• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Cheers Guru for the kind words. I always enjoy posting quality content to fellow forumers.

My Tips For this Week:

GT +3
BSHS +10
TSS +7
BBC +12

I haven't been quite as prepared as previous weeks due to the lockout however if anyone wants an explanation feel free. Please don't attack me as well as these are predictions.

-QTT
Would love an explanation considering GT injuries.

Bigboppa2

Peter Burge (5)
Just a topic

What position is the most
Cheers Guru for the kind words. I always enjoy posting quality content to fellow forumers.

My Tips For this Week:

GT +3
BSHS +10
TSS +7
BBC +12

I haven't been quite as prepared as previous weeks due to the lockout however if anyone wants an explanation feel free. Please don't attack me as well as these are predictions.

-QTT
Great to here from you again @Quick_Tap_Tony.
However could you elaborate on your first pick - GT to win without 10 McGahan?

Bigboppa2

Peter Burge (5)
Hey QTT thanks for sharing your thoughts on this week's game. Couldn't agree more with them but I think the BBC and grammar game will be a little closer by 8+ points considering grammar has made a couple of changes with the inclusion of an u16s hooker being added to the 1st line up this week, Jed Siganto. I have heard many great things about Jed this week and hopefully he lives up to the expectation, I'm keen to watch this young man play this weekend. For me the game I am looking forward to the most is the BSHS vs Churchie. I am keen to see what Roman will do against a strong side and will give a good insight into what the top of the table clash will be in round 9 against nudgee.

Cheers,

FG
Yes the introduction of Jed Siganto will give them some more mobility in the pack and hopefully a more dominant lineout.
Though I'm not to sure how strong their scrum will hold up. So for me it will end up BBC up by 9.

Nut and Bolt

Stan Wickham (3)
Don't think they have the depth, they struggle to even put B teams on the pitch. Plus historical reasons of course, the GPS being very historically strict and based on tradition.
Not sure you can just come in and play rugby in the GPS comps. Might have to bring a little more than that. etc Cricket, Basketball, soccer and swimming just to name a few.

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey QTT thanks for sharing your thoughts on this week's game. Couldn't agree more with them but I think the BBC and grammar game will be a little closer by 8+ points considering grammar has made a couple of changes with the inclusion of an u16s hooker being added to the 1st line up this week, Jed Siganto. I have heard many great things about Jed this week and hopefully he lives up to the expectation, I'm keen to watch this young man play this weekend. For me the game I am looking forward to the most is the BSHS vs Churchie. I am keen to see what Roman will do against a strong side and will give a good insight into what the top of the table clash will be in round 9 against nudgee.

Cheers,

FG
Really Well Put here FG,

Hopefully young Jed Can put in a good performance haven't seen him play yet but i have heard big things from some of the grammar faithful. I think this change will really be huge for grammar as the lack of depth, particularly in the tight 5 has been the downfall of the side, with this news I'm going to stick with my original take of a tight fought grammar win on miskin. With BSHS against ACGS i really think big Roman will have a field day with the low mobility of the ACGS forward pack. So BSHS will have no problems. Im really exited for the NC vs BSHS blockbuster in round 9.

- As always Cheers DB

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)
A Question For all Which match is gonna be the most exiting watch this weekend and why?

For me it has to be IGS vs TSS, Two good teams with players in scintillating form who have come off in tough losses in the last two weeks. Hopefully they will be fired up for some big hits!

-Cheers, DB

Bigboppa2

Peter Burge (5)
For me it has to be BBC BGS. I know this may not be a popular choice but these teams are going to come flying out with BGS looking for their first win and BBC hoping to gain a much needed boost into the later rounds. Anyone agree?

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Ward Prentice (10)
A Question For all Which match is gonna be the most exiting watch this weekend and why?

For me it has to be IGS vs TSS, Two good teams with players in scintillating form who have come off in tough losses in the last two weeks. Hopefully they will be fired up for some big hits!

-Cheers, DB
Oh my god you're so spot on, I love Ipswich. There's literally no one tougher than a born and raised boy from the swish.

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)
For me it has to be BBC BGS. I know this may not be a popular choice but these teams are going to come flying out with BGS looking for their first win and BBC hoping to gain a much needed boost into the later rounds. Anyone agree?
Spot on BB,

Was torn between the two fixtures gonna be a blinder of a fixture.

-Cheers, DB

Guan Syun

Banned
Lot of Love for BGS on the forum this week. Would love to hear everyone's justifications for the boys from spring hill getting up considering the two teams records. Just curious, that is all.
Hey Cyclist,

Big Eddie Willmott moves into the starting lock role. Eddie runs hard and hits hard, he knows footy. Excited for his debut.

Thanks again, Guan Syun (G.S)

The Bull

Peter Burge (5)
We need all schools to have a strong rugby program.Grammar are trying and I would like to see the stronger schools lend a hand to those who are not as strong.Rugby is the sport that can fill your home grandstand for a big game.