• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Cheers Ringer,
Downlands are looking mighty strong this year with strong showing against some 1sts and 2nd/16A's teams with extremely strong scorelines when compared to other years. I'm picking the DLC upset with a strong home crowd this year - they might not have depth in their program but boy do their firsts know how to play some good footy.
Just a little insight into the minds of the Downlanders this weekend. Worth a watch, great video. I think I'll be heading up to Toowoomba instead of the GPS fixture games. Might head back in to catch the last 20mins of BBC Nudgee.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Just a little insight into the minds of the Downlanders this weekend. Worth a watch, great video. I think I'll be heading up to Toowoomba instead of the GPS fixture games. Might head back in to catch the last 20mins of BBC Nudgee.
Great Watch this is. You can tell this round is different with the DLC boys on the 75th anniversary... I smell a big upset coming. Might have to join you up there as DLC is directly on the way to Yuleba as I'm carrying an oversize out west this weekend.

Great Watch this is. You can tell this round is different with the DLC boys on the 75th anniversary... I smell a big upset coming. Might have to join you up there as DLC is directly on the way to Yuleba as I'm carrying an oversize out west this weekend.
Sounds Good I have to go watch the grandson play rugby league in Dirranbandi early Saturday Morning so should get in Toowoomba for the game.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Ted Fahey (11)
Hey Gents,
My tips for this weekend:

ACGS V TSS - Still no news on pritchard playing. However, this is Churchie's final game as they have been handed a bye in round 9 this year. Once again it is as simple as no pritchard, no win. TSS will dominate in the backs, picking on Underwood in the backfield with Ingram's perfect midfield bombs. (TSS 34 - ACGS 19)

BBC V NC - Nudgee are not losing this game, not in a million years. Do you really think NC will give up the chance at a 45th premiership by losing to BBC. Yeh nup, didn't think so. BBC are good, but NC are great. (NC 41 - BBC 24)

BSHS V GT - As much as i would love to see GT get the win and spoil Statey's party, i can't see them getting over the hump without their captain Samuel Mcgahan. Whilst his replacement Max Murphy has been more than capable, something just seems to be missing for GT. Suilepa looks to have another field day, but Nasser will be there to stop him. i think this is a closer affair than most fans would think, but BSHS will not lose with a chance to go to Ross next week in a GF. (BSHS 31 - GT 22)

IGS V BGS - Ipswich are the most underrated team in the competition. They have in my opinion the best backline in the comp and lots of capable forwards. BGS are a lost cause and haven't shown much fight at all this year, other than the GT game which held a lot of significance for them. This will be a cake walk for IGS. I predict they breach 50, and Murgha scores 3. (IGS 54 - BGS 12)

TGS V DC - Downlands will win in an upset, and number 8 is man of the match. One of the best players i have seen coming through DC since Grealy. (DC 21 - TGS 19)

Cheers

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Ted Fahey (11)
Also, a look ahead to next year:
GREGORY TERRACE'S DRAW FOR 2025 1STXV WITH MY PREDICTION ON THE RESULT (W OR L)
Round 1: IGS (W)
Round 2: BBC (W)
Round 3: TSS (L)
Round 4: BGS (W)
Round 5: ACGS (W)
Round 6: TGS (W)
Round 7: Bye
Round 8: BSHS (W)
Round 9: NC (W)

The Occasional Fly Half

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey Gents,
My tips for this weekend:

ACGS V TSS - Still no news on pritchard playing. However, this is Churchie's final game as they have been handed a bye in round 9 this year. Once again it is as simple as no pritchard, no win. TSS will dominate in the backs, picking on Underwood in the backfield with Ingram's perfect midfield bombs. (TSS 34 - ACGS 19)

BBC V NC - Nudgee are not losing this game, not in a million years. Do you really think NC will give up the chance at a 45th premiership by losing to BBC. Yeh nup, didn't think so. BBC are good, but NC are great. (NC 41 - BBC 24)

BSHS V GT - As much as i would love to see GT get the win and spoil Statey's party, i can't see them getting over the hump without their captain Samuel Mcgahan. Whilst his replacement Max Murphy has been more than capable, something just seems to be missing for GT. Suilepa looks to have another field day, but Nasser will be there to stop him. i think this is a closer affair than most fans would think, but BSHS will not lose with a chance to go to Ross next week in a GF. (BSHS 31 - GT 22)

IGS V BGS - Ipswich are the most underrated team in the competition. They have in my opinion the best backline in the comp and lots of capable forwards. BGS are a lost cause and haven't shown much fight at all this year, other than the GT game which held a lot of significance for them. This will be a cake walk for IGS. I predict they breach 50, and Murgha scores 3. (IGS 54 - BGS 12)

TGS V DC - Downlands will win in an upset, and number 8 is man of the match. One of the best players i have seen coming through DC since Grealy. (DC 21 - TGS 19)

Cheers
I like these tips Jacko. I am not convinced on the NC vs BBC, but we have been discussing that all week and it will be a super game. I think that one will be closer. At their best, BBC might pull it off.

