• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
@Bulldozer Bill @JohnSmith7676 you boys joined early morning today and respectively you have each posted at least 20 messages. Not one of those comments were valuable input towards the 2024 GPS Rugby season. Last time it was a BBC hoser who had it ruined for us now its you BGS boys. Save the chat for the bus ride home this afternoon.
Agreed the Admin won't hesitate to do it again. I was dragged down with the nonsense last time and I don't want to see it happen again. Don't ruin our forum.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Moving on from this type of chat… Who has been the most dominant player from the schools outside of Brisbane? Meaning Ipswich, Toowoomba and Southport.
My Vote is Tom Goldie (TSS). One of the best pills in the comp and knows his way around a scrum and ruck. Has a great boxy too. He has also been a key in defence putting good shots on throughout the season.

footybaby

Sydney Middleton (9)
What I have noticed through this season is that the BBC Scrum has been quite dominant, especially after adding Lucas Clifford/ The Pitbull I feel they have been even more dominant i've said it before but will say again this kid has the best work rate and passion I have ever seen in the GPS

Ethan Caldwell

Bob McCowan (2)
@Bulldozer Bill @JohnSmith7676 you boys joined early morning today and respectively you have each posted at least 20 messages. Not one of those comments were valuable input towards the 2024 GPS Rugby season. Last time it was a BBC hoser who had it ruined for us now its you BGS boys. Save the chat for the bus ride home this afternoon.
Cheers @Get em onside for sticking up for the forum, hopefully, we can remove the people causing havoc and get back to talking GPS footy

Thanks Again
E.C

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
What I have noticed through this season is that the BBC Scrum has been quite dominant, especially after adding Lucas Clifford/ The Pitbull I feel they have been even more dominant i've said it before but will say again this kid has the best work rate and passion I have ever seen in the GPS
Love this take, Clifford truly the epitome of hard work pays off. Warmed my heart to finally see him get the starting spot, especially after seeing him fix up the late game BBC scrums when coming off the bench.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Sydney Middleton (9)
Anybody
When scrolling through this forum now I am thinking where have the veterans gone, all I see are Bo Mcowan's and Frank Row's like come on.
I don't want to say this but FB I totally agree, I was away from the forum for about two hours and i saw about 80 new post and none of them were about footy. They were all young students taking shots at there mates they are sitting next to at the lunch table. Stop treating this as a joke. The QLD GPS forum already has a bad name for itself across G&G. The past two weeks were great. Not much quantity but great quality. So Stop now all you day one users or you will be permantly banned. You see all the veterans posting good content about GPS footy every once a while but not every minute.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Sydney Middleton (9)
For all the New Kids These are the rules of the Schoolboy Forum according to the Founding Fathers of G&G.

1. Don't use an anonymous / masking proxy. If you have to use one for work, get permission from admins first.

2. Everyone with 50 posts needs an avatar, or a terribly amusing one will be supplied by the moderators.

3. If you get banned from another forum, feel free to whinge about it ONCE. This is your right of reply that has been denied by virtue of not being able to post any more. But don't go on about it. All forums have good and bad points. Except the Colosseum.

4. Some non-English is permitted here, in moderation. We Australians are a tolerant, open-mided people who would like to learn more about the backward cultures of the world.

5. Don't overuse the quote function. Usually it is quite clear what you are responding to. If you do use the quote function, edit out irrelevant text, leaving just the bit you are responding to. This helps make the forum tidier and the pages load more quickly.

6. Play the ball not the man. Personal comments will be deleted. If you notice that your posts or sections of posts are getting deleted, please take the message. Only a complete knob jockey resorts to personal insults anyway.

7. No selling stuff without a moderator's approval. If you are regular poster, this will be no problem.

8. Don't start a new thread when you could logically add to an existing thread. Starting a new thread on a special or hot topic is fine, but not every thought you have needs its own thread. Just think twice about it, OK?

9. If another poster does not understand or agree with your point after 3 or 4 attempts, LET IT GO, WALK AWAY. It is very boring for other posters when the thread gets hijacked by two people having an argument. Let this be your guide:

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
For all the New Kids These are the rules of the Schoolboy Forum according to the Founding Fathers of G&G.
Just to add to this, these are the cases for banning:

• Off topic posts (Warn, 0 pts)
  • Lift your game (0 Points)
  • Off topic posts (Warn, 1 point)
  • Racially Offensive Post (Warn)
  • Play the ball, not the man - towards public figure (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Talking up your mates (Warn)
  • Play the ball, not the man - towards fellow forum member (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Speak respectfully about Schoolboy rugby players (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Discussing off field behaviour in schoolboy threads (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Discussing imports/NTS/Politics/Pappa in wrong thread (Warn)
  • Being an annoying troll (Ban)
  • Lacking the maturity required to add value to G&GR community (Ban)
  • Racially Offensive Post (Ban)
  • Oxygen Thief (Permanent Ban)

Donald Brick

Stan Wickham (3)
Moving on from this type of chat… Who has been the most dominant player from the schools outside of Brisbane? Meaning Ipswich, Toowoomba and Southport.
B6,

Looking at players from these schools one that stands out to me is Shannon Simpson (IGS). He possesses many desirable physical traits, with his speed, strength and step the major standout to me.

- Cheers DB

Quick_Tap_Tony

Sydney Middleton (9)
Just to add to this, these are the cases for banning:

• Off topic posts (Warn, 0 pts)
  • Lift your game (0 Points)
  • Off topic posts (Warn, 1 point)
  • Racially Offensive Post (Warn)
  • Play the ball, not the man - towards public figure (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Talking up your mates (Warn)
  • Play the ball, not the man - towards fellow forum member (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Speak respectfully about Schoolboy rugby players (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Discussing off field behaviour in schoolboy threads (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Discussing imports/NTS/Politics/Pappa in wrong thread (Warn)
  • Being an annoying troll (Ban)
  • Lacking the maturity required to add value to G&GR community (Ban)
  • Racially Offensive Post (Ban)
  • Oxygen Thief (Permanent Ban)
Cheers Tikka senior members such as yourself are taking initiative and really helping the cause. However that will be my last comment on the topic of the new BGS boys.

QTT Question of the Day:

Would 2024 BSHS be able to beat the 2016 BSHS team. If so please drop your score predictions. Two of the most exciting teams to watch in the past years.

-QTT

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
Thanks for setting the standard of not what we wan't, but what is required.

I am aware that a few 'schoolboys' are having a crack at us older blokes, but it is great to see that Quick_Tap_Tony is taking the blow for us.

Regards,
Bill
Bill, let's cut it out. You were already found to be a 14-year-old schoolboy a few hours ago. The gig is up...

ballover9

Frank Row (1)
Hey guys Ball lover 9 here:) just giving my thoughts on some players in the GPS

I have been enjoying watching the GPS comp for many years and i have had the privilege to meet the great "Bas Stoneley" the up and coming number 15 for BGS currently playing in the seconds competition, i think he has a very promising future ahead of him with his kicks and his dominate left shoulder tackles. If he keeps up with the hard work and as long as he stays out of the partys and off the piss, he should be a amazing addition to the grammar team

Signing out BL9

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
Cheers Tikka senior members such as yourself are taking initiative and really helping the cause. However that will be my last comment on the topic of the new BGS boys.

QTT Question of the Day:

Would 2024 BSHS be able to beat the 2016 BSHS team. If so please drop your score predictions. Two of the most exciting teams to watch in the past years.

-QTT
AHH a tough pick, not to badmouth the 2024 BSHS team but 2016 was just another level. All schools played some great quality rugby and It might be one of the years with the most players to go on and play professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.