• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guan Syun

Stan Wickham (3)
Ah, mate, reckon we’ve got a few unsung heroes kicking around down there in the muck of the bottom 4. You know, the kind of blokes who are busting their guts, but no one's really giving them a pat on the back. Like, take old mate from the back of the pack, he's been slogging away like a trooper, not flashy but gets the job done. Or that quiet achiever who’s like the engine room of the team, making all the right moves but flying under the radar. They’re the kind of legends who don't get the spotlight but sure as hell keep the wheels turning.

cheers,
BB
Hey Dozer,
Could you provide some names please + a short description

Timmy_G6

Frank Row (1)
Hey gents,

Through the opening rounds who has been some underrated players in your opinions. Mostly looking for players from the bottom 4 in the ladder that may have not been able to get the recognition they deserve.

Regards, G.S
G.S,

May I say, young Saia Poese (GT) has been thrilling to watch in these last three rounds. He bends the line every time he gets ball in hand and has played a pivotal asset in GT's success this season. If anybody has got any further information or opinions on this young gentleman I would love to hear.

-TG

IppyRanger

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey TRC,

I was at the game of the grammars (TGS vs BGS) and was thrilled to see the result TGS got after there close match in pre-season. Being a TGSOB (79') I was watching our own players closely; however, the BGS hooker stood out to me. Timothy Allport i believe his name is, was giving it his all out on the field. With his non-stop work rate, consistent bullet line out throws, and keeping his head up through a tough game. I'm not one to dish out compliments to the opposition that much, but i can see young Tim being the next Stephen Moore. Might i add that the kid is in year 10 and playing in the front row of a very tough first 15 comp.

-Cheers TB
Not sure what line outs you were watching. Ethan Ramsay from TGS single handily destroyed the BGS line out. Won a half a dozen clean ball against the throw and disrupted just as many.

Guan Syun

Stan Wickham (3)
Not sure what line outs you were watching. Ethan Ramsay from TGS single handily destroyed the BGS line out. Won a half a dozen clean ball against the throw and disrupted just as many.
Aside from the hooker department, I though that while he had a limited number of minutes #20 off the bench for BGS (he plays 16A's) brought some impact which rattled the flow of the TGS pack. However, it was all too little too late after TGS piled on the points early on.

Cheers, G.S

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
Oracle, I don't understand your lunatic statement. The way you blabber with your "inside joke" rubbish is quite amusing. Only dribble in this forum is coming from your thread. Brisbane river flood watch is notified through the posting of your useless comment.
Cheers, FG.
Not cool guys, If I could direct you to Rule #6 of the "Rules of the Schoolboy Rugby Forum"

6. Play the ball not the man. Personal comments will be deleted. If you notice that your posts or sections of posts are getting deleted, please take the message. Only a complete knob jockey resorts to personal insults anyway.

@Oracle83 is a well-respected forumist here, and to see a few Frank Rows come here and berate him is just not on.

Keep it to the rugby and don't spread fake news.

Cheers,
TM_3000

RazorRamon

Frank Nicholson (4)
Please List your Team of The Weeks from last Saturday. Would love to see a range of perspectives. I will release mine tonight.

-QTT
1. Kingsley Uys (TSS)
2. John Grenfell (NC)
3. Levi Slater (NC)
4. Caleb Godfrey (ACGS)
5. Eli Langi (BSHS)
6. Nathaniel Wines (GT)
7. Gray O’Neil (BBC)
8. Oli Nasser (GT)
9. G. Hales (GT)
10. Seamus Boakes (BSHS)
11. Ben Burgess (GT)
12. Junior Latu (BSHS)
13. Kilarney Lavender (TSS)
14. Nick Conway (NC)
15. Angus Tagicakibau (BSHS)

Terrance brunkhaust

Frank Row (1)
Guys, what are your thoughts on the best number eight in the comp right now?
I understand this may come as a mind bobbling Question
Responding to @JohnSmith7676

I think its hard to go past the likes of Roman Siulepa (BSHS) and Dyer Akauola (BGS). Both game changers for there team and really bringing their A game to every Saturday afternoon. Special mention goes to Monty Watchirs, the younger brother of BGS legend Campbelle Watchirs for his brick wall defense and blinding speed in offense really helping his team rise to the occasion on the weekend.

Regards
TB

Guan Syun

Stan Wickham (3)
Courier Mail TOTW
1. Kingsley Uys (TSS)
2. John Grenfall (NC)
3. Levi Slater (NC)
4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Eli Langi (BSHS)
6. Jack Randall (BBC)
7. Nate Wines (GT)
8. George Ward (ACGS)
9. Sam Watson (NC)
10. Iliesa Baravilala (TGS)
11. Angus Tagicakibau (BSHS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
14. Nick Conway (NC)
15. Elijah Breen (BGS)

Thoughts?

In my opion Joe Mcgahan the number 15 for Terrace should have been named

Ah D.K,
While Mcgahan performed quite well, Breen was a standout in a losing BGS side. From the sideline it looked like Breen was playing a game of lunchtime touch football when he had the ball in hand, not scared to step and weave. Well deserved listing for Breen.

Yours truly, G.S

Guan Syun

Stan Wickham (3)
Avoiding the water hoses (just learnt what this meant), any one got their opinions on track champion Seth Kennedy, I know he has loads of pace but just wanted a perspective about him on the wing.

-G.S

Can anyone guve me a run down on the best coaches in the 2024 GPS completion because its one thing to import a bunch of scholarship, but it takes true skill to build a genuine school boy team up from the ground.

Yours truly,
DR22

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
Can anyone guve me a run down on the best coaches in the 2024 GPS completion because its one thing to import a bunch of scholarship, but it takes true skill to build a genuine school boy team up from the ground.

Yours truly,
DR22
Hey @Danno_Ritchie-Ruggers-22 Im not very well versed on the coaches but I will bring @TheRugbyCyclist to answer your question as he has a better knowledge on that than I do.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
1. Kingsley Uys (TSS)
2. John Grenfell (NC)
3. Levi Slater (NC)
4. Caleb Godfrey (ACGS)
5. Eli Langi (BSHS)
6. Nathaniel Wines (GT)
7. Gray O’Neil (BBC)
8. Oli Nasser (GT)
9. G. Hales (GT)
10. Seamus Boakes (BSHS)
11. Ben Burgess (GT)
12. Junior Latu (BSHS)
14. Nick Conway (NC)
15. Angus Tagicakibau (BSHS)
@RazorRamon who is Ben Burgess?

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey @Danno_Ritchie-Ruggers-22 Im not very well versed on the coaches but I will bring @TheRugbyCyclist to answer your question as he has a better knowledge on that than I do.
Hey @tikkamungrel_3000, thanks for the reccomendation
My top coaches of the season are as follows

1. Kefu Brothers (BSHS). These These former wallabies have taken the state high team effectivley from zeroes to heroes in the matter of one season. It's truly impressive how they have brought the team up to be a premiership contender this year
2. Andrew Scotney (NC). Not sure how long he has been in this role but clearly he knows how to play. Undefeated all season and premiership last year. Simple as that.
3. Kieran Moffat (IGS). Although IGS position in the ladder has not reflected it, Moffat has provided close scorelines with a somewhat under strength team this year. With better development, I can easily see IGS being a serious contender in the coming years.

Guan Syun

Stan Wickham (3)
Hey Gents,

Does anyone know of any GPS flankers that have caught their eye this season?

-TG
Hey T.G6, some flankers currently in year 11 have really caught my eye this season, and to think they still have another season to go is truly exciting for the future of Rugby Australia. The likes of Thomas Wood (ACGS) Lincoln Dalton (BGS) and Joey Gray (although year 12) (TGS) have been up their for me. Would like to gain insight from the prestigious Wing Whisperer on my take.

-G.S

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
@Bulldozer Bill @JohnSmith7676 you boys joined early morning today and respectively you have each posted at least 20 messages. Not one of those comments were valuable input towards the 2024 GPS Rugby season. Last time it was a BBC hoser who had it ruined for us now its you BGS boys. Save the chat for the bus ride home this afternoon.
Thanks for sticking up for the forum mate. Good to see other forumists sticking up for the intergrity of the GPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.