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Rise and Rise of the Roman Empire

BSHS Vs GT- It should be an easy one for the Brisbane State but don't underestimate the resistance from the Spring Hill flank of the Roman Empire. I'm going to stick with the State even though I would love to see a boil over from the Gazans. State by 7.

BGS Vs IGS- The First Grammar school for the win. Ipswich are a top team and just as good as the top few teams this year. 40 or more.

TSS Vs ACGS- Southport haven't fired much this season which is surprising. It might be a Churchie fishing expedition in the Shark and Blue Bottle Tank. Churchie by 4.

BBC Vs NC

"The true contempt of an invader is shown by deeds of valour in the field" - Hermocrates

The Roman Empire will claim the 45th Premiership silverware on Saturday regardless of the deeds of valour from the 2Wong soldiers marching behind the bagpipes contemptuously towards the Roman invaders . Let's be very clear: this is a war on Miskin and the Roman Empire will take what is theirs.

Nudgee by 15 and leaving Miskin with one hand on their 45th Premiership title, and one hand on the Triple Crown held aloft from their golden chariot.

Last edited:

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
The Rise and Rise of the Roman Empire

BSHS Vs GT- It should be an easy one for the Brisbane State but don't underestimate the resistance from the Spring Hill flank of the Roman Empire. I'm going to stick with the State even though I would love to see a boil over from the Gazans. State by 7.

BGS Vs IGS- The First Grammar school for the win. Ipswich are a top team and just as good as the top few teams this year. 40 or more.

TSS Vs ACGS- Southport haven't fired much this season which is surprising. It might be a Churchie fishing expedition in the Shark and Blue Bottle Tank. Churchie by 4.

BBC Vs NC

"The true contempt of an invader is shown by deeds of valour in the field" - Hermocrates

The Roman Empire will claim the 45th Premiership silverware on Saturday regardless of the deeds of valour from the 2Wong soldiers marching behind the bagpipes contemptuously towards the Roman invaders . Let's be very clear: this is a war on Miskin and the Roman Empire will take what is theirs.

Nudgee by 15 and leaving Miskin with their 45th Premiership title, and the Triple Crown held aloft from their golden chariot.
Sofit are you Compus Mentis? Should we call you Soyoyo as your so up and down. Less than a week ago you declared Nudgee doomed.

Regardless, it will hopefully be a great match - the straw hats have the ability but can they put it together on the day.

HIGHLANDERS 17- ROMANS 12

Attachments

• IMG_7757.png
    IMG_7757.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 40

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
You bet.

If you read more precisely you will note I said that the Romans will not win if they play like they did during parts of the first half when they let in some easy tries. It will be a cracker and Nudgee will need to be on their game for every 1 of the 70 minutes in order to defeat the Landers.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Sofit are you Compus Mentis? Should we call you Soyoyo as your so up and down. Less than a week ago you declared Nudgee doomed.

Regardless, it will hopefully be a great match - the straw hats have the ability but can they put it together on the day.

HIGHLANDERS 17- ROMANS 12
Oracle… more like the detective. Personally I see Nudgee pulling a classic second half runaway. If you’ve seen there for and against in the 1st and 2nd halves that’s where you know they kick into 6th gear. Personally I reckon this game doesn’t start until that second half whistle

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Anyone know how likely GPS games are to get cancelled/postponed due to the Extremley hot forecasts for this round.
I believe the GPS rule is if temps reach over 35 on Saturday games must be cancelled.
Can I get some clarification on this?

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
Oracle… more like the detective. Personally I see Nudgee pulling a classic second half runaway. If you’ve seen there for and against in the 1st and 2nd halves that’s where you know they kick into 6th gear. Personally I reckon this game doesn’t start until that second half whistle

I think all of Nudgee's games so far this season have started a few minutes either side of half time but I think they need to start a bit better this time. 2-Wong College have a lot to play for i.e. if the Roman's defeat the invading State at Gallipoli the following weekend, which is of course a realistic possibility, then BBC will share the spoils albeit a 2nd shared Premiership for them out of their 3 Premiership titles. Some patience and discipline will come into this. I'm a little worried about the choice of referees also over the course of the next two weeks.