• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

IppyRanger

Frank Row (1)
After a few decent trials from IGS, are they a threat this year?
IGS will be strong. They’ll be mid table. Won’t be bottom for sure. Great individual players accross the team. Coaches just have to find a way to bring it all together.
Injuries and depth will be their challenge.

Gheeza6711

Peter Burge (5)
NC scored all their points before subs came on.
Subs came on with 10mins to go.
Couple of TGS starters not quite fit enough to play out the full match.
Was a great match considering the conditions.
At half time our fly half, number 8, and open side flanker came off because they were coming off minor injuries. They are also the captain and vice captains, then later in the half more subs came on.

rugbyson14732

Frank Row (1)
I may have to update my semi biased prediction. GT were unlucky with quite a few injuries (still not an excuse) but I don't think we will see a full strength GT until the season starts.
bbc with multiple starters injured too, just too good 4 tries in 20 mins then subbing off most other starters another 2 then came, bbc looking dangerously strong..

IppyRanger

Frank Row (1)
At half time our fly half, number 8, and open side flanker came off because they were coming off minor injuries. They are also the captain and vice captains, then later in the half more subs came on.
Info I received was only the fly half came off at half time. Then all other subs were late in the 2nd half.
Info could be wrong though.

Nut and Bolt

Bob McCowan (2)
Went up the hill with a mate for the first time in years. Bloody hell Toowoomba put on the weather. Thought the game was anyone's at half time then NG ran away with it in second half. TGS changed their 5/8 and everything went downhill from there. NG 5/8 was excellent in the wet and was the difference. TGS back 3 worked hard and would like to know who they are as they look young but quick. NG hard to beat this year going on that game. Bring on some good weather for next week.

Gheeza6711

Peter Burge (5)
Went up the hill with a mate for the first time in years. Bloody hell Toowoomba put on the weather. Thought the game was anyone's at half time then NG ran away with it in second half. TGS changed their 5/8 and everything went downhill from there. NG 5/8 was excellent in the wet and was the difference. TGS back 3 worked hard and would like to know who they are as they look young but quick. NG hard to beat this year going on that game. Bring on some good weather for next week.
Couldn’t agree more, the back 3 include myles rosemond, adam davis and matty johnston. 2 in Grade 11, 1 in Grade 10. That most likely wont be the back 3 this year tho.

wisemaan

Banned

Sounds like quite the outing! Toowoomba certainly knows how to deliver on the weather front. It's always intriguing when a game seems up for grabs at halftime but then takes a decisive turn in the second half. Changing up the 5/8 position can have a significant impact, as evidenced by NG's success. And yes, that NG 5/8 really shone, especially in those wet conditions. As for TGS's back three, they seemed like a promising bunch – youthful but quick on their feet. NG does seem like a force to reckon with this season, judging from that performance. Let's hope for some better weather next week to keep the momentum going!

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

tikkamungrel_3000

Bob McCowan (2)
I would hate to be mistaken here but I have been informed by numerous opens players I work closely with that your actually currently still at Gregory Terrace and in grade 11.... If I'm not mistaken your name is BG is that correct? This is getting ridiculous this forum is meant to be for serious conversation on GPS rugby not nonsense you and your little fellas bring. Please refrain you and your friends from typing absolute nonsense in this forum.
The Gravedigger I think they call him, it has something to do with the new ticky tocky trend? Sorry to get sidetracked, any news on how the GT forward pack shaped up in their lineouts on the weekend? I noticed this was a weak point when I watched my boy play when we versed their side. I am working on my season prediction, and this is a bit of a measure of where I will end up putting the red and black on my list.

Brendan Grice

Frank Row (1)
Its still early days mate, I think you would be surprised what a few key players coming back from injury can do to a team. As we know with GPS footy things change quickly, but I would agree for the most part that they were lacking a bit of passion against BBC. But I definitely back Tomo to whip them into shape and get them ready for the regular season. Definitely a tough matchup for them against BSHS this weekend though.
Yeah Taniela absolutely agree with that. Just caught word that forwards coach Fitzy has been in discussions with Tyrone Mandrusiak. Fitzy says it'll be a tough game for the red and black this weekend, lots of gritty work for the 'engine room'. I think a good game for new fullback Oscar Spicer could do the world of good for this team. A big result this weekend could definitely be the building blocks for a solid season. In response to your comment tikkamungrel_3000, my boy Joe has been telling me that highly touted second-rower Austin Ross might just be the 'missing link' that GT needs this week.

FTF

Stan Wickham (3)
BSHS have been good so far. Once Roman is taken out of that team they won‘t be the same unfortunately. NC have good thus far and they still have around 4-6 frontline players to come back.

Taniela Mcreight

Frank Row (1)
Yeah Taniela absolutely agree with that. Just caught word that forwards coach Fitzy has been in discussions with Tyrone Mandrusiak. Fitzy says it'll be a tough game for the red and black this weekend, lots of gritty work for the 'engine room'. I think a good game for new fullback Oscar Spicer could do the world of good for this team. A big result this weekend could definitely be the building blocks for a solid season. In response to your comment tikkamungrel_3000, my boy Joe has been telling me that highly touted second-rower Austin Ross might just be the 'missing link' that GT needs this week.
Haven't heard of this Austin Ross bloke. Is he the 'missing link' in terms of size ? Because the GT boys are definitely lacking a bit in that size department, they definitely aren't lacking that skill factor though. I just feel that a little extra size in their pack wouldn't hurt.

The Bull

Bob McCowan (2)
BSHS have been good so far. Once Roman is taken out of that team they won‘t be the same unfortunately. NC have good thus far and they still have around 4-6 frontline players to come back.
Who are the frontline players missing?

Brendan Grice

Frank Row (1)
Haven't heard of this Austin Ross bloke. Is he the 'missing link' in terms of size ? Because the GT boys are definitely lacking a bit in that size department, they definitely aren't lacking that skill factor though. I just feel that a little extra size in their pack wouldn't hurt.
Not the biggest bloke on the field but he makes up for what he lacks in size in fight. The bloke truly embodies what it means to put in work without expecting any acknowledgment. Really think he could provide what GT lacks in the lineout department, seen him in a couple of 2nd XV games before, bit upset to not see him get a run around with the big dogs.