• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
First of all - Thanks to the staff for reopening the forum. We all appreciate it.

Secondly, I would now like to drop my tips for this week.

TGS vs GT - GIVE ME THE LADS FROM THE RANGE!
I was leaning towards GT all week, even with the injury of Connor Clifford (#12), but now with playmaker 10 S. McGahan out with an apparent shoulder injury, I feel the team will be too erratic and disorganised to beat a TGS team who should have increased confidence after a strong winning against BGS.

IGS vs TSS - GIVE ME THE WESTERN LADS FROM THE SWISH
This is most definitely an underdog pick for this weekend, but I can see the boys from Ipswich come in front as a dark horse with this one in front of a strong home crowd. Ipswich have been itching for a win this season, and with close games against heavyweights BBC and BSHS I can see them pulling in front this game, especially with the leadership of Tyson Walker, who has been playing out of his skin this season

BSHS vs ACGS - GIMMIE GIMMIE THE STATEY BOYS
Personally, I see State High coming away relatively easily this season, especially with the size of the crowds they have been having. BSHS are a strong outfit and with Roman looking to stay the season I see them going all the way into round 9

BBC vs BGS - GIVE ME THE 4066 MERCHANTS
Although Grammar have looked stronger than usual this season, I see BBC coming away relatively easily this season, especially with their stronger scrums due to the inclusion of L. Clifford in the starting line-up. Frank Howarth Anytime.

As always, I would love to hear everyone's opinions on these tips and remember, they are just an opinion.

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)
Good morning gentleman,

It's good to be back. Let's hope the chat stays open and we stay on topic about GPS rugby. What are everyone's thoughts leading into round 6 this week (teams, predictions)?

Cheers,

FG
Hey FG,

For the upcoming GPS Rugby fixtures on Saturday, my predictions are shaping up to suggest a competitive round.

Toowoomba Grammar School (TGS) is expected to secure a victory against Gregory Terrace (GT) with a margin of 10 points.

Ipswich Grammar School (IGS) is anticipated to edge out The Southport School (TSS) in a closely contested match, winning by 4 points.

Brisbane State High School (BSHS) appears to be the favorite against Anglican Church Grammar School (ACGS), with predictions indicating a convincing 15-point win.

Finally, Brisbane Grammar School (BGS) is likely to clinch a narrow victory over Brisbane Boys' College (BBC), with a predicted 2-point margin.

Nevertheless an exiting round of footy ahead of us. See you guys on Saturday!

-Cheers DB

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
First of all - Thanks to the staff for reopening the forum. We all appreciate it.

I was leaning towards GT all week, even with the injury of Connor Clifford (#12), but now with playmaker 10 S. McGahan out with an apparent shoulder injury, I feel the team will be too erratic and disorganised to beat a TGS team who should have increased confidence after a strong winning against BGS.

This is most definitely an underdog pick for this weekend, but I can see the boys from Ipswich come in front as a dark horse with this one in front of a strong home crowd. Ipswich have been itching for a win this season, and with close games against heavyweights BBC and BSHS I can see them pulling in front this game, especially with the leadership of Tyson Walker, who has been playing out of his skin this season

Personally, I see State High coming away relatively easily this season, especially with the size of the crowds they have been having. BSHS are a strong outfit and with Roman looking to stay the season I see them going all the way into round 9

Although Grammar have looked stronger than usual this season, I see BBC coming away relatively easily this season, especially with their stronger scrums due to the inclusion of L. Clifford in the starting line-up. Frank Howarth Anytime.

As always, I would love to hear everyone's opinions on these tips and remember, they are just an opinion.
What about the donwlands game????

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)

@TheRugbyCyclist loving these picks, IGS have been a force to reckon with and I believe this week it will most definitely show. The strength and speed of their backline, as well as the impressive kicking game from Walker these boys have a fighting shot. BSHS Vs ACGS will be a cracker of a game in my opinion, these Churchie boys have shown up this season. My main observation this season is the lack of teams going the distance in the game, obviously Nudgee are very strong with playing a full 70 minutes but Churchie are as well. I back your pick but I'm voting this game of the round.

Guan Syun

Banned
Hey FG,

For the upcoming GPS Rugby fixtures on Saturday, my predictions are shaping up to suggest a competitive round.

Toowoomba Grammar School (TGS) is expected to secure a victory against Gregory Terrace (GT) with a margin of 10 points.

Ipswich Grammar School (IGS) is anticipated to edge out The Southport School (TSS) in a closely contested match, winning by 4 points.

Brisbane State High School (BSHS) appears to be the favorite against Anglican Church Grammar School (ACGS), with predictions indicating a convincing 15-point win.

Finally, Brisbane Grammar School (BGS) is likely to clinch a narrow victory over Brisbane Boys' College (BBC), with a predicted 2-point margin.

-Cheers DB
Don't mind these tips DB, however I don't see it with IGS, TSS going to be too strong and win by 10+. Couple of changes to the BGS side should be exciting to watch, hopefully makes it a close game.

-G.S

LawsonCreightonFan

Stan Wickham (3)
Hey FG,

-Cheers DB
Jeez mate whats telling you that BGS will get the win over BBC this weekend?

The Blin6side

Darby Loudon (17)
Just making a post here about families in the GPS. IMO the Clifford/Alexander (First Cousins) family has to be the most dominant IMO. With, J. Alexander (BBC2023), N. Clifford (GT2023), C. Clifford (GT2024-2025), C. Alexander (BBC2024-2025), B. Clifford (GT2018) and finally L. Clifford (BBX2024)… Not sure if Lucas is a direct first cousin to the Clifford/Alexander bloodline. If you got any information on this let me know.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
With the GPS being plagued with injury right now, who has been the biggest loss to their team?
Churchie obviously have had a tough season in terms of injury with T. Pritchard missing over 50% of matches, however GT has had a different staring 15 every week. And this week its the worst there's been with C. Clifford (12), S. McGahan (10) and R. Mcgrath (5).

-QTT

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
What about the donwlands game????
Thanks for the reminder - should've put this in

I'm picking Downlands firsts. They have been constantly underestimated by the GPS and although their depth is just not there yet within their program as a whole, with their performance against GT, the scoreline reflects they can go all the way against the NC 2's, especially as the NC 2's have not looked as strong as usual this season. Hopefully Chrione, Richardson, etc can pull through with some magic but i see DC being too strong in this fixture, especially as NC are playing away.

Bigboppa2

Peter Burge (5)
Hey Mate,

I know you are quite knew to the forum however it is against the schoolboy forum rules to talk about scholarships. There is a zero tolerance according to moderators. However you are all good as you obviously didnt know.
Oh I didn't know.

How come there is a forum specifically for scholarships then?

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hey @Quick_Tap_Tony good to see you back in the chat, you a real og. Keen to hear your ideas about this weekend's fixtures.

Cheers,

FG
Cheers Guru for the kind words. I always enjoy posting quality content to fellow forumers.

My Tips For this Week:

GT +3
BSHS +10
TSS +7
BBC +12

I haven't been quite as prepared as previous weeks due to the lockout however if anyone wants an explanation feel free. Please don't attack me as well as these are predictions.

-QTT