGS)
TSS vs ACGS (Shark Tank)

TGS vs DLC (O’Callaghan Cup at DLC I believe)
Your correct cyclist
O' Callaghan Cup is at Downlands and what a cracker this is gonna be. I still remember heading up to Downlands Main Field to play for the mighty U15 A's back in the day for nudgee and it's just a tough field to play on. We actually got beaten that day, fair dues to the Downlands boys they were the better team on the day. They ended up beating every single GPS team that year in U15A. Pretty special.

Just have received inside intel Lucas Clifford/ Pitbull(BBC) is not starting or even on the bench. I REPEAT PITTY IS NOT PLAYING, BBC are just wasting there talent it's like they don't want to win all of there scrums and win a premiership what is happening at the College?
That's ridiculous. How does the kid go from starting against Grammar 2 weeks ago to being an ordinary 2nds player. That's the problem with schoolboy footy. It will only fuel the fire for this kid, don't be surprised if your a BBC boarder and hear Pitty running at 4am tmrw morning.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Just have received inside intel Lucas Clifford/ Pitbull(BBC) is not starting or even on the bench. I REPEAT PITTY IS NOT PLAYING, BBC are just wasting there talent it's like they don't want to win all of there scrums and win a premiership what is happening at the College?
BBC are basically handing the premiership to the mighty bears at this point.....

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Huge weekended fellas,
Predictions??
Round Predictions

BBC Vs NC- Game of the round will be a absolute battle on Miskin but I have BBC winning 21-17 in a very tight one.
BSHS Vs GT- BSHS on there old boys day 1 win away from the "grand final" I think they win this for sure 38-12.
BGS Vs IGS- I've got IGS winning by a hefty amount felt they have been extremely unlucky this year and have been close every game 40-10
TSS Vs ACGS- I feel this might be a interesting game maybe close, I have TSS taking it though 28-21

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Your correct cyclist
O' Callaghan Cup is at Downlands and what a cracker this is gonna be. I still remember heading up to Downlands Main Field to play for the mighty U15 A's back in the day for nudgee and it's just a tough field to play on. We actually got beaten that day, fair dues to the Downlands boys they were the better team on the day. They ended up beating every single GPS team that year in U15A. Pretty special.
Cheers Ringer,
Downlands are looking mighty strong this year with strong showing against some 1sts and 2nd/16A's teams with extremely strong scorelines when compared to other years. I'm picking the DLC upset with a strong home crowd this year - they might not have depth in their program but boy do their firsts know how to play some good footy.