• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

From what i’ve heard most people are speculating on players such as Fletcher Austin, Miles Sullivan, Nick Conway, Ollie Nasser, Hugo Hart, Connor Clifford and George Hales. However, a player I believe who is clearly being ignored in these conversations is Joey Grice of Gregory Terrace. A newly added Northern Territory import in Gregory Terrace‘s system this year. Coming from Peppimenart, NT this country boy has some heart. A traditional inside centre possessing it all size, speed and ball playing. However, there have been talks that GT SuperCoach Adrian Thompson has been transforming this player it to a hard hitting number 11, much like Lomu. I’m extremely excited to see what this ringer from the top end has to off in this Queensland Comp. Mark my words he’s team of the season bound.
Read this mate.

RossOvalGrandstands

Stan Wickham (3)
Footyloverloverlover you seem to know quite a lot about Terrace's grade 11's how so? After all you are a nudgee old boy so I'm quite intrigued as to how you know all this information? Especially due to our boys having strict rules about keeping information disclosed....

Footyloverloverlover you seem to know quite a lot about Terrace's grade 11's how so? After all you are a nudgee old boy so I'm quite intrigued as to how you know all this information? Especially due to our boys having strict rules about keeping information disclosed....
Hey Mate, funny you try calling me out now, when I have wrote various reports on Chruchie, BBC etc. To answer your question one of my mate is heavily involved with the U16s and opens program. Not so sure what these strict regulations are, because all this information I have acquired has been given to me freely. Next time you try attacking me mate, have some better reasons.

RossOvalGrandstands

Stan Wickham (3)
Hey Mate, funny you try calling me out now, when I have wrote various reports on Chruchie, BBC etc. To answer your question one of my mate is heavily involved with the U16s and opens program. Not so sure what these strict regulations are, because all this information I have acquired has been given to me freely. Next time you try attacking me mate, have some better reasons.
I would hate to be mistaken here but I have been informed by numerous opens players I work closely with that your actually currently still at Gregory Terrace and in grade 11.... If I'm not mistaken your name is BG is that correct? This is getting ridiculous this forum is meant to be for serious conversation on GPS rugby not nonsense you and your little fellas bring. Please refrain you and your friends from typing absolute nonsense in this forum.

Wing whisperer

Bob McCowan (2)
I would hate to be mistaken here but I have been informed by numerous opens players I work closely with that your actually currently still at Gregory Terrace and in grade 11.... If I'm not mistaken your name is BG is that correct? This is getting ridiculous this forum is meant to be for serious conversation on GPS rugby not nonsense you and your little fellas bring. Please refrain you and your friends from typing absolute nonsense in this forum.
yep i thought something was up with footyloverloverlover. This forum was meant to be for gps old boys to get amongst the 2024 rugby season NOT year 11 students to infiltrate.

Big Pete

Frank Row (1)
Considering Siosai is in the 2nds as of right now don’t you think that shows how much depth the Gregory Terrace team has? It’s still trials mate I wouldn’t bag the Terrace’s recruitment just yet. Would love to hear a response.

It doesn't show depth it shows poor recruitment. Terrace have a limited number of sporting bursaries and give them out to 'imports' that don't reach their potential and play seconds. They've been notorious for it the last 5-10 years.

If it was depth Terrace would be at the top end of the ladder, but they aren't.

wisemaan

Banned
Interesting views on the ladder position. I think NC are the clear favourites for another Premiership tilt with the rest playing for 2nd. However, having watched all the schools during the trials, bar TGS, I think the sleepers of the competition are ACGS and possibly BSHS as well as TGS.

If ACGS can keep there starting 1st XV injury free, they will cause some real problems for the top teams ie NC, BBC and TSS. I watched the ACGS vs NC trial and ACGS more than held their own IMO considering they were missing some key forwards in Crothers, Solofa and a couple of others who are injured. The ACGS backline look so much better when young Blanch plays and I think he’s one of there keys to a successful season. I believe NC were missing about 7 regular starters so they will be stronger again but I feel lots of the opposition coaches have worked out the NC way of playing, but easier said than done!

Overall, I feel the competition is going to be closer than people think - a bit like the Brisbane Colts 1 competition this year where most of the games have been hard fought and very competitive! Looking at Norths results todate, they’ve lost quite a few very close games and with a bit of luck, they could have been sitting 2nd in the ladder.

It promises to be a very good season of Qld GPS rugby!!
How are ya @Make_Rugby_Great_Again this is my thoughts from what I have heard down the grapvine mirroring you!!

It sounds like there's a lot of excitement and anticipation surrounding the upcoming season of Qld GPS rugby! Your analysis provides some interesting insights into the potential contenders and sleepers in the competition.
It's true that teams like NC often come into the season as clear favorites due to their consistent performance in recent years. However, as you mentioned, other teams like ACGS and possibly BSHS and TGS could pose significant challenges if they can maintain a healthy squad and utilize key players effectively.

The observation about ACGS's performance against NC in the trial match, despite missing key forwards, highlights their potential to disrupt the established order in the competition. It seems like depth and resilience will be crucial factors in determining success this season.
The competitive nature of the Brisbane Colts 1 competition is also indicative of the close contests that could unfold in Qld GPS rugby. Close games often come down to small margins and a bit of luck, as you noted with Norths' results.
Overall, it sounds like fans can expect an exciting and closely contested season ahead, with several teams capable of challenging for the top spots on the ladder.

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

It doesn't show depth it shows poor recruitment. Terrace have a limited number of sporting bursaries and give them out to 'imports' that don't reach their potential and play seconds. They've been notorious for it the last 5-10 years.

If it was depth Terrace would be at the top end of the ladder, but they aren't.
Not in season yet mate

If you call a previous emerging reds scout a year 11 at Gregory Terrace, then yeah I am. Finished my schooling years ago, didn’t even go to GT, went to Nudgee in the 90s. Calling me out when your grammar, footy knowledge and general writing style suggest your the youngblood.

RossOvalGrandstands

Stan Wickham (3)
Be keen to hear from the Terrace sprinklers how they go today when alls done and dusted
I may have to update my semi biased prediction. GT were unlucky with quite a few injuries (still not an excuse) but I don't think we will see a full strength GT until the season starts.

IppyRanger

Frank Row (1)
TGS vs NC 5-5 at half time then both sides played a more mixed team second half and nudgee came out on top. Nudgee very solid this year, TGS first half was great going over first, but second half bringing on some subs, nudgee took advantage. TGS most likely full strength against Churchie next week.
NC scored all their points before subs came on.
Subs came on with 10mins to go.
Couple of TGS starters not quite fit enough to play out the full match.
Was a great match considering the conditions.

IppyRanger

Frank Row (1)
After a few decent trials from IGS, are they a threat this year?
IGS will be strong. They’ll be mid table. Won’t be bottom for sure. Great individual players accross the team. Coaches just have to find a way to bring it all together.
Injuries and depth will be their challenge.

rugbyson14732

Frank Row (1)
I may have to update my semi biased prediction. GT were unlucky with quite a few injuries (still not an excuse) but I don't think we will see a full strength GT until the season starts.
bbc with multiple starters injured too, just too good 4 tries in 20 mins then subbing off most other starters another 2 then came, bbc looking dangerously strong..

IppyRanger

Frank Row (1)
At half time our fly half, number 8, and open side flanker came off because they were coming off minor injuries. They are also the captain and vice captains, then later in the half more subs came on.
Info I received was only the fly half came off at half time. Then all other subs were late in the 2nd half.
Info could be wrong though.