• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
My personal take is that by the time RD9 comes, it won't be a grand final. This competition will end up being a shared premiership, I don't think any of these teams is good enough to go undefeated. The likes of Terrace, TGS, ACGS, can easily spoil some parties and make some major upsets. I think by round 9 it will decide who is sharing the premiership rather then who is going to win it stand alone
Interesting take, my dark horses of this season are IGS and GT personally, they have seemed to be able to show up against teams much bigger and more favoured and always put up a good fight.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
IGS have already lost to both statey and nudgee
You are correct, but don't tell me the didn't put up a good fight against heavyweights BSHS and BBC (2 point margins), although they weren't too competitive against NC. Maybe dark horse was the wrong call as they have already come up against the 'Big 3' this year.

Get em onside

Bob McCowan (2)
100% @TheRugbyCyclist IGS are a top teir team that can certainly compete, they have some great players who just love to work. Shoutout to their front row. But as of right now the competition has been cut down to two teams Statey and Nudgee. For the rest of the teams it's about who will be able to spoil their party and get a win. Nudgee Still have BBC/TGS and State High still have GT. The comp will be a shared prem

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
100% @TheRugbyCyclist IGS are a top teir team that can certainly compete, they have some great players who just love to work. Shoutout to their front row. But as of right now the competition has been cut down to two teams Statey and Nudgee. For the rest of the teams it's about who will be able to spoil their party and get a win. Nudgee Still have BBC/TGS and State High still have GT. The comp will be a shared prem
I agree here, Nudgee have shown that they aren't always perfect, and on a bad day their party can easily be spoiled. Maybe its just the love for schoolboy footy and NC old boy in me that craves for a grand final game. Haven't had a round 9 thriller like that in years.

Daniel Koalins

Allen Oxlade (6)
Courier Mail TOTW
1. Kingsley Uys (TSS)
2. John Grenfall (NC)
3. Levi Slater (NC)
4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Eli Langi (BSHS)
6. Jack Randall (BBC)
7. Nate Wines (GT)
8. George Ward (ACGS)
9. Sam Watson (NC)
10. Iliesa Baravilala (TGS)
11. Angus Tagicakibau (BSHS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Kilarney Lavender (TSS)
14. Nick Conway (NC)
15. Elijah Breen (BGS)

Thoughts?

In my opion Joe Mcgahan the number 15 for Terrace should have been named

Donald Brick

Stan Wickham (3)
Courier Mail TOTW
1. Kingsley Uys (TSS)
2. John Grenfall (NC)
3. Levi Slater (NC)
4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Eli Langi (BSHS)
6. Jack Randall (BBC)
7. Nate Wines (GT)
8. George Ward (ACGS)
9. Sam Watson (NC)
10. Iliesa Baravilala (TGS)
11. Angus Tagicakibau (BSHS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Kilarney Lavender (TSS)
14. Nick Conway (NC)
15. Elijah Breen (BGS)

Thoughts?

In my opion Joe Mcgahan the number 15 for Terrace should have been named

DK,

Really think they got the team of the week bang on, i think Elijah Breen (BGS) was a good pick. If you watch the grammar games you can clearly see how Elijah Dictates the game with his kicking (AFL Background i would presume), he also possesses an underrated step and ability to break a line, for his size (very small) is very impressive which is why he has probably been picked two weeks in a row.

-Cheers DB

Ethan Caldwell

Bob McCowan (2)
DK,

Really think they got the team of the week bang on, i think Elijah Breen (BGS) was a good pick. If you watch the grammar games you can clearly see how Elijah Dictates the game with his kicking (AFL Background i would presume), he also possesses an underrated step and ability to break a line, for his size (very small) is very impressive which is why he has probably been picked two weeks in a row.

-Cheers DB
DB,
I could not agree with you more, the way he controls the game through his kicking talent and manages to break the line with his silky step is a true credit to his talent proving his place in the TOTW for two weeks in a row.

Cheers EC

Timmy_G6

Frank Row (1)
DK,

-Cheers DB
DB,

Wonderful opinion here, very much agreed. In his second year of First VI rugby with another to come, Year 11 Elijah Breen (BGS) has gained valuable experience over most in the competition, playing both flyhalf and fullback. With a young group of elite players currently in the team, I am excited to see how BGS will shape up in 2025.

- TG6

Donald Brick

Stan Wickham (3)
DB,

Wonderful opinion here, very much agreed. In his second year of First VI rugby with another to come, Year 11 Elijah Breen (BGS) has gained valuable experience over most in the competition, playing both flyhalf and fullback. With a young group of elite players currently in the team, I am excited to see how BGS will shape up in 2025.

- TG6
TG,

His footwork was a spectacle on the weekend I'm glad someone see's the same as me. Elijah certainly has a huge future ahead of him.

-Cheers DB

JohnSmith7676

Bob McCowan (2)
Oi, Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage, you’re like a coaching manual—outdated, repetitive, and only good for putting people to sleep. You’ve got more baggage than a travelling circus, but hey, at least your second marriage knows how to stick around longer than your game plan!

Guan Syun

Stan Wickham (3)
Hey gents,

Through the opening rounds who has been some underrated players in your opinions. Mostly looking for players from the bottom 4 in the ladder that may have not been able to get the recognition they deserve.

Regards, G.S

Status
Not open for further replies